Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Rock People (Granita, Facet) Discussion

I want all the Comet Warriors. Hopefully they will make the 3 Female Comet Warriors someday too.

Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Granita is a prime candidate for any future Filmation lineup! I guess her position is now elevated...
    The sad truth is, in all probability, the polar opposite of that.

Rokkon and Stonedar are vintage MotU male characters (that's three "pluses"), whereas Granita is an unreleased PoP cartoon female character (that's four big "minuses" according to the most prevailing biases). If released on her own, she would be an "easy pass" for all the vintage-only MotU-only males-only crowd (and, on top of that, they would loudly complain about the "waste" of a slot). The only real opportunity to see her released was in a pack together with the "main" Comet Warriors. But that possibility has now vanished for her (not to mention for Facet or Quartzina).

The execution of the revealed Rokkon and Stonedar certainly seems unexpectedly good (I wasn't expecting in the least that they would be able to fold into rocks like the vintage figures did, given Mattel's current corner-cutting practices and, especially, what they did, or rather didn't do, with Jewelstar). I'm glad about that and that at least we'll be getting those two.

But I can't hide I was profoundly disappointed the moment I saw the reveal, because a Rokkon+Stonedar 2-pack clearly means no other Comet Warrior will be released in MotUC. The only way for Granita, Facet and/or Quartzina to see the light of day was as companions to either Rokkon, Stonedar or both (say, a 3-pack of Rokkon+Stonedar+Granita, or two 2-packs of Rokkon+Quartzina and Stonedar+Granita, or one epic, super-special 5-pack of Rokkon+Stonedar+Granita+Facet+Quartzina).

There's zero (or at the most infinitesimal) chance the females will ever make it on their own. Even the Meteorbs stand a better chance of being released now (since they're vintage MotU, after all) than any of the Comet females (and the gloomy prospect is especially dire for Facet, given that her being an adolescent, rather than an adult, adds as fifth "minus" to the long list of no-noes, even though a newly-tooled teenage-sized female buck could in theory be reused for 200X Teela and NA Drissi).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by mykan View Post
    The Meteorbs are considered part of the Rock People, so Cometroid would be a third male Rock Warrior. Gor-Illa is the leader of the evil Meteorbs. The Meteorbs would require a major design overhaul, but I could see the modernizing of those characters as an awesome way to extend the line in later years.
    Really? I've not heard that before. Is that in a minicomic/book or something?

Granita is an ABSOLUTE must. She and Madame Razz are now my most-wanted MOTUC characters.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Really? I've not heard that before. Is that in a minicomic/book or something?

Yes. In Marvel/STAR Comics (Issue# 2), the Meterorbs fought alongside Rokkon and Stonedar, coming from the same place.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 30, 2013 at 05:52pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by mykan View Post
    Stonedar and Rokkon are ROCKIN! I am VERY GLAD to see them as the 2013 SDCC Exclusive. I invite as many fans and collectors to speak out in expanding this "faction" by voicing your interest and support for Granita, Facet, and even Cometroid and the Meteorbs. Surely, the Four Horsemen can create designs for these characters that can give them a contemporary and unified look that allows them to be displayed proudly next to the first of the Cosmic Warriors.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150882515380325.471147.288325415324&type=1&uploaded=1#!/photo.php?fbid=10151595905655325&set=a.10150882468325325.471142.288325415324&type=1&theater
    They can use the same snap on rock pieces, just use a female buck, a new head and use the rock face for facet and meteorite pieces for Granita

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    The sad truth is, in all probability, the polar opposite of that.

Rokkon and Stonedar are vintage MotU male characters (that's three "pluses"), whereas Granita is an unreleased PoP cartoon female character (that's four big "minuses" according to the most prevailing biases). If released on her own, she would be an "easy pass" for all the vintage-only MotU-only males-only crowd (and, on top of that, they would loudly complain about the "waste" of a slot). The only real opportunity to see her released was in a pack together with the "main" Comet Warriors. But that possibility has now vanished for her (not to mention for Facet or Quartzina).

The execution of the revealed Rokkon and Stonedar certainly seems unexpectedly good (I wasn't expecting in the least that they would be able to fold into rocks like the vintage figures did, given Mattel's current corner-cutting practices and, especially, what they did, or rather didn't do, with Jewelstar). I'm glad about that and that at least we'll be getting those two.

But I can't hide I was profoundly disappointed the moment I saw the reveal, because a Rokkon+Stonedar 2-pack clearly means no other Comet Warrior will be released in MotUC. The only way for Granita, Facet and/or Quartzina to see the light of day was as companions to either Rokkon, Stonedar or both (say, a 3-pack of Rokkon+Stonedar+Granita, or two 2-packs of Rokkon+Quartzina and Stonedar+Granita, or one epic, super-special 5-pack of Rokkon+Stonedar+Granita+Facet+Quartzina).

There's zero (or at the most infinitesimal) chance the females will ever make it on their own. Even the Meteorbs stand a better chance of being released now (since they're vintage MotU, after all) than any of the Comet females (and the gloomy prospect is especially dire for Facet, given that her being an adolescent, rather than an adult, adds as fifth "minus" to the long list of no-noes, even though a newly-tooled teenage-sized female buck could in theory be reused for 200X Teela and NA Drissi).
    Unless she's a Filmation character...

As the only female Comet Warrior, Granita has the popularity that comes with the "all-important" Filmation cartoon appearance.

She could easily join the ranks of Madame Razz, Kittrina, Scorpia and Huntara.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I agree with some of the orgers who fear we might not see Granita in MOTUC.

The fact that Mattel didn't include her with her fellow Comet Warriors, the fact that she wasn't even mentioned in their bios and the fact that the bios totally ignore the THREE Rock People origin story from the POP cartoon... it looks as if there's no room right now for any other Rock People in MOTUC...
    The Rock People must be the only faction in MOTUC that isn't considered as such!

What is sad is that a Rock People 3 pack would probably have been the most legitimate multipack in a MOTU sub. The fact that Mattel release only two of them and in an exclusive way seem to indicate that Mattel didn't believe that such 3 pack would be popular with subbers...

I hope I'm wrong but I highly doubt they'll release Granita as part of the next sub(s)...

Now the tiny little bit of hope we have is that Mattel recently trademarked her, but apart from that, I 'm not especially optimistic...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

And don't forget that even before the Star/Marvel comic, it is mentioned right here on the Meteorbs cardback about them coming together with Stonedar and Rokkon in a meteor shower.

Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    I agree with some of the orgers who fear we might not see Granita in MOTUC.

The fact that Mattel didn't include her with her fellow Comet Warriors, the fact that she wasn't even mentioned in their bios and the fact that the bios totally ignore the THREE Rock People origin story from the POP cartoon... it looks as if there's no room right now for any other Rock People in MOTUC...
    The Rock People must be the only faction in MOTUC that isn't considered as such!

What is sad is that a Rock People 3 pack would probably have been the most legitimate multipack in a MOTU sub. The fact that Mattel release only two of them and in an exclusive way seem to indicate that Mattel didn't believe that such 3 pack would be popular with subbers...

I hope I'm wrong but I highly doubt they'll release Granita as part of the next sub(s)...

Now the tiny little bit of hope we have is that Mattel recently trademarked her, but apart from that, I 'm not especially optimistic...
    As it's already been suggested by Scott Toy Guru, there is still hope for Granita, Facet and Quartzina...at the least Granita. It's already been confessed that 3-packs are pretty much off the table - they're too expensive. Granita has appeared in more episodes than many of the one-shot episode Filmation characters that will most likely show up in the FILM sub. There will always be anti-POP sentiment, but I think it's more of a very vocal loud minority that perpetuates this stance. There are more fans and collectors who just COLLECT, and don't get involved in forums and facebook groups, so it's skewed. ALSO, you have to take in mind collectors who probably don't care for POP, but enjoy buying them to pass on to their daughters, and anti-POP folks who have been swayed by the awesome design work of the Four Horsemen - I expect this trend to grow, especially with the influence of the new DC comic, which is helping give a more contemporary view of what POP means to MOTU. It's not fluffy, glittery rainbow clouds anymore.

As for Granita not appearing in the Bio, I don't know why people feel that BECAUSE she didn't, that means she doesn't exist, or she wouldn't get a figure. The bio goes on about stating that there are several other Cosmic Warriors - it says it repeatedly. So this indicates to me that a wide opening was left for Granita and the Meteorbs, and in a longer stretch, Facet and Quartzina.

If the Rock People 2-Pack does well, I'd expect the Cosmic Warriors faction to get some expansion.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    They can use the same snap on rock pieces, just use a female buck, a new head and use the rock face for facet and meteorite pieces for Granita
    That really wouldn't work. As it is, the snap on rock pieces seem a bit big for the male rock people....imagine how huge they would look on the female ones!

On a side note, it's interesting how I heard virtually no one clamoring for this Facet character (and, honestly, didn't even know about her) until it was revealed that Granita was not being released with Rokkon and Stonedar. It's funny how outrage over one character suddenly brings out desire for even more obscure characters . Not saying I don't love Granita and wouldn't mind Facet, just thought it was interesting.

Is Quartzina a fan-made name?
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I never heard that name before either and so i decided to ask for her official name and the other green guy from the same mini comics in the WTFWTK 2.101 round. Letīs see if my question gets picked.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I totally want her as a figure!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I totally want her as a figure!
    What her?

The female Comet Warrior from the mini comics?

Granita from FILMATION?

Right now there are a lot of hers who would deserve a figure! Maybe you even meant Facet? I f you asks me i wouldīt mind a figure of her but first i want the female Comet Warrior or/and Granita.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

AFAIK she was "baptized" by Joe Amato when he made a custom of her. I think the name sounds great and fits her perfectly, so should be established as her "official" name.

As an aside, someone else on this forum has suggested "Bouldar" as the name for a teen male counterpart of Facet (the teen comet girl), which I also find an adequate name choice.

I would make Granita the wife of Stonedar, Quartzina the wife of Rokkon, and then:

- either make Bouldar the son of Stonedar & Granita, and Facet the daughter of Rokkon & Quartzina and the love interest of Bouldar,

- or (since Stonedar looks to me somewhat older than Rokkon) make Stonedar & Granita the parents of Rokkon and grandparents of siblings Facet & Bouldar.

There could be special convention/SDCC/whatever packs of, say, Granita+Bouldar and Quartzina+Facet (*) released at the same time as two other special packs of the heroic and the evil meteorbs, so that the availability of all comet characters would make each pack more appealing than if they were released at different times, because collectors would know they would be able to complete a full Comet People collection in one go (supposing they already got the "basic" Rokkon+Stonedar pack).

(*) Since Facet and Bouldar would be teenage-sized (new teenage-sized male and female bucks are needed for other figures as well, including 200X Adam, 200X Teela and NA Drissi, so there could be reuse for them if newly tooled or else they could reuse already existing tools), and given also that the rock parts would reuse those of Rokkon and Stonedar (no new tooling necessary for this), such 2-packs of adult+teenager comet people could maybe be offered at a $50 price point rather than the $60 price point of the Rokkon+Stonedar 2-pack.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; May 8, 2013 at 10:56pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    What her?

The female Comet Warrior from the mini comics?

Granita from FILMATION?

Right now there are a lot of hers who would deserve a figure! Maybe you even meant Facet? I f you asks me i wouldīt mind a figure of her but first i want the female Comet Warrior or/and Granita.
    Granita from FILMATION
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I also believe that Granita has a strong chance of appearing in the Filmation sub. It would be nice if Facet were offered with her as a two-pack but one of the problems (besides being more obscure) is that should would require a completely brand new buck since she is an adolescent and would be need to have a smaller body than any of the previous female characters.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rioblast View Post
    It would be nice if Facet were offered with her as a two-pack but one of the problems (besides being more obscure) is that should would require a completely brand new buck since she is an adolescent and would be need to have a smaller body than any of the previous female characters.
    But new teenage-sized male and female bucks are eventually going to be needed anyway, for characters like 200X Adam, 200X Teela and NA Drissi. Facet would add to the reuse the teenaged female buck.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 101 questions!

This round of questions were selected by facet.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!

….

2. Niki: The original two vintage Comet Warriors who were chosen to be the SDCC 2013 MOTUC exclusive have opened up another new fraction with in MOTUC. In the mini-comic "Escape From The Slime Pit" two others were featured. A yellow/orange/pink female and a green/silver/blue male. What are their names?

Pebblass and Bould-or

….
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 101 questions!
    …my answer was picked and i got an answer…

At first i was…well letīs say it as it is…shocked and depressed.

Pebbles Ass and a pile of useless stones?

Seriously?

But after a few weeks iīm accepting the fact that the female Comet Warrior has a name now and that it is confirmed she and Granita are two different characters.

Iīm still not sure what to think but iīm trying to be more open and not as serious about it.

To cheer myself up a little i made this:

Last edited by Niki; July 6, 2013 at 06:24pm.

…my answer was picked and i got an answer…

At first i was…well letīs say it as it is…shocked and depressed.
    Fully understandable, and you weren't alone.

Pebbles Ass and a pile of useless stones?

Seriously?

But after a few weeks iīm accepting the fact that the female Comet Warrior has a name now and that it is confirmed she and Granita are two different characters.
    She had a name already, and an actual believable and appropriate name (Quartzina), not a bad joke of a name. Toyguru's answer is either a mockery of the character, or a display of arrogant incompetence.

Iīm still not sure what to think but iīm trying to be more open and not as serious about it.
    One just cannot be serious about something like "Pebblass".

BTW, as for "Bould-Or", it should simply be Bouldar (like "Stonedar" and "Extendar").
    Last edited by uaxuctum; July 7, 2013 at 11:54pm.

I want Pebblass and Bould-or
    although I think they should change her name to Pebbliss
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Fully understandable, and you weren't alone.
    Thank you. Especially in the beginning were i couldīt laugh about it i really felt betrayed and made fun off!

I know pebble and lass sound like a cute idea put together but we saw how people reacted to the outcome….

She had a name already, and an actual believable and appropriate name (Quartzina), not a bad joke of a name. Toyguru's answer is either a mockery of the character, or a display of arrogant incompetence.
    I actually had hoped they simple would call her Quartzina and iīm writing "they" as really donīt know who comes up with that names...

One just cannot be serious about something like "Pebblass".
    Right, i guess none is to blame…well except the person who came up with that idea.

BTW, as for "Bould-Or", it should simply be Bouldar (like "Stonedar" and "Extendar").
    Another good one. I would be more fitting but if you go the "or"-way i donīt get writing anyway Skeletor isnīt written Skelet-Or, itīs Stinkor not Stink-Or etc.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...6&d=1373258550
    What a difference a single letter can make! AMAZING idea!
    And those colors are great. It would work for her and with her helmeted head she would be very different from Granita.
    Last edited by Niki; July 8, 2013 at 08:28pm.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...6&d=1373258550
    What about just Pebbles? I agree; Bouldar, with an "A" reads much better. I thought Flint would be a good name for him too.

No offense to Joe, but I am not a fan of Quartzina. It doesn't really roll of the tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    What about just Pebbles? I agree; Bouldar, with an "A" reads much better. I thought Flint would be a good name for him too.

No offense to Joe, but I am not a fan of Quartzina. It doesn't really roll of the tongue.
    My guess is Hanna-Barbera has the rights for Pebbles as a name and i donīt want her to share a name itīs not like she is a Heather or something like that.

And i like the Pebbliss idea it would only be a small change but an effective one if you ask me.

Starting my new campaign:

Gimme Granita! (which will be come Grab a Granita when she's released - note that I say 'when'...I need this gal in my life!)
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo