Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: MOTUC Rock People (Granita, Facet) Discussion

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    With the original version, it should be pronounced thusly: "Pebb-El-Lass" (You can even put a little emphasis on front of the last syllable if You like.),
    i thought it was pretty clear that her name is pebble-lass. like ram-man, he-man, goat-man, etc. i think people are creating a PC controversy where none existed before.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    But isn't "Granita" ALSO a terrible name, played off of the Italian frozen dessert? : ^) I always think of the clunky little vendor's booth that used to stand in the foyer outside our local Wal-Mart whenever her name is mentioned... I'm sure Larry DiTillio thought that it was hilarious to have named her that...
    Haha, are you being serious? It's based off the rock granite.. they are rock people, haha..

- - - Updated - - -

Name her pebbleena instead of pebbliss or the other one.

- - - Updated - - -

They should make bad guys and call em mor-tar and cementor. .

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Haha, are you being serious? It's based off the rock granite.. they are rock people, haha..
    Yes, alas, this is evidently solely MY cross to bear, LoL. My mis-spent youth was forever marred by hard-working dessert merchants. I STILL remain unconvinced that the name of She-Ra's Geolon ally being the same as Italian Shaved Ice is JUST a coincidence.

But I REALLY ought to "get over it". :^)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    i thought it was pretty clear that her name is pebble-lass. like ram-man, he-man, goat-man, etc. i think people are creating a PC controversy where none existed before.
    THANK YOU!! [^D