Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New-new adventures of He-man?

Co-Creator of the NV
    Great work with Skeletor and He-Man. Really interesting new take on things.

I love the hood/coat on Skeletor, but not a fan of the pants, vest and scarf combo. I'd recommend avoiding clothing that looks like clothes that modern humans would wear. Not sure what I'd recommend in its place though. In any case, it looks excellent and I am astounded that the skeletor was a quick attempt because it's so well done!

Hey Seraphyn I like your He-Man version, looks cool and very... troubled
    and your Skeletor, not fond too much but I really have to say this: Skeletor the Pimp But I really dig the skull of skeletor . and I'm gonna make a mask just like that
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

For some reason these make me feel like cutting myself with my library card. Instead of warriors, these guys look like the little girl appealing section of an emo rock band.

But my views on any matter aren't usually in line with the majority here anyway.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    I have to say with as much as I love your He-Man, the Skeletor is just not working for me. I could dig on him from the neck up, but the vest and pants and shoes just don't do it for me. I expected to see him a bit more sci-fi looking.

I still have faith you can do more though and I know you will blow me away again at some point.

Last edited by beyond the legends; January 24, 2009 at 02:34pm.
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

Wow, awesome! It's refreshing to see someone go out on a limb and try some new stuff.

You said it! He-Man looks really cool...the way you've reused the harness to have it go over his shoulders and under the armpits, very sexy. Very good instincts there. Skeletor, meanwhile, I think (if you're going in new directions) could use some more exposure below the waist...and by that (gotcha ) I mean, why not shred up the pants around mid-thigh and show nothing but bone structure all the way to his feet? So when he walks, you see bone footprints Just an idea...I think it would be cool to see that this guy isn't totally muscle and power, but that he's almost rotting away when you look down and think about it.

That might counter-act the uber suave-ness you got going on right now. Cool work!

Cheers for the comments I'm definately going to take another crack at Skeletor. As i was kinda aiming for a modern day earth vibe, I was thinking Skeletor would have been wearing Gangster type clothes almost as a show of power. But I guess really he wouldn't feel the need to hide him self quite so much. I'll have a little think.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphyn View Post
    Cheers for the comments I'm definately going to take another crack at Skeletor. As i was kinda aiming for a modern day earth vibe, I was thinking Skeletor would have been wearing Gangster type clothes almost as a show of power. But I guess really he wouldn't feel the need to hide him self quite so much. I'll have a little think.
    If you get a chance I'd also love to see what you come up with for Hordak and Beastman

Just a quick edit. The chest piece isn't very clear here but i imagine it being almost like an exoskeleton with the bones fused over his rib cage. Still not sure but i reckon it's a little better.

Pretty cool!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Illustrator for Hire Prince He-Dude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphyn View Post
    Just a quick one.

Think he came out looking too much like the joker. Maybe if i give him boots...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...new-skelly.jpg
    Nice works man, really cool!
    I prefer Skeletor without the scarf. Looks better i reckon.
    Keep up the good work
    Last edited by Eamon; January 26, 2009 at 06:11pm. Reason: Image quoting!
    HEROIC ILLUSTRATOR FOR HIRE!
    My Webcomic:
    http://juviescomic.blogspot.com/

My DeviantArt page:
    http://kaos2007.deviantart.com/

www.kaosproduktionstudios.com

I really dig the new Skeletor pic - it's not too big a change, but it seems like it fits in better with your He-Man. And the scarf, hood, and long outer vest are still there, which I enjoyed from the first one. Cool!

now that is a cool looking modern Skeletor

Has DL says...I would love to see a Hordak in this style
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikieson View Post
    To the OP and everyone else...I dont draw very often these days and I have never been as good as you people and never will be...
    BUT I have noticed since I was a young kid that when people draw they always have stray lines all over the place. I dont understand why all the "practice" lines...Dont know the proper terms for it..sorry...

Is this the reason I dont draw as well as others after all these years? Can someone fill me in please
    The practice line method that I would see artists use as a kid in magazine articles like "Hey Kids, here is how you can draw Superman!!" really didn't help much. I remember when I did mine, my Superman could have turned out better if I had just drawn him without even reading the rubish "How To" article.

With my art, the only lines I draw in before any details are the lines that constitute the shape of the character. Then, I just go ahead and draw in detail. Taking time to draw lines to measure the length of a character's chin or other body part is just a waste of time. I learned just how long an arm should be in proportion to a body and so forth by trial and error.

Whatever method you use for your art is great and it works well because it is suited to your own personality. All good artists should draw with whatever style that makes them comfortable, in my opinion. If drawing practice lines to mathematically calculate the size Teela's head should be in relative proportion to the radius of a circle multiplied by 75 to the third power, then more power to them.

Your art is pretty good and I think you should keep it the way it is. It works perfectly.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    YAY!!!

I love this version much more. I love how you made him still have the pants but made the sci-fi bits to him also. It just works so well together to me.

Keep 'em coming buster!
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

Man-at-arms...
    I originally had his mech arm holding a gun but i couldn't make it work so the pose is a little weird now. Doesn't matter it's just for fun anyway.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Makes me want to realise my Steampunk MOTU thats been kicking about in my head.

I liek his rapier.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

These are nice. Can't wait to see who else you've got.
    "Anger a dragon too near its lair, and you'll loose rather a lot of country side."
    -Evander, Kathrine Kerr's The Fire Dragon

Heroic Nocturnal Warrior Sleeper's Avatar
    Cool stuff Seraphyn. I'm definitely diggin' it. And nothing stupid about the sword being made from the same rocks that were used to build Grayskull. Its the little imaginative stuff like that that goes a long way.

Since you were going for an urban look and a less Joker look, I was going to suggest opening Skeletor's vest and putting a medallion around his neck that was a gold version of the emblem on the original Skeletor's breast plate but I see you have already edited him. Looking good!
    *~*~PITTSBURGH STEELERS~*~*
    *6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS*
    1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, 2008

Seraphyn: i totally missed this thread until now. amazing designs, great art, and perfect presentation! looking forward to more!
    Visit my sketchblog at its new URL: JASONBOT.com!

Hmm.. Think it might be time to revisit these now I've got a few years experience under my belt.
    My Deviant Art http://seraphyn303.deviantart.com/

My Art Blog (pretty old but where most of my MOTU stuff is) http://sera-sketch.blogspot.co.uk/

I am currently taking commissions.

Good stuff, Seraphyn! I'm really digging the He-man concept. And Skeletor? Bold move, brother! But it could really work with some retooling of the "MOTU in space" concept. Almost gives him a Fifth Element vibe.