Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we still going to get Veena, Gladiator, Eldor, and Beast Lord?

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)

Are we still going to get Veena, Gladiator, Eldor, and Beast Lord?

With the new Road Map, I sure hope we still get these characters. After all, they were in the new mini-comic, so it seems unfair not to get them at this point.

To be honest, it doesn’t look that way. The way Scott has been talking, it seems like they’re just planning on sticking to established characters from now on. For now, at least. With the near-death experience we’ve just had with the Classics line, that may not be bad thing. At least for now, as I said.

I hope we get Eldor. I could care less about the rest.
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    I was wondering the same thing... and I hope so. Maybe the new media will spark even more interest in the line and we will get them someday.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Gladiator and Beast Lord, like Sir Laser Lot and The Mighty Spector are characters that turn-off most fans/customers. Honestly, even though the latter were part of the 30th add-on, fans like me felt underwhelmed and I'm embarrassed they're part of the line. I'd rather have Princess of Power characters that I remember my sister playing with as a kid. I really believe recent releases/reveals like TMS and SLL were one of many reasons subs suffered this summer. Fans don't want characters that don't fit and have no feel of nostalgia. Draego-Man felt vintage, so he passed muster with many, rightfully so

As for Eldor, he'd be a great addition since he's been in prototype limbo since '87. Veena, well, she's just a beautiful character, and actually fits with MOTU lore (being a Sorceress type variant), even though she was 200x.

The rest can take a hike, but if this line too comes and goes without Eldor getting produced... I'm going to kick somebody. Hard. Where it counts.

I could do without all these characters.

I especially don't understand why people want Eldor so much. The prototype was such a dull looking character, just, an old man in a brown hoodie.

Some of them were going to be the 2014 3-pack, until people raged about the Foe Men.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    The rest can take a hike, but if this line too comes and goes without Eldor getting produced... I'm going to kick somebody. Hard. Where it counts.
    That's pretty drastic.

I hope they make Veena.
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I really want Eldor, and I've come around to want Veena too. But I wouldn't be upset if she never got made. But Eldor is a necessity on my shelf.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Eldor would make a perfect Comic con exclusive because I highly doubt we'll see him in the regular line up now. It's just straight established figures now.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I'm more concerned about Dragstor & Mantenna myself, than any of those who never had figures before.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    With the new Road Map, I sure hope we still get these characters. After all, they were in the new mini-comic, so it seems unfair not to get them at this point.
    What would be unfair would be sticking them in the sub and making everyone pay for them even though they are not the most demanded characters. Eldor would be the most likely to get made from your list, but none of these figures would sell subscriptions and that's what Mattel needs to focus on now.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Eldor would make a perfect Comic con exclusive because I highly doubt we'll see him in the regular line up now. It's just straight established figures now.
    Everyone knows more tooling dollars is put into Comic Con figures, I will be outraged if they wasted those dollars on Eldor. Save him for for a normal sub month or traveling convention figure.

OK first off none of us knows who is in the 2013 sub beyond whats was shown at SDCC and the possible Horde Trooper army builder & Geldor.
    Any of these with the exception of Eldor could be in the sub. I say except eldor because scott said no more concept characters after the fighting foe men. Too many people were tired of concept characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    I think Gladiator is actually the robot from the original Castle Grayskull playset. Who wouldn't want that?

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    I hope we get Eldor. I could care less about the rest.
    Indeed. What I would like as well.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

I think it would be really dumb to not get Eldor and Veena. They're characters people have wanted for a long time. Beast Lord, Bandwidth, Gladiator and Red Shadow however don't yet have a lot of fans, partly because we really haven't seen enough of them to like. I mean we don't even know what two of them look like from the front, and the other two were only partially revealed in the mini comics. If we actually get to see designs, the characters might gain more fans.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Just Veena and Eldor for me please.

Eldor, and the Wind Raider pilot are the only other 2 unmade figures I still want.

Eldor and Veena both deserve a spot in the line. Eldor for his prototype legacy (He's the last one standing, no?) and Veena for her role both as King Grayskull's queen and as the 1st Sorceress.

Gladiator and Beast Lord may just end up as two of many mini comics-only characters.

I really hope we get them.

we better at least get Veena, Randor got Marlena *both x2*, He-Man/Adam got Teela x2, Sorceress got Fisto,Skeletor/Keldor got Evil-Lyn x2 and you can say Hordak got Shadow Weaver *he was like a father to Adora and Shadow was like her mother so.......* . the man that Started the line need's his Queen!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    I was wondering the same thing... and I hope so. Maybe the new media will spark even more interest in the line and we will get them someday.
    I hope we get them as well, and with Matty mngt's push for MOTU in new media I can see this happening. And this makes me wonder somewhat if these guys having anything at all to do with the "big surprises" Scott mentioned during the latest update video.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Eldor is a must.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com