Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Rock People (Granita, Facet) Discussion

Heroic Warrior
    I would love to get Rokkon and Stonedar. I don't understand the general dislike for these characters when someone like Rio Blast should be taking all the hits (in my opinion). The rock people are cool characters and would really stand out on the shelf with the rest of the figures. Bring em on!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I never had Stonedar, just Rokkon, and I was also disappointed neither of them were represented in 200x. Hopefully we'll be able to get them sometime along the line in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    While they are at it, they should make Calix, the ill fated rock man of Hordak's horde from the MYP show, and incorporate him as a Rock person whom possibly betrayed his people to join the Horde.
    I LOVE this idea.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    I only want Rokkon and Stonedar if there is a possibility that we will get Calix (MOTU 200x Horde member) and maybe Granita also. I'll get them regardless but this would give me extra incentive.

I love the rock people. And Mattel could find a way to use the same mold twice! Bingo case closed!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I thought they are a great faction of heroes in Eternia!! I can't wait for them!!

Widget
    I'm looking forward to them too. I hope they lean a bit more toward the filmation side. Hopefully, they can also figure out a way to come up with a basic body and add differences so that both characters can be made.

Rokkon and Stonedar ideas thread!

Ok, I figured I'd start this because a, I want to see the Rock men, make it to this line and b, I figured wish list threads may inspire the horsemen or mattel or at least show them how we support certain ideas tha tthey may have rejected erroneously.

so here goes,

I REALLY want Rokkon to have translucent white with blue inside it rock armour, to give him a really (no pun intended) ice effect, would be even cooler if that blue glowed in the dark. this (m inus the glow in the dark bit) is something I suggested to the horsemen during the 200x/staction era, they really liked the sound of it, so I hope they remembered!

by the way I love the idea of a separate rock shield. +
    Last edited by krosfyah; March 1, 2010 at 08:30pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Absolutely! I just saw one of the vintage figures for the first time and they are really cool...a MOTUC version can only be better.

Definite buy for me!
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Bring 'em on! Am not convinced about merits of removable rock pieces, except maybe to fully close out the figure when in rock mode. Pity we don't have a mini-comic or cartoon to support these or multiple new characters could be created to help Matty re-use the tooling.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    im sure someone out there is doing a custom figure via the MOTUC body's

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I just hope Mattel leave the names alone. Dar and Kon are cool enough as "real" names IMO.

I'd like to see Calix reinterpreted as if he was in the vintage line of Comet Warriors. He looked a tad boring IMO in MYP.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    And did it ever bother anyone else that the original figures would still have an opening on the bottom when in rock form?
    If only the 4Hm could solve this problem this time around—maybe they could include a new "rock" sheild that could double as a snap-in cover for that opening? I think that might work!
    Plus, wouldn't it be cool if they each came with a shield to go with their light blaster guns?
    Great idea. if the rock armor was removable then perhaps they could form together as a sphere when not on the figure?
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Yay to Rock People MOTUC.

Boo to the same sculpt for both male characters.

Meh to removable rock pieces (they are made of rock aren't they - I would prefer for them to look like they were carved out of rock).

I like krosfyah's ideas.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    by the way I love the idea of a separate rock shield. +
    That's like giving Wolverine a sword or the hulk brass knuckles.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I want all of them.

Rokkon
    Stonedar
    Granita
    Calix
    Meteorbs
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I would definitely get the Rock People figs. They were some of my favorites back in the day and remember really looking forward to getting them. It would be cool if the Horsemen could figure out a way to make them completely spherical.

Heroic Warrior
    Of course, I want both Rokkon and Stonedar figures done with MOTUC sculpts. There are very few figures that I don't want made.

Let's see how the 4H pull off the aesthetics of the vintage figures with a modern design. It should be interesting.

Widget
    I love the rock people but something tells me Mattel would refuse to incorporate the 'transforming' feature. Remember folks, no action features.

Completely bites.

I'm still irked about BA He-Man. It's just not the same without that flipping armor!

There was also a young female rock warrior named Facet in the Filmation series. So there are as many as four female Rock characters. There need to be some more men! I love the fan characters Magmight, Fighterjet, and Rockstar, but I doubt they'll make new characters for this group. I think we'll get Stonedar, Rokkon, and Jewelstar (which would still be great).
    Last edited by gbagok; March 9, 2010 at 06:28pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
    That's like giving Wolverine a sword or the hulk brass knuckles.
    sometimes redundancy is fun. I like the idea for covering the hole in the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by _ruiner_ View Post
    I love the rock people but something tells me Mattel would refuse to incorporate the 'transforming' feature. Remember folks, no action features.

Completely bites.

I'm still irked about BA He-Man. It's just not the same without that flipping armor!

poseability isn't an action feature though, Less so than glowing in the dark. plus we're further ahead now with MOTUC than when the line was proposed and started, we have beasts, giants, glowing in the dark, pine scents we may not get twist and punch features etc but I think transforming is possible.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior

Rock Warrior Speculation Thread

I don't think anyone' brought this one up yet.

Stonedar and Rokkon will require unique sculpts and there may be a possibilty of Granita. She can be made as she was designed before the cartoon character. The reason she never made it as a figure was Mattel felts that 3 rock warriors was overkill.

I'll be interested to see if these are sculpted in such a way that they can "transform". I'm aware that ToyGuru has said no action features, but much like the Meteorbs, if these can't transform, then they're not really representative of their race's defining characteristic anymore.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, I definitely want Rokkon and Stonedar, and I bring my support for them !

Here's what I'd like for them to be : I'd like them to be able to "fold" and become a meteor just like the 80's version. This is in no way an "action feature" to me : it is their ability and what makes them special and unique.

I'd like for them to have their bright and metallic colors, and their laser gun that can be attached either in their hand or in their chest.

I can't wait to see how they will look like !

Granita would be cool too, but I'm afraid Mattel will state she's "off limits".

I hope the MOTUC rock warriors will be as durable as the 80's ones.

I don't think they would be too hard to sculpt or to create. Nevertheless, their outer "meteor shell" might be a challenge as far as movement is concerned.

Heroic Warrior
    I think Granita can be made because Mattel designed her before Filmation depicted her on TV. I think Mattel own the rights to her - I'm not sure how close the orginal design was to the cartoon version. Also a female rock warrior appears in one of the mini-comics along with Stonedar and Rokkon.

The Rock Warriors are some of my favourite characters, we so need to see them!!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Yes, I definitely want Rokkon and Stonedar, and I bring my support for them !

Here's what I'd like for them to be : I'd like them to be able to "fold" and become a meteor just like the 80's version. This is in no way an "action feature" to me : it is their ability and what makes them special and unique.

I'd like for them to have their bright and metallic colors, and their laser gun that can be attached either in their hand or in their chest.

I can't wait to see how they will look like !

Granita would be cool too, but I'm afraid Mattel will state she's "off limits".

I hope the MOTUC rock warriors will be as durable as the 80's ones.

I don't think they would be too hard to sculpt or to create. Nevertheless, their outer "meteor shell" might be a challenge as far as movement is concerned.
    Being a huge Rokkon and Stonedar fan, I echo everything you said here. I was sooo disappointed when the 2002 line came and went and the Rock People were nowhere to be found in the modern reboot...