Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Evil Seed Video Review by Pixel Dan

MOTUC Evil Seed Video Review by Pixel Dan

Dan's back with a new review! This time he takes a look at the upcoming Evil Seed from MattyCollector. Check it out!

MASS REJECTION ~ FRESH MEAT is coming www.facebook.com/massrejection

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page! www.facebook.com/Rejektor

This is a really great figure. I love the design elements that allow him to still move around but still have the vine-y look to him. Only nitpick is that it appears that two thorns sticking out of his back did not get brown paint applications on them as it seems like they should have.

I'd be up for a Filmation version of Evilseed but I really like how this one looks and it's my preferred version.
    Most wanted figures: TUSKADOR!!! Vultak, Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, Crita, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Despara, Darius, Hawke

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post

Great review! Evil Seed is outstanding! He is one of the greatest and most memorable MOTU villains, that never had an action figure. It's awesome that he finally made it in the Classics! Again the 4H did an awesome job in translating the 200X characters in the Classic design! So far the 200X mini sub figures are looking fantastic!

Spectacular! My favorite figure of the 200x sub. I can't wait to be able to finally hold him in my hand.

Thanks for the review, Dan.

Wow, hugely impressed with this guy seeing him up close. Actually, really blown away by 200X in general so far. Feeling excited for upcoming figures again, finally.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

The 200x sub is looking to be a great one! Excellent review by PD!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

He looks really awesome! Thanks for another great review PD!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Awesome Review Pixel Dan! Although I still want the filmation version, this guy came out fantastic! The 200X villains all have that special extra "oomph" that lifts them over the top. I think it's because of all the strange parts and pieces. It makes them really stand out in a good way.

Great figure, really clever work by the Matty design team.

Really loved the more "hands on" approach of the review Dan, great stuff!
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

The Master of Reviews tackles one of the coolest figures of 2015! Great job as always!
    Help a homeless Evil Warrior! Build a Snake Mountain today!

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Great review Dan! Evil Seed looks Amazing!!

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Despara, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Bahdrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Awesome review..awesome figure. My only minor gripe is i wis there was some texture or something on the waist. The blankness/void there is distracting..like a ken doll LOL.

Obviously Moss Man's first mistake was naming this guy Evil Seed.

Also Pixel Dan needs to grow the beard back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cy-Chop View Post
    Obviously Moss Man's first mistake was naming this guy Evil Seed.
    Well, Moss Man would have probably named him just Seed, or Seed Of Moss Man maybe (sort of "Seed of Chucky"). And since Seed betrayed his creator, he would have added evil before his name !

As of the figure, EASILY..... the 2nd BEST figure from the 200X SUB (Mrs. Veena is my 1st pick) ! I JUST.... LOVE this guy & I prefer this version way over the onion head version from Filmation cartoon. And I am a hardcore Filmation fan !!!

Once Again.......... Amazing Review From Dan Man !! BIG THANKS TO YOU MATE !!!

CANT WAIT FOR JULY !!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, *REMOVED*, Filmation Evil-Lyn or Filmation Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Kitrina or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Quote Originally Posted by Cy-Chop View Post
    Obviously Moss Man's first mistake was naming this guy Evil Seed
    MASS REJECTION ~ FRESH MEAT is coming www.facebook.com/massrejection

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page! www.facebook.com/Rejektor

Great review Dan.

It's a well executed figure for fans of 200X Evilseed. The engineering used in this figure is very cool with the vines on his legs. I like the new parts designed for the figure and kinda wish we had gotten him earlier in the line just so we could have reused some of his parts in other figures. He'll make a great placeholder until I finish my Filmation Evilseed.

Awesome figure!!!!! Love 200X!!!!

Hey Dan, where did you get the Jaws shirt from? It's awesome!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    He looks impressive.
    WISHLIST
    Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Sorceress of Serpos Teela ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~
    Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast Robowoman ~ DC He-Man ~ DC She-Ra ~ DC Stratos

I also prefer this version as far as an action fig goes, but couldn't they have simply included a cloak that covers the entire body, made the armor removable, and gave him an alternate filmation head? Even if it made him a lil more costly, I think that would have been really awesome.

Looks great! I was on the fence about this figure, but now I want it. That vine accessory alone is awesome!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    While I'll always prefer the character from the Filmation toon (much creepier, far more personality, and much more interesting), the 200x version makes a great figure, and seeing him in action here, how all the unique design ideas worked out, is impressive. I had feared that the vines on the legs might not work as well in practice as in theory, but kudos to the Horsemen for coming up with the idea for that. It looks really good and works just as well from what I see here. An outstanding job altogether, both on the figure and, as usual, on Dan's review.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by silver3 View Post
    I also prefer this version as far as an action fig goes, but couldn't they have simply included a cloak that covers the entire body, made the armor removable, and gave him an alternate filmation head?
    The 4H said in an interview that if they made the Filmation version, they would want to do it right, and not just make parts for it. I would like a fully sculpted Filmation version...the definitive and much creepier version.

am I mistaken or is Evil Seed's "Real Name" via bio card back spanish or italian for Evil Seed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Looks great! I was on the fence about this figure, but now I want it. That vine accessory alone is awesome!
    Right? It's a cool accessory