Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Rock People (Granita, Facet) Discussion

I would LOVE it if they made the Rock People!

I LOVE the rock people! Especially Granita, she totally deserves a figure this time around, as well as Jewelstar!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Anyone else looking forward to Stonedar and Rokkon? This time around, I think they should be full figures with snap-on rock plates.
    This is a cool idea! As long as it works and the figures can still fold up to become rocks, then I'd be for this.

And did it ever bother anyone else that the original figures would still have an opening on the bottom when in rock form?
    If only the 4Hm could solve this problem this time around—maybe they could include a new "rock" sheild that could double as a snap-in cover for that opening? I think that might work!
    Plus, wouldn't it be cool if they each came with a shield to go with their light blaster guns?
    – No comment.

I simply love Rokkon and Stonedar!
    They are absolute favorites of mine and I can't wait to see them made in MOTU Classics!!
    I'd also love to see the mini-comics Female Rock Warrior! I'm sure we get a new cool name for her. Maybe something like Crystal, Solida, Masiva, Minera, ...
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Dragstor, Imp, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn

Stonedar and Rokkon are very original characters!!! I like them in the minicomics 'Rock People to Rescue'. I definitely hope to see them updated in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    And did it ever bother anyone else that the original figures would still have an opening on the bottom when in rock form?
    If only the 4Hm could solve this problem this time around—maybe they could include a new "rock" sheild that could double as a snap-in cover for that opening? I think that might work!
    Plus, wouldn't it be cool if they each came with a shield to go with their light blaster guns?
    Yes! I hated that they couldn't attack their enemies by rolling along in rock form (as shown on the cardbacks).

And I was thinking the same thing, a removable panel that doubles as a shield would be an ideal solution.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Rokkon and Stonedar are one of my favourite characters from the vintage line. They have a very cool design and never seen before weapons (very cool that they can be displayed in arms and chest of the figure!).

I only want one thing: If the armor is a snap one, please make that the rock parts can transform into the meteor form.

I also want minicomics Granita and hope to get an evil Rock warrior (repainting the mold with a new head).

I even want the little Meteorbs with 4H style.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Didn't Emiliano hint that Granita was a Mattel created character? Actually, he didn't say her by name, he only said he had discovered a female character from the POP show that never got an action figure that was property of Mattel. He could have been talking about a totally different character because I don't recall him actually telling us who it was but I remember all the clues pointing to Granita.

I don't know, maybe I'm totally misremembering this and he was really talking about Imp or something.

The Rock people do need a female though, either Granita or that female warrior from the mini's would be totally cool. (both would be awesome.)
    Last edited by Darkness; December 3, 2009 at 09:12am.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

While they are at it, they should make Calix, the ill fated rock man of Hordak's horde from the MYP show, and incorporate him as a Rock person whom possibly betrayed his people to join the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Didn't Emiliano hint that Granita was a Mattel created character? Actually, he didn't say her by name, he only said he had discovered a female character from the POP show that never got an action figure that was property of Mattel. He could have been talking about a totally different character because I don't recall him actually telling us who it was but I remember all the clues pointing to Granita.
    I remember him confirming that Octavia was the one he was referring to. Although she appeared in the PoP cartoon, she was going to be released as a member of the Horde in the MOTU toyline.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I remember him confirming that Octavia was the one he was referring to. Although she appeared in the PoP cartoon, she was going to be released as a member of the Horde in the MOTU toyline.
    Octavia? Wow! I missed that. Kinda exciting and disappointing at the same time. Cool about Octavia but I've wanted a Granita figure since I was a kid. Hoping she can still be made one day though.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Unfortunately both Granita & Octavia are characters that only appeared in Fimation's cartoons, so at the moment neither of them can be made.

Two thumbs up on the rock people!

Heroic Warrior
    While they aren't in my list of absolute fave characters, I'm down with the Rock People, and look forward to them being a part of the line whenever they happen to come out. And yeah, I'd like a female Rock Person to join Rokkon and Stonedar as well.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Being a fan of The Rock Lords, I've always enjoyed the rock cahracters in MOTU as well! So yeah, I woudl definitely love to get some of these in MOTUC! bring them on!!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'd be happy to get them. Probably of any characters that never got a figure in the 200X action figure or staction line, these would be the top ones that I'd like to see made. And I do prefer them to some characters that did get stactions, like Rio Blast and Clamp Champ.

They aren't my top favorite overall MOTU characters, but IMO they were some of the better character concepts to come out of the last couple of waves or so of the original 80s toy line.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

The characters are among my favourites but no, I don't want Rock People that can't turn into rocks and come with a plastic rock inside the package so we can "pretend" they transformed.

If they make them, I hope they wait until they can do so properly.
    Last edited by Arthur; December 3, 2009 at 02:51pm.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

I really liked Stonedar and Rokkon! I really like the idea of them having removable Rock Armor. They could look really cool if they didn't have to rely on he gimmick of folding into a rock.

yea them turning in to rocks seem like that could be considered too gimmicky, and im absolutely fine with them not turning into boulders. but theres really no nostalgia there for me, i liked the rock lords as a kid, and had several of the first line, but remember seeing stonedar and rokkon at my friends house and being confused if they were supposed to be rock people or rock robots, i wasnt entirely sure (and yet i loved the meteorbs, *shrugs*)
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    While they are at it, they should make Calix, the ill fated rock man of Hordak's horde from the MYP show, and incorporate him as a Rock person whom possibly betrayed his people to join the Horde.
    Hell Yes!!!!! Anything to get Calix.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    You know, I was actually very much looking forward to Rokkon the most when the 2002 line made it's debut... and it never came to pass.
    And then NECA and the Horsemen started belting out the most amazing stactions ever, and I thought "Well, maybe I'll get at least one of them this way...", and it never came to pass.
    So now we have MOTUC, and they BETTER DAMN WELL make Rokkon and/or Stonedar (but preferably BOTH!)
    At least we've heard ToyGuru at least mention the rock people for the new line. I doubt they were even considered at all for the 2002 relaunch.

As for the female Rock Warrior-
    Filmation gave us Granita.
    BUT, the mini-comics did indeed show a female rock warrior (unnamed and not the same design as Granita in the cartoon), so it's indeed possible that Mattel could churn out a female rock warrior character (but is it likely?).
    also in the she-ra cartoon, in one epsiode there was a female rock warrior named Facet who helped an elf enter whispering woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post

I don't know, maybe I'm totally misremembering this and he was really talking about Imp or something.

The Rock people do need a female though, either Granita or that female warrior from the mini's would be totally cool. (both would be awesome.)
    Her name Facet in the she-ra cartoon
    Last edited by facet; December 3, 2009 at 04:16pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'd only really be interested in rock people if we got all three...including Granita. As a child I always felt the set incomplete without her and oftern looked for her on shelves only to be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeTeela View Post
    As a child I always felt the set incomplete without her and oftern looked for her on shelves only to be disappointed
    I agree. They did feel incomplete. Just like how there were more than just two Snakemen, and more than just two Horde figures. (And no the meteorbs didn't count in my book...)

So I always wanted at LEAST one other Rock person, regardless of who it was, yet Granita would've been my preference.
    – No comment.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar

I agree it did bother me a bit however as a kid I recall having them attack in rock form differently. I would take the guns they came with that attached to the hole in their chest and act like they would fire the weapon through the opening. That way they were armored and could still attack. It may not have been intended but that was how I would compensate for them not being able to roll around.

I would love to see new versions of them!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Heroic Warrior Eternia LoreMaster's Avatar
    I would love to get these figures in the classics style. I always loved them when I was a kid.

I LOVE the rock people! Especially Granita, she totally deserves a figure this time around, as well as Jewelstar!

This is a cool idea! As long as it works and the figures can still fold up to become rocks, then I'd be for this.

Great ideas, all!

I got the Rock People on a family trip to San Francisco as a kid. (I also got a white Pound Puppy named Doozer and a set of those capsules which dissolve into sponge animals in water.) I always loved those characters!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!