Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So...who's getting two Teelas? One for Teela and one for The Goddess?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

So...who's getting two Teelas? One for Teela and one for The Goddess?

I never buy two figures, but I might...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I will probably just get one. Just hope Teela comes with the sword she has pictured with her in several vintage pictures and mini comics.

Meh, I`ll wait till the actual Goddess is released. Ordering 3 at a time gets expensive enough (1 loose, 1 MOC, and 1 for my son)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'll be buying a couple of Teela's BUT I'll want a seperate Goddess figure too.

I'm hopeful that we'll have some official confirmation of some sorts as to whether or not there will be a Green Goddess by the time we can order Teela.

If we don't have any confirmation? I'll buy two.

Maybe we shouldn't be discussing this and giving Mattel ideas...

See, they'll hold off now on announcements for GG after Teela goes on sale! D'oh!!!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I think the Goddess sounds like a strong choice for an exclusive. I have a feeling we'll see her somehow, so I'm just gona get the one.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I often buy 2 of each female from my favourite lines, seeing as how facial paint work can vary soo much. And I will more than likely do so with MOTUC.

However I will wait till we receive an actual Green Goddess. It's too easy & funky a variant for Mattel to pass up.

One for Teela and one for The Goddess in case we dont get a Green Goddess.

I'd like to buy 2 . Depends how much money I earn around that time. One for Teela and one for The Goddess in case we dont get a Green Goddess. I had originally planned to Repaint one into Green Goddess, however price forbids me.
    If we get a Green Goddess I'll be a happy collector. I really want her.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

I will definately buy 2 Teela figures, but not for the Goddess. I just want one to keep in the package and one to open. I'm going to buy 2 figures of the really cool characters, and Teela fits that description.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

More-than-likely we'll get a Green Goddess, but I'm still getting 10 of Teela to support the gals. Will do the same with POP and maybe NA.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I really think we will see Teela and the Green Goddess follow each other quite quickly. If the Green Goddess is just gonna be a straight up Teela repaint then the basic figures for these two characters will more than likely be produced by Mattel at the same time. Mattel have already said they get charged by their venders to produce smaller runs, hence one of the reasions for the hight price points at conventions for exclusives. Therefore I think we will see Teela in or around a convention month as the regular figure, then the Green Goddess at SDCC.

Tally I will defo be doing the same thing For She-Ra / Adora & the POP gals. But I think the MOTU girls are gonna be very well supported in MOTUC, they always strike me as being very accepted by almost all fans! Lets face it you never see a post suggesting Mattel drop Teela, the Sorceress, Marlana or Evil-Lyn out of the brand. I am sure they will sell really well. From the MOTU gals I am most excited to get Evil-Lyn into my grubby little hands.
    Last edited by Angel-T; January 15, 2009 at 09:27pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

At 20 bux a pop, I'll be buying only one.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Wait, did I miss the announcement of Teela for MOTUC? Or has there not been an official announcement yet?

I'll have a few Teela's...

Buying these sight unseen, I have to make sure I get one with a perfect paint app. (especially of my favorites)
    I have done the same with the other MOTUC's so far & have been happy.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    Wait, did I miss the announcement of Teela for MOTUC? Or has there not been an official announcement yet?

No...no announcement, but it was announced awhile ago that she would be the first female released and that it will be this year.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

I'll just be getting one of Teela, I'm sure at some point Mattel will do a Green Goddess so I'll just buy that figure then.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Not me.

I might get a second one to do a Snake Teela from MYP, which I guess is close.

I really thought Green Godess was going to be the first female that we got, showing her at the 'Con and all...

The Green Goddess is gonna come out, she was shown at the con, so it's just a matter of time.

Imagine if Mattel suprised us and brought her out as an extra figure the same month as Teela?!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

they only figures i plan on getting more then one of are he-man, skeletor and teela. i don't know if i will turn one into the goddess or not yet. it will depend on what mattel plans to do.

Where are all these Green Goddess comments coming from? I'm talking about the Caucasian Goddess from the Texiera mini-comics.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Where are all these Green Goddess comments coming from? I'm talking about the Caucasian Goddess from the Texiera mini-comics.
    I would guess that Teela will already come with a Snake Head Dress of her own just like the old figure. So you'll have your caucasian Goddess when you get Teela anyways.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'll bet even money that Teela will come with the snake armor and probably a switchable head. The Goddess doesn't exist in my canon and I much prefer to wait for them to get to the Sorceress.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

It's tempting. I don't know if I'll get a second one just to have as The Goddess, since I think getting a Green Goddess is all but a lock in this line, but I think I might get a second one just to have two.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I would guess that Teela will already come with a Snake Head Dress of her own just like the old figure. So you'll have your caucasian Goddess when you get Teela anyways.
    Two different characters, man! Haven't you read The Tale of Teela?

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I'll bet even money that Teela will come with the snake armor and probably a switchable head. The Goddess doesn't exist in my canon and I much prefer to wait for them to get to the Sorceress.
    that's the way i see it too. The goddess is nothing more than an early version of the Sorceress imo. I'd rather thave the Sorceress, than another character that looks identical to teela. to me that's dumb. but I'd take a green goddess if they made one, just to add another figure to the collection.

yeah, I bet Teela will have her snake armor, just like the vintage figure & just like the original cardapack picture. she'll probably come with the snake staff, shield & maybe a sword (that'd be cool).

hmmmm......will teela's description be ''heroic warrior goddess'', and Evil lynn be ''evil warrior goddess'' like the vintage figures were?
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!