Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Rock People (Granita, Facet) Discussion

These guys scream "three pack"....I know the other three packs released have been very controversial, but I feel like this one would be very popular and fans would be much more willing to shell out the $75 to get these three.

I love the idea of a "three pack" of Rokkon, Stonedar and Granita. It would be really cool if Facet was an extra accessory, since she was a youngster and would be a smaller scale character.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful94 View Post
    I love the idea of a "three pack" of Rokkon, Stonedar and Granita. It would be really cool if Facet was an extra accessory, since she was a youngster and would be a smaller scale character.
    It would be so cool if Granita and Facet were included as a set. That would really ROCK!!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    The Rock People definitely need to be done in MOTUC! I still can't believe they've made a 3 pack out of characters which were only featured on box art and that so far in the line not a single Comet Warrior has been released! I always considered the Rock People as a "mini" faction and thought that they deserved a slot in MOTUC. Still I am afraid we will never see them in MOTUC. Surely the Rock People would be more expensive to tool, but they would make a hell of a multipack! Maybe Mattel could make a preorder three pack for them?

By the way, I was wondering if Mattel has ever released pictures of a Granita prototype for the vintage MOTU. I know that she was originally planned as a toy along Stonedar or Rokkon, and we have sometimes seen photographs of other characters planned for the vintage lines (Eldor, Darius, Mara, He-Ro, the Star Sisters...). Does anyone know if there are any concepts of her? I'd love to see what feature was originally intended for her (like if she was supposed to transform like the Stonedar or Rokkon toys). There also seems to be some influence of the Rock People for the prototype of Jewelstar. Did they used some scrapped concept from Granita for her?
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

This image was posted by Neutro back in page 5. I am reposting it as a response to those who insist that articulation would be sacrificed if classics versions of the rock people retained their transformation feature:
    he-bends.jpg
    As you can see MOST of the necessary articulation needed to help them transform into rocks is already present the classics figures. Honestly as a person who also collects Transformers/Gobots, I don't even really see what the vintage Stonedar and Rokkon did as real transformation. All they pretty much did is just "bend over" (I'm surprised no body has thought of making a Stondar/Rokkon costume to illustrate this point).
    The point of the matter is I see no reason why we all (action feature vs. sculpt/articulation people) cannot have our cake and eat it too when it comes to potential rock people figures.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Anyone else looking forward to Stonedar and Rokkon? This time around, I think they should be full figures with snap-on rock plates.
    I kind of liked them as a kid, but even more I liked this guy from the Inhumanoids line:

I think they should do Stondedar/Rokkon, and then maybe issues a few general rock people that just like rocky all over.

If they did make a multi-pack with the Rock Warriors, I would prefer that they made it a 3-pack with Rokkon, Granita, and Stonedar. Throwing in Granita would make it really awesome, since she never had a figure before AND she's a Filmation character. I wouldn't mind if one day, after everyone else got made, that they made new Rock Warriors based on the two nameless ones from the mini-comic (one is a green male and the other is a pink female) and the little girl one from the cartoon, Phacet. I would also love a SDCC exclusive 10-pack to finish out the line, featuring all 10 Meteorbs. That would be a great collectors item.

Heroic Warrior
    This thread rocks
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

For those of you in support of Granita, go vote in my poll and let Mattel know you want her.

My vote would be for a 3 pack. Do it now!
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Tung Lashor, Queen Angela & Lodar

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I kind of liked them as a kid, but even more I liked this guy from the Inhumanoids line:

http://www.actiontoys.com/Merchant2/...INHUMAN-6L.jpg

I think they should do Stondedar/Rokkon, and then maybe issues a few general rock people that just like rocky all over.
    The inhumanoids line...sigh. I always meant to buy the giants to play with my MOTU figures when i was a kid. but whenever i was about to pull the trigger I was just never happy enough with the sculpts to spend that $$ I'd sit there hem and haw, amp myself up to buy and then nope. even when MOTU was getting more sparse, and I needed a fantsy toy fix I just couldn't do it - I was even going to buy the tree guys...never could make it happen though. I loved the potential of the line, I just felt it never quite HIT that mark.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    I hope we get a three-pack of Rokkon, Stonedar and Granita.

Three-packs may no longer be an option for the main subscription, but they could be a SDCC exclusive or just a "bonus" item. Heck, make then a pre-order like Castle Grayskull if required. While I'm not overly confident they would sell enough, I would hope that enough customers would get on board to support this three-pack.

I want to be able to do this with them:
    rockw.jpg
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

rockw.jpg
    HUH?

You want to make him run? I donīt get it?
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    It would be so cool if Granita and Facet were included as a set. That would really ROCK!!
    I'd LOVE a Granita and Facet two pack!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

rockw.jpg
    You mean have them WITHOUT their rock pieces so they look like normal people?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

That reminds of how back when I was a kid I used to imagine/pretend that they used to be astronauts that went through some kind of accident in space that that caused them and their escape capsules to get fused with space rocks (hence the extra circuitry on the inside of their rock parts).
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

I meant I want to be able to take the rock armor off of them. I should have clarified that. No I don't want to make them run, lol
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I want to make them run. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES LITTLE ROCK PEOPLE.

Well I guess this has now officially become the Granita and Facet thread!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Well I guess this has now officially become the Granita and Facet thread!
    Donīt forget the female Rock Warrior and the green Rock Warrior from the mini comics. They need names but they are possible! Sure, they becoming MOTUC figures is very unlikely but the are part of the Rock People as mentioned in Stonedars bio which he is the leader and what is a leader with out people?!
    Last edited by Niki; April 29, 2013 at 07:48pm.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

The thread below should now be used to talk about Rokkon and Stonedar:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...TUC-Exclusives

This thread can still be used for Granita, Facet, and any other Rock People that don't have figures yet.

More Rock People PLEASE

Stonedar and Rokkon are ROCKIN! I am VERY GLAD to see them as the 2013 SDCC Exclusive. I invite as many fans and collectors to speak out in expanding this "faction" by voicing your interest and support for Granita, Facet, and even Cometroid and the Meteorbs. Surely, the Four Horsemen can create designs for these characters that can give them a contemporary and unified look that allows them to be displayed proudly next to the first of the Cosmic Warriors.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150882515380325.471147.288325415324&type=1&uploaded=1#!/photo.php?fbid=10151595905655325&set=a.10150882468325325.471142.288325415324&type=1&theater
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

It would be cool to get Granita as a single card figure (since Stonedar and Rokkon are coming as a two pack)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Q. Does Calix count as a "Rock People"?

A. Keep reading the bios!!
    -=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!