Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Rock People (Granita, Facet) Discussion

I wonder if they could work Calix into a rock person as well.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm interested in Rokkon and Stonedar only!

I'm anxious to see what Stonedar and Rokkon are going to look like. I still hope that the rock armor will be add-ons which can be removed for a fully humanoid space-man figure.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

the norem poster has always been one of my faves I'm sure the horsemen will use that for reference more than anything else.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i get very excited thinking how awesome & vintage they would look in motuc.
    a two pack would be awesome!

I would like a three pack or the three main warriors if they are done seperately Stonedar, Rokkon, and Granita.

I'm all for getting the Rock People. Like Snout Spout, they were featured as allies of the Great Rebellion on the She-Ra cartoon, so getting Rock People, (and Snout Spout) to me is like getting more POP.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I definitely hope that we'll get the three main rock people (Stonedar/ Rokkon/ Granita).... They should have a special "Rock people" faction sticker on their package...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    just wondering: does anyone count in calix as an evil rock warrior?
    Thatīs a good question and opens up another for me( or even more...)?!

Are the Rockpeople made out of stone or or are the covered by stones and rocks so they can transform.

Can they only transform into a round rock or can they change their whole body into different shapes and expand in height?

Calix looked to me like a living moving rock, the Rockpeople we know are more evolved if you ask me maybe he is an ancestor?

Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    I wonder if they could work Calix into a rock person as well.
    I don't count him as a Rock Person per se, but more as related to them/offshoot of them. I view Jewelstar the same way. She's not a Rock Person, but is related to them. Similar to the Kex and Andreenids, similar yet different.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    interesting points.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Are the Rockpeople made out of stone or or are the covered by stones and rocks so they can transform.
    i'd say they're living beings based more on silicon than on carbon, covered with rocks and stones, but not really made out of stone.

Can they only transform into a round rock or can they change their whole body into different shapes and expand in height?
    a kind of shape shifting endoskeleton? sounds interesting

Calix looked to me like a living moving rock, the Rockpeople we know are more evolved if you ask me maybe he is an ancestor?
    i was thinking the same thing: preternian version of modern rock people.

i'd say they're living beings based more on silicon than on carbon, covered with rocks and stones, but not really made out of stone.
    Yes, thatīs more i had in mind and you actually explained it perfectly, i couldnīt have done that, not even in german....

kind of shape shifting endoskeleton? sounds interesting
    The Rock People are such more peaceful community if you ask me, i donīt vision them very brutal or hostile and i donīt think they would change their hands into spikes or stuff like that but if they wanted to maybe they can? My idea would be they expand the rocks further out to shield a friend from laser attacks or stuff like that.

There are such great possibilities to them, i love that!

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Yes, thatīs more i had in mind and you actually explained it perfectly, i couldnīt have done that, not even in german....

The Rock People are such more peaceful community if you ask me, i donīt vision them very brutal or hostile and i donīt think they would change their hands into spikes or stuff like that but if they wanted to maybe they can? My idea would be they expand the rocks further out to shield a friend from laser attacks or stuff like that.
    i do agree with that:
    i don't envision them using giant rock hands, or hammers, or
    whatever (ā la marvel's sandman), i was thinking at rock exoskeletons
    in terms of extendable armor/shields(with reasonable limits), as you said ;
    kind of lift to pass over obstacles or climb walls; camouflage, of course,
    and, in general, any kind of defensive use...
    obviously rolling in rock form over the enemies and smashing 'em down is
    definitely in the count!

Traveler
    These guys are must haves. Can't wait to see how the 4H pull them off!

To be simple : I SUPPORT ROCK PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!! FOR SURE ! Count me in !

Heroic Warrior
    Rokkon and Stonedar need to be released very soon, and certainly before 2012 (or just at the beginning of 2013)...

Granita deserves a figure too.

The problem is that these guys require a 100% tool (unuique sculpts), so we'll get them little by little.

Stonedar has been trademarked... maybe he'll be released some time in 2012 !?

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Rokkon and Stonedar need to be released very soon, and certainly before 2012 (or just at the beginning of 2013)...

Granita deserves a figure too.

The problem is that these guys require a 100% tool (unuique sculpts), so we'll get them little by little.

Stonedar has been trademarked... maybe he'll be released some time in 2012 !?
    I don't think we'll be seeing Stonedar, Rokkon, or Granita until 2013 at the earliest.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I'd just like to throw in my support for a MOTUC Rokkon/Stonedar two-pack! The design is simply too great to pass up. The horsemen can really make them shine!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    The 4H can indeed make the rock people shine in MOTUC... look at what they've done with NA and POP characters!

I really hope that the 3 main rock people (Stonedar, Rokkon and Granita) make it to this line and that their bios will keep up with the Filmation story line.

Hell these guys even deserve their own faction logo! lol

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Anyone else looking forward to Stonedar and Rokkon? This time around, I think they should be full figures with snap-on rock plates.
    Yeah, I want to see them sculpted with normal bucks, but with snap on (like sheilds or otherwise) rock plates. I want good articulation. If they get sculpted well enough (which I believe is possible) to allow good look with good articulation i'm down.

But plates isnt a bad idea.... Hmn.

Heroic Warrior
    Don't you think the 4H could sculpt the outer rock form of these two the same and then create a way for the arms, body, legs, et. al. to plug into this armor (the final product would have the body glued/fused to the rock shell permanently). That way you could get some mold reuse (for the rock armor) and some new sculpting (for the body parts), and you could still retain the rock folding feature. If anyone can figure it out, it is the 4H.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i would love for the rock warriors to come in a 2 pack or 3 pack.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    The Rock Warriors without the action feature are senseless according to me, I will buy them only if they will have the action feature!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Stonedar and Rokkon (and possibly Granita) would be a fantastic addition without doubt. My preference was to see them as a 2-Pack but now i don't mind how as long as we see them!

Honestly not a fan of the snap-on plates idea at all and would rather see them carried out as per the vintage design but obviously updated for the Classics line. They are Rock People after all and if they can't get decent articulation out of them the way they're originally intended as characters, then what's the point of calling them Rock People? Obviously i'm not a sculptor but i'm pretty sure there's a way that it can be achieved so that we can have the Rock People we all truly want!

I have the feeling that to do the rock people/comet warriors right would be fairly expensive, but I really hope they find a way. A Stonedar/Rokkon/Granita three-pack would be ideal, if such a thing is feasible.