Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Rock People (Granita, Facet) Discussion

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Being a huge Rokkon and Stonedar fan, I echo everything you said here. I was sooo disappointed when the 2002 line came and went and the Rock People were nowhere to be found in the modern reboot...
    I agree for sure. Probably no Rock guys because they OD'd on Snake Men and Snake Armor.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

This is one of the Things I'm dying to see done. I know they arn't that popular and allot of people consider them lame. And hell i won't pretend they are like my favorite characters.

But this is really something i can see the horsemen go off on so much. Theres huge potential with what they have to work with, and i think they can make these guys that no ones ever been big on and transform them into super grade a stuff. Theres all the rock texture along with robotics and what not, just so much to work with.

I predict we'll get them cause i can see them making a base body for these guys, and i know they can at least use it twice, but they may make a generic rock trooper too. They'd probably use the same arms and legs, but they'd give them new chest parts and new heads.

I'm not sure on the transformation, I'm like 65% thinking they wont do it. But transforming something into a rock seems dirt simple, compared to like transforming into a jet or something. So it has that going for it, but like i said i'm doubtful.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ghlight=rokkon

it has been posted already.

as I said in the aforementioned thread, the way the rockmen transform is more an issue of posability rather than an action feature. so it's possible for motuc as it doesn't require advanced mechanisms to acheive.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I am totally behind the release of these guys ASAP!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I am totally behind the release of these guys ASAP!
    Me too. I can see the 4HM doing wonders with these guys.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Definitely would be cool to see the 4HM take on the rock soldiers. I do believe that Toyguru has said that Granita was off-limits, though. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. It would be cool to see her make it to figure form finally.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

oh yes !!!!!!!! ROKKON and STONEDAR are in my top wish list !!!!!!!!! not just because they've not been revamped in the 200x style (such a shame )......I'm so waitin for them and see whats goin' to be 4H take on the rock people !!!!!!

when I was a child I used to play a lot with them cos they're so funny ....they transform in rocks !!! they are so coool still nowadays !!!!!!!
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It may not require as much new tooling as one might think; the rock covering could be re-usable separate pieces attached to existing limbs. The chest piece could be an add on just like the usual armor. I don't know if they'd be able to still transform completely, but if anyone could figure it out design-wise, it would be the Fab Four.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

It would be so cool to se these guys in MOTUC, and I like the fact that their transformation was considered posability vs. action feature so we might actually get them the way we want!
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb 11:1 (NIV)

I wonder if they do the rock people if Mattel will make a Calix figure that uses some of their parts as well.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

So, Granita was a Mattel creation? Interesting. Well, I hope that if they do release Rokkon and Stonedar, they also make Granita.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    The Rock people are one of my favorites when I was a kid. I can imagine an updated classics version of Stondar and Rokkon, but I think we're a long while off from those guys. Don't get me wrong, I think we'll see them, but not in 2011 or 2012.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    a LONG time ago, Toyguru confirmed that IF the rockmen were made, they would turn to rocks... it was back in the answers about whether Mechanek, Man-E-faces, and Triclops were considered 'action features' No guarantee that answer still applies... but there it is...

Personally, I never had Stonedar. but I lOVED Rokkon. Anytime they gave me something for He-man to hurl at Voltron... ALWAYS a win

The recent speculation on Rockseena in the "Trademarks" thread got me thinkin about our beloved Rock people, so I figured I'd search out and resurrect this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    I only want one thing: If the armor is a snap one, please make that the rock parts can transform into the meteor form.
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    ...if the rock armor was removable then perhaps they could form together as a sphere when not on the figure?
    If their new MOTUC figures do not fold down like their classic figures, then I think this would be an ideal solution, with the additional rock shield/bottom snap-on piece, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    I just hope Mattel leave the names alone. Dar and Kon are cool enough as "real" names IMO.
    I completely agree with you here.
    No comment.

Heroic Warrior
    I want these guys as well! Rokkon and Stonedar were two of my faves as a kid. I liked it they were from outer space and could be meteors and then transform from rocks to people. I'm sure with the modern articulation they can simulate the old transformation as well by being bent over and posed just right.
    Good trades with: Cammor

Big fan of these guys, can't wait! Hope we see one of these sooner than later.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I REALLY want Rokkon to have translucent white with blue inside it rock armour, to give him a really (no pun intended) ice effect, would be even cooler if that blue glowed in the dark. this (m inus the glow in the dark bit) is something I suggested to the horsemen during the 200x/staction era, they really liked the sound of it, so I hope they remembered!
    by the way I love the idea of a separate rock shield. +
    Yeah, very cool. I can imagine the paint apps will be great on these guys. And I love the stone shield idea. very cool. Someone else mentioned removable rock armor. that is another great idea. Rokkon and Stonedar were indeed favorites of mine growing up & I love to have them as motuc.

p.s. Calix would be great to have latter down the line. Gbagok's Unofficial Character Bio of Calix sold it for me.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I really hope they come with a "Rock people" faction sticker...

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Im confused about how these people is called. In the original bible Rokkon and Stonedar are "Comet Warriors". Is this a title just for the bravest heroes of Rock People?

I also want a sticker for these heroes in the style of this one:

TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I thought they were great toys to play with as a kid and I was interested to see what they were going to do with them in 200x but in Classic I'm just not that excited about them. The female one from the mini-comics would be nice but Rokkon and Stonedar first.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    You know, I was actually very much looking forward to Rokkon the most when the 2002 line made it's debut... and it never came to pass.
    And then NECA and the Horsemen started belting out the most amazing stactions ever, and I thought "Well, maybe I'll get at least one of them this way...", and it never came to pass.
    So now we have MOTUC, and they BETTER DAMN WELL make Rokkon and/or Stonedar (but preferably BOTH!)
    At least we've heard ToyGuru at least mention the rock people for the new line. I doubt they were even considered at all for the 2002 relaunch.

As for the female Rock Warrior-
    Filmation gave us Granita.
    BUT, the mini-comics did indeed show a female rock warrior (unnamed and not the same design as Granita in the cartoon), so it's indeed possible that Mattel could churn out a female rock warrior character (but is it likely?).
    There was a female in the mini comic which looks very similar to the only other rock person to recieve a name in the Shera Filmation series- Facet, hence my name. She helps an elf prince in trouble from the horde, and gets him to the rebels in the whispering woods. If they make Granita, then they should make Facet as well

Rokkon and Stonedar are one of my favourite characters from the vintage line. They have a very cool design and never seen before weapons (very cool that they can be displayed in arms and chest of the figure!).

I only want one thing: If the armor is a snap one, please make that the rock parts can transform into the meteor form.

I also want minicomics Granita and hope to get an evil Rock warrior (repainting the mold with a new head).

I even want the little Meteorbs with 4H style.
    You have Calix, he works for the horde
    Last edited by facet; December 23, 2010 at 01:08am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Anyone else looking forward to Stonedar and Rokkon? This time around, I think they should be full figures with snap-on rock plates.
    I like this idea. The vintage versions didn't have the same character feel for me because they weren't really like He-man. I'd love to see Stondar and Rokkon with the He-man buck and snap on plates. They wouldn't really even have to fold into rocks for me either.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Im confused about how these people is called. In the original bible Rokkon and Stonedar are "Comet Warriors". Is this a title just for the bravest heroes of Rock People?
    I suppose it's either or, although, I like the title of "Comet Warriors" for "warrior" rock people, and the rest or their non-warrior race members would simply be referred to as "rock people."

or...

Both images from grayskullmuseum.com.

I also want a sticker for these heroes in the style of this one:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ictureid=11590
    I agree, some type of sticker could be cool. However I also wouldn't be opposed to doing something similar to what was done on the actual card front instead, like the classic cards (as seen on the card of the second image above.)
    No comment.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks for posting, Ive never noticed that there were 2 different cards, one with the rock people title an the other with comet warrior title. I hope they come with a "Comet Warrior" sticker...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Yeah I hadn't remembered myself until reviewing those images.

And here is what I was referring to, something like this:

Boy do I have too much time on my hands!

But yeah, or simply a new comet warriors sticker like the style of the one you proposed would be just as cool!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No comment.