Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MOTUC Skeletor Face Differences

That's cool that they did the change up... I still may just repaint mine anyways to look like this...

I like the goofy toy markings version.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

At least I can see a difference between the 2 Skeletors. I still can't see anything different between the 2 He-Mans and Beastmans. I don't consider this a real variant though. If one had a purple face and one was yellow and green, sure. All toylines have either poor paint jobs(try looking at Mattel's DCU Infinite Heroes) or slight difference in the applications on figures. Considering both Skeletors contain the same color with some more yellow than green and vice versa, this is too slight a difference in my book to be a true variant or chase figure. Having said that, I hope my toys have the greener face.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I've got two Skeletor's on the way so I hope at least one will be the more green version.
    Though I'm not as anal about this one as I was with He-man!

Beana: Please post pics of your Skeletor should you paint him.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I've got two Skeletor's on the way so I hope at least one will be the more green version.
    Though I'm not as anal about this one as I was with He-man!
    Hmm, how so? Why is this less important than He-man, wherein it's actually difficult for some ( like me. I think I have the in-between version) to see the difference, while in this one, it's actually EASY to see the difference.

Is it because these two just happen to both be cool, no matter what??

I think the toned down skely is nicer but they both look good

Variations?? Son of a .....

I don't care with Skeletor, though I would prefer the matt He-man.

BUT, whatever is good.

I can tell the difference in the pictures, but I bet once Skeletor gets here I won't be able to.

I wish Skelly looked like he did on that ToyFare cover. I know that's a hand-painted prototype, but still. That thing's amazing.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I can tell the difference in the pictures, but I bet once Skeletor gets here I won't be able to.

I wish Skelly looked like he did on that ToyFare cover. I know that's a hand-painted prototype, but still. That thing's amazing.
    Right?

I need to save that pic to my computer, so i can match my MOTUC Skeletor to it when I get him. Paint and brush at the ready!

Ordinarily I can't help myself and always have to tweak the paint on my figures but both Skeletors I got look great (both have the more sudtle paint).

The main differences between the Toyfare shot above and the real toy is the lack of black wash in the eye sockets and jaw joints. Honestly though, in most lighting (particularly overhead), the sculpt creates all the deep shadows you need. The real toy is also missing the light highlight in the red eye (which I think was photo shopped for Toyfare anyway).
    Last edited by Darkwolf; January 19, 2009 at 10:25pm.

Well, Baena probable took for granted we all know the cover and realize this is a photoshop workup:

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    The actual cover didn't seem to have almost any green at all! Baena added it on this picture, but that's not the original prototype! It's what Baena would have liked to get if I recall correctly... Baena may correct me.

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Yeah, sorry for any confusion.

I photoshoped that Toyfare cover!!!

There is not a prototype that actually looks like that in the face paints.
    It is a model of how I'll aim to paint my own whenever I get around to it.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Mine came today with the green paint application over the yellow. I like this version best! Though the all yellow one gives him a more glowing skull look which is okay too.

I didn't realize that was a Photoshop job, but that regular ToyFare issue still has a sweet Skeletor on it (just doesn't have the green or the white in the eyes) that I'd love to have (which I assume is the hand-painted proto from the Horsemen).

hhmm... I hope I get the Choppy one.

Master of the Rocky Mtns. TravNeal's Avatar
    Yeah, Im with Baena on this one. I plan on "dirtying" mine up as well no matter which paint app. he comes with. I just prefere the more decaying and darker look a brown or black wash can bring.