Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.159!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.159!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 159 questions!

This round of questions were selected by Niki.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!

1. thatbloodymikey: Filmation Evil-Lyn has a similar body design to Teela. But we saw how Point Dread Teela turned out. What precautions are being taken to make sure Evil-Lyn does not have the same shortcomings as PD Teela?

We are watching that figure very closely and can already say she's going to turn out great. When we are only tooling just a single figure and not an entire playset/vehicle that comes with a bonus figure, we are able to do a lot more unique tooling. The way Point Dread Teela turned out was unfortunate. There were a lot of things we learned from doing that figure, which we are making sure to correct for all female figures in the current and future lines.

2. phnx75: Are there any plans to release a single carded Skelcon figure (maybe with the wings as depicted in recent DC comics)? Roton is an expensive vehicle, but the Skelcon is considered by a number of fans to be an army-builder toy.

Chances are good for getting a single carded Skelcon. It also depends on the success of the single carded Horde Trooper we are going to offer. If that does well then it would be safe to bet we'd do more types of army builder offerings.

3. Niki: In MOTUC we were fortunate to get new characters created for various factions like Draego-Man for the Evil Warriors (MOTU) and Sir Laser-Lot for the Heroic Warriors (MOTU). But we never got a new character for the Great Rebellion (POP). Is there a possibility for such a new character in the Collector's line?

Of course there is always a possibility. It just depends on where it would fit into the line, and when. The polls done are really important for getting your feedback on what characters you all really want to see. Again it all comes down to what characters are constantly rising to the top, along with who will make a great figure. Now that doesn't mean we won't look elsewhere for figure picks, because we want to make sure we continue to be able to offer highly demanded figures as well as the more obscure ones that might not get as much vocal support, but are still highly desired.

4. Swift Wind: New Adventures and the vintage minicomics have yet to receive the mini-sub treatment. While no add-on subs are planned for 2016 are there any plans for another mini-sub for these two canons?

Not at the moment. We do have figure offerings coming from both of those cannons but currently we do not have a mini sub planned. If you all want more figures and would support another 12 figure sub or another mini sub, speak up and let us know. If 6 figures per year is too little for MOTUC, let us know!

5. Tundra_Torque: Could you give us any hints as to what the MOTU SDCC exclusives might be? In past years (e.g., 2015), when we knew that the vintage MOTU collection would be finished, we could guess what the exclusives might be. However this year, the vintage MOTU toy collection is finished, so it is unclear how you will proceed.

You will just have to wait and see. No spoilers here!

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 161!
    Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 159 questions!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Just speaking for myself, I would definitely like there to be more than 6-9 slots for MOTUC in 2017 and keep Club Grayskull and Thundercats at 6-7. That's where my preference lies, but I imagine others feel the opposite.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Just speaking for myself, I would definitely like there to be more than 6-9 slots for MOTUC in 2017 and keep Club Grayskull and Thundercats at 6-7. That's where my preference lies, but I imagine others feel the opposite.
    Nope, I agree with you completely. You're probably right about it not being the most popular sentiment, but that is the line-up I would prefer.
    Some remaining, post 2016-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Garth, Master Sebrian, Lodar, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Granita, Lady Slither, Dylamug, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, Horde Mummy, Quakke, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

I'm all for as much MOTUC as we can get. I was happy with one figure a month. No need to cut back to every other month on for the main line.

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I'd like a full Collectors Choice lineup of 12 figures plus quarterly slots like beasts and such, a 6 figure Filmation mini sub, and a full 12 figure Thundercats line. To me Thundercats is it's own entity and I'd like it treated as it's own line rather than an add on to MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    Personally, I'd like a full Collectors Choice lineup of 12 figures plus quarterly slots like beasts and such, a 6 figure Filmation mini sub, and a full 12 figure Thundercats line. To me Thundercats is it's own entity and I'd like it treated as it's own line rather than an add on to MOTU.
    If I had an infinite wallet this would be great.
    Since my budget is more limited these minisubs work best for me. Oh and my wife is less likely to kill me.

Heroic Warrior
    I like the current bi monthly subs. Easier on the wallet wich allows people to collect other lines like Thundercats or club Grayskull.
    I know I would not have subbed for Thundercats if I had had a full year of collectors choice + Club Grayskull. Now I have a full year of MOTU plus a Cats mini sub ��

I'd like to see Thundercats grow to 12/13 a year for 2 years. I like that MOTU has become more manageable in size.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 3 Thundercats
    ME WANT MORE MYTHIC LEGIONS!

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

I would support (again) a Collector's Choice sub that has 12 monthly figures.

I would also support a Collector's Choice mini-sub for the vintage mini-comics and/or NA.

Please make Master Sebrian happen!
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    I would support (again) a Collector's Choice sub that has 12 monthly figures.

I would also support a Collector's Choice mini-sub for the vintage mini-comics and/or NA.

Please make Master Sebrian happen!
    ^This sums up my thoughts nicely -- especially Master Sebrian!
    -Jon

Just released EPISODE 60 - Ten Year Anniversary of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I hope to see you at Power-Con 2016!

Heroic Warrior
    Some good and interesting answers. I'd like to return to one figure a month in the main subscription.

And keep shouting out loud for vintage minicomics!
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    For 2017, I would like to have a same CC sub as 2016 AND a mini-sub for NA .

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    I like the current bi monthly subs. Easier on the wallet wich allows people to collect other lines like Thundercats or club Grayskull.
    I know I would not have subbed for Thundercats if I had had a full year of collectors choice + Club Grayskull. Now I have a full year of MOTU plus a Cats mini sub ��
    I'm in this camp right here .... 6 per year is more than good enough for me...
    Cinco Banking System: Great. I've made the change. Your wife's new legal name is: TAARGÜS TAARGÜS. Is this okay?

Heroic Warrior
    I really liked the answer at the second question, about the Skelcons and the army builders in gerneral!

It's great to know that eventually the Skelcons will be offered also as single carded item, if the Horde Trooper sells well (as is expected to do). And most important and interesting is the eventual release of more Army Builders! With Lodar hopefully coming at 2017, almost all the Warlords of Eternia would have been done. But i would love to have their army builders as well. Lodar's Kobolds, Geldor's Gnolls and Fould Fiends, Prahvus's Warriors, Tataran and his Goblins, and of course Skeletor's Bone Warriors and the Dark Riders! And the pipe dream named Storm Tropers eventually! They could be offered together with other vehicles like the Skelcons, or sold apart as out of sub single carded items, like the Horde Trooper.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I agree but I say make it a 12 item sub. Let oversized figures and beasts take up a monthly slot rather than being in addition to a standard figure. I don't mind paying $30 to $45 for a larger item a few times a year. Then add in a 6 figure Club Greskull to run every other month and try to time any oversized items for months with no Club GS to keep it balanced for those with both subs.

Heroic Warrior
    I agree. DC wasn't a mini-sub to MOTUC, and Thundercats shouldn't be either just because they share the same bucks. Although I'd probably pick a full Filmation sub vs a full CC sub, at least for a couple of years.

On a side note, I hope we're getting this year's MOTUC vehicle early this year (presumably) because we're getting a FilMation vehicle later in the year (Attak Trak!), though I would't object to a Thundertank either.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    Interested in a twelve figure filmation club grayskull sub

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

It feels like the various subs and mini-subs have finally struck a perfect balance in 2016 where we're getting roughly (at least) one figure per month. Obviously as we hedge closer to the start of the Thundercats line in September we'll have double and possibly triple figure/item months, but I can handle that for a short spate versus and entire years worth of product like in the past. Great job on getting the release schedule better managed Matty. Our wallets thank you!

Oh and for what it's worth a huge shout out for a Silverhawks mini-sub in 2017!! Chromed or not-chromed isn't as of much importance to me as getting the figures in proper size, scale and with removable masks and bird minions, etc.
    Last edited by Stygian360; March 10, 2016 at 04:52pm.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I would like to see Collectors choice go to 12 monthly figures as well....I would even like for us to get as many sku's as we used to get.

MORE 200X in Collectors Choice
    MYP SKELETOR , ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

Chances are good for getting a single carded Skelcon. It also depends on the success of the single carded Horde Trooper we are going to offer. If that does well then it would be safe to bet we'd do more types of army builder offerings.
    That sounds great. A single release Skelcon would be awesome.

I can't see the Horde Troopers doing poorly at all.

...and a full 12 figure Thundercats line. To me Thundercats is it's own entity and I'd like it treated as it's own line rather than an add on to MOTU.
    Exactly.

TC isn't a MOTU spin off. It should have a full sub just like MOTUC had before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    I agree but I say make it a 12 item sub. Let oversized figures and beasts take up a monthly slot rather than being in addition to a standard figure. I don't mind paying $30 to $45 for a larger item a few times a year. Then add in a 6 figure Club Greskull to run every other month and try to time any oversized items for months with no Club GS to keep it balanced for those with both subs.
    I've been preaching this for awhile. I hate the double dipping months.

I'd love a 12 item sub....for Thundercats of course ....where you get 12 total releases in the year.

I'm perfectly fine with the bi-monthly MOTU subs. It allows people to customize their purchases and doesn't force people to have to buy figures if they don't want them. If Mattel wants to do more Classics figures, then do another mini sub that specializes in one faction like NA, mini-comics, CAC finalists,...whatever. This way it again allows people to customize their purchases.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Interested in a twelve figure filmation club grayskull sub
    THIS SHOCKS ME! I wouldn't mind that either my friend. My only fear with 12 a year is if it burns out too quickly. But I'd like a 12 figure sub and a 6 figure sub between Filmation and Collectors choice, however it's allocated. Right now were not getting quite enough product to feed my appetite.

I think we can count on Horde Troopers to sell well. I may buy 4 myself, 1 as he comes, 3 for the alt heads with General Sunder. Here's to hoping for Skelcons and Snake Men (Both Snake Men ) to be sold singly.

As long as there will be 2 MOTU subs I'd prefer them both to be half subs, with 1 having bonus items, like mounts/beats/creatures etc. I'd like to collect both. If one jumps up to 12 months I'll probably have to quit Thunder Cats as MOTU will always remain my priority.

I'm all for whatever gets us the most product for MOTUC. This year is definitely lacking for me when it comes to MOTUC offerings.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I like the mystery about what the SDCC exclusive will be…I just hope I can get whatever it is this year! I still don't have Rotar and Twistoid.
    With that said, what if the exclusive is Stridor? It'd be an easy, quick way to get him to us since Night Stalker is already designed and probably tooled.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Glad to read some confirmation on a solo Trooper release. I could use a few more.

And if Skelcons go single carded, they have to make it the winged version.

Although I would be happy for Collector's Choice to go to 12 figures, the 6 fig release has been a welcome relief. But I do want to finish NEW ADVENTURES and am dying for a NA Mini-Sub. I really hope they bring one next year. It would finish off most of the NA needed and would leave just a few left to sprinkle into CC. I really want to see what the wish lists would look like once NA is complete.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, HAWKE, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, KARG