Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any character types MOTU doesn't have?

Are there any character types MOTU doesn't have?

So thinking about potential MOTUC customs I got to wondering about what character types MOTU doesn't currently have. Seems like it's got most types covered

Animal types are covered:
    Lizard, Snake, Skunk, Cat, Rabbit, Bee, Spider, Bird, Dragon, Bat, Scorpion, Octopus, Elephant, Gorilla, etc...

Mythological types are covered:
    Vampire, Skeleton / Undead, Medusa, Mermaid, Frankenstein type creature, giants, demons (of sorts), angels, ghosts, etc...

Profession type characters are covered:
    Wizard / Sorcerer, King / Queen /Royalty, Knight, Warrior, Barbarian, Ninja, Cowboy, Archer, Dentist (ha!), etc...

Elemental type characters are covered:
    Ice, Nature, Rock, Wind, etc...

Robot, Cyborgs, and Aliens are covered too

Sure there are plenty of characters that aren't exactly one thing like Merman who's sort of fish / sea creature and whatever Mantenna is supposed to be, but what all is not present?

Minotaurs? Dwarves? Guy who transforms into a cassette tape player?
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Werewolf?

Can't think of any dog-like, or wolf characters in the animal section, and werewolf would fit into your mythological category too.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Grizzlor's sort of ware-wolfy, though he's not really wolf/dog like. If you look at the Horde as made up of universal monsters - Hordak / Dracula, Grizzlor / Warewolf, Mantenna / the Fly, Leech / Monster from the black lagoon, Modulok / Frankenstein's monster. Guess that's where the 'Horde Mummy' fits in.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Telekinetics! Pyrokinetics! Not of the magical kind...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Pimps & Hoes would be cool.
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

I want ELVES darn it, ELVES! The only place I have ever seen something resembling an elf in on Filmation. I was hoping that Hordak's race (whatever it is) could be elves.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I want ELVES darn it, ELVES! The only place I have ever seen something resembling an elf in on Filmation. I was hoping that Hordak's race (whatever it is) could be elves.
    Except for her ears, Huntara looks like a Drow to me!
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Horde Wraiths, Skeleton Warriors, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM
    Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    POP isn't my favorite era, I'd LOVE some more cultural POP female types. Just make them market them more toward warrior types than fairy tale or super power types.

Like a viking or barbarian woman with tattoos.
    A tribal African woman...
    Perhaps a female monk.
    Or maybe a Central American warrior priestess...
    A greek type woman warrior, like Sophitia from Soul Calibur?
    A ninja woman?

The Blonde Teela Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Horde Wraiths • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Except for her ears, Huntara looks like a Drow to me!
    You know, I never thought of her like that, but you are right! I may ask Hunter Knight to customize elf ears for my Huntara.

Quote Originally Posted by Poweron View Post
    Werewolf?

Can't think of any dog-like, or wolf characters in the animal section, and werewolf would fit into your mythological category too.
    Yeah, MOTU is sorely missing a wolf character. The closest things we really have to humanoid wolf creatures are the Kulataks and the purple Masks of Power demon.

I've wanted a wolf character in MOTU since I was a kid and my MOTUC Create-A-Character entry was a wolf character. I'm still hoping to see one in the future!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    A serial-killing clown.
    Crackers has secretly amassed quite a body count over the years....
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Horde Wraiths, Skeleton Warriors, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM
    Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Jumping off from the thematic elements introduced by Ninjor and Rio Blast:

1970s New York cop
    Scottish poll toss warrior
    Aerobics instructor with removable leg warmer cannons
    Capoeira fighter with Brazilian colors
    Sarcastic 1980s truck stop waitress
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    POP isn't my favorite era, I'd LOVE some more cultural POP female types. Just make them market them more toward warrior types than fairy tale or super power types.

Like a viking or barbarian woman with tattoos.
    A tribal African woman...
    Perhaps a female monk.
    Or maybe a Central American warrior priestess...
    A greek type woman warrior, like Sophitia from Soul Calibur?
    A ninja woman?
    All awesome ideas! Perhaps they could help us back away from the ways the Filmation She-Ra cartoon handled indigenous/tribal cultures. I mean...it was the 80's, and they probably thought they were being inclusive simply by having such groups on the show, but still...yikes. I just ran through the entire series last fall, and it was awesome but, if I saw one more instance of the magical white woman coming to the rescue of the ignorant brown people, I might have thrown up. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post

Sarcastic 1980s truck stop waitress
    Hells, yes. Give me my Waitressa figure right now! I wonder if there is an Eternian version of, "Kiss my grits" ?
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

WHERE'S CRITA???? C'MON MATTY! DO THE RIGHT THING!

Murderor, Evil Eternian Killer

An ordinary Eternian without special powers, Murderor(tm) realized that nobody on his planet actually used their weapons in combat. thHe took a knife and tried it out once, sadly ending the life of Man-At-Arms'(tm) second cousin's brother's nephew's former roommate. Soon, he was inducted into Skeletor's(tm) Evil Warriors(tm), and while fighting in the Second Ultimate Battleground(tm), defeated Stratos(tm) by shooting him in the face! Murderor(tm) uses his knife and handgun to commit murders for evil!

I think Gangstor would have covered some of that territory

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poweron View Post
    Werewolf?

The MVC comic Icons of Evil: Beast Man does feature a dog/wolf-like character (apparently the possessive boyfriend of a catwoman, who gets killed by Beast Man just when the werewolf was about to attack Keldor out of jealousy because of (mis)perceived flirtation with the catwoman).

Then, there's also these canid-looking characters that were featured in a Ladybird book:

Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

We have ninjor but I sure would have liked a samurai of some type and those terrible 200x variants do not in any way count.

The Dwarf type character really is not represented. I'm not saying there need be, but we dont have it. No any of the short character races do not count, I mean dwarves like warriors. Hans Hammer Holder looks awefully good, though not a short person obviously. I'll count him as fitting that sterotype if they ever toy'ed him. Not just high but feel.

Specifically though I love that MOTU does not have the typical fantasy line up and I'll take the Gar as "Elves" and the twigget as the dandelion eaters lifestyle.

Personally I'd like a roller derby girl. heh.

There is no pixie or fairy character in POP, we need a shark creature, (a doctor, who the hell is tending to the enternians wounds? )A firey character or lava character. A dragon master, one who is basically like Callisey from GOT. A seamstress in POP. An explosives expert. And a shapeshift, (imp doesn't count) and false face was only in one episode. Man e faces is just 3 faces, I mean someone who can change their whole body.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    A fully armoured Greek/Roman soldier/warrior (male and female) seems to be missing.

And the Horde Mummy to complete the usual horror/monster movie characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Twiggets are of the Keebler variety.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Karg, Andros, Monstroid, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

I'm not sure what category these would be, but someone that changes sizes like the Atom, or someone who uses invisibility. I know some of the mages can become invisible, but someone who's gimmick is invisibility. One more could be a water type mammal character.
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    The MVC comic Icons of Evil: Beast Man does feature a dog/wolf-like character (apparently the possessive boyfriend of a catwoman, who gets killed by Beast Man just when the werewolf was about to attack Keldor out of jealousy because of (mis)perceived flirtation with the catwoman).
    Yeah, I remember reading that issue and being excited for about 2 seconds.

It's too bad they made him an unnamed, throwaway type of character that gets easily destroyed by Beast Man. MOTU needs a legitimate wolf character that can hold his own as a Master Of The Universe!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

What about a doctor? I've always thought MOTU could use a medic. And no, Mo-Larr does not count.
    View my collection and customs HERE!