Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: MOTUC Rock People (Granita, Facet) Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Hemotoggy View Post
    Anyone else notice the Granita name on the box that the hover robots came in?
    They do this all the time. It is how they hold onto their copyright of the name. "Use it or lose it" kinda deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemotoggy View Post
    Anyone else notice the Granita name on the box that the hover robots came in?
    They do this all the time. It is how they hold onto their copyright of the name. "Use it or lose it" kinda deal.
    Yeah, makes me wonder if we might see her sooner rather than later.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'd love more Rock People. Meteorbs would be swell too!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

I know many want Granita, but I'd be totally stoked to get Pebbliss, and Bouldar..
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I wanted to chime in on this. For Mattels side, they want to reuse as many parts as possible, so they can bank on these characters. They already have 2 different types of rock (rokkon and stondar) now if Mattel make Granita with a third type of rock face, They can resue all three of these rocks one of the other sexes (for insistence uses granitas rock for Bouldar, Stondars for Facets, Rokkon's for Pebblass). Now i know that the male clips wont fit the women, so mattel justs makes a new clip for the women. And the Granitas body can also be used for Robowomen, a defender of trolla. So once here buck is made she can be reused 3 more times, and Bouldar can reuse rokkon or stondar buck.

Heroic Warrior
    So ... who thinks we'll see Granita revealed at SDCC as a release for the re-branded MOTUC line in 2016?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed as Granita is definitely my remaining "most wanted" and I think her inclusion in the re-branded MOTUC makes sense as she's one of the higher profile Filmation characters left and she also "completes" the core trio of Rock/Comet Warriors.

Of course, if they include "rock parts" accessories so that she can turn into a boulder like Rokkon and Stonedar, then Granita could potentially be prohibitively expensive, especially if we see another price rise in 2016.

Heroic Warrior
    She needs rock pieces and almost exclusively new tooling, save a few parts. Chances to me aren't great given 2016 is a jumping off year for many. I would love to be wrong. She is pretty vital and near the top spot on almost every poll. From a cost issue, I don't know how they'll handle her.

I think Granita has more than a fair shot for being included in 2016.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm expecting to see Granita released as an oversized item next year and Robowoman as a standard release.
    WISHLIST
    Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Sorceress of Serpos Teela ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~
    Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast Robowoman ~ DC He-Man ~ DC She-Ra ~ DC Stratos

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    I just thaugh about something someone has perhaps already mentionned :

The front rock add-on used to turn the comet warriors into rock does not fit in a standard packaging so Mattel should use a box like large items.
    I don't think they will release a standard character in such a box so Granita would come ideally with another rock people.

(as you have understand I still hope that the packaging will stay the same perhaps with just some writting changes ...)

Just want to give this thread a bump as we head into SDCC month. If there is any justice in the world, GRANITA will make an appearance at the mattypalooza panel!
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Granita had better make an appearance or be announced as forth coming. She is the LAST full-size female member of the Great Rebellion that appeared on the cartoon that needs to be made. For POP collectors, she's a BIG draw. We need her and the three main Twiggets and Hunga the Harpy for sure. Want POP collectors to support the line? Then let us know Granita is coming.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    If there is any justice in the world, GRANITA will make an appearance at the mattypalooza panel!
    I agree! But, all of the Robowoman rumours are concerning.

Why on Eternia and Etheria would Mattel think it's a good idea to release Robowoman, who had a one panel (?) appearance in a mini comic, ahead of Granita? I can only hope that Granita is planned for release and the Robowoman rumours exist solely because they plan to also release that character as a cheap repaint of Granita.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    I agree! But, all of the Robowoman rumours are concerning.
    Yeah, but at least they use the same parts, so it almost guarantees they will want to make Granita. Just, if they never do then it would be the biggest insult to all her fans.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    just, if they never do then it would be the biggest insult to all her fans.
    agreed!!!!!!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: King Miro / Hawke / Dakon / Delora
    Evil: Evilseed / Lodar
    POP: King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian / Crita

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Yeah, but at least they use the same parts, so it almost guarantees they will want to make Granita. Just, if they never do then it would be the biggest insult to all her fans.
    This is what worries me. Having to wait is annoying, of course, but if 2016 goes through with most of the highly-demanded characters as bait (and includes RoboWoman), anything in 2017 may struggle even if Granita is offered.

...and if Hunga isn't included, but Dylamug and Vultak are, I'll be twice as peeved...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo