Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FOR CANADIANS: post amount of figures ordered and shipping / customs charges

Heroic Warrior

FOR CANADIANS: post amount of figures ordered and shipping / customs charges

Hi I would just like to know if any of you canadians out there got charged any customs when you ordered off matty for big orders of say, over 5 figures? I avoided picking ups for two orders that I am still waiting for because I have heard horrible stories about the duties they charge along with BROKERAGE fees... So, just curious and for future referance, which method is the better way to go when ordering in bulk?

I ordered 14 figures the first time around and didn't go with UPS for the same reasons you listed. I went with Economy. Maybe took a week and a half longer to get here then the people that used UPS, but I had no charges at all.

I ordered 3 each of He Man and Beastman and didn`t have any customs charges, maybe just lucky!

ordered 1 He-man & 1 Beastman, no customs charges.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    1st order: 2 King Grayskulls, Lobo and Giganta. I did not have to pay any customs fees. Arrived in 22 days (cheapest shipping).

2nd order: 1 He-Man, 1 Beastman, 2 packs of JLU stands. I had to pay $15.27 in customes fees! Arrived in 27 days (cheapest shipping).

3rd order: 1 Skeletor, 1 Adam Strange/Starfire two pack. I chose cheapest shipping again. I'll post when I get them to let you guys know if I had to pay any customs fees and how long they took to arrive.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    My first order of 3 beastman and 3 hemans has yet to arrive but then again I ordered them the 25th of december and they shipped out the 30th... It is now over 20 days, and I'm damn frustrated...

Heroic Warrior
    $2.51

I ordered 2 of each for He-man & Beast Man, they arrived a month later with a $25 customs charge.

With shipping, the exchange rate, and the customs charge these are four very expensive figures! I'm hoping I get lucky and don't get hit with my Skeletors. It's such a random cash grab with no real rhyme or reason, sometimes I want to just grab my package (that I already paid for!) and walk right out of the post office, just to see what would happen.
    Last edited by Tyger; January 21, 2009 at 08:31pm.

I ordered my 1 skeletor with UPS International as the shipping selection. He arrived this Monday.. after placing the order on the 15th.. arrived faster than I thought. I was not charged customs.. nor a broker fee from UPS. I was only charged tax of $3.03 on him.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlor View Post
    I ordered my 1 skeletor with UPS International as the shipping selection. He arrived this Monday.. after placing the order on the 15th.. arrived faster than I thought. I was not charged customs.. nor a broker fee from UPS. I was only charged tax of $3.03 on him.
    hmm reason you weren't charged is because its only a $20 value... I wonder what would happen if you picked ups with a package including 6 skeletors...

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fantastico View Post
    hmm reason you weren't charged is because its only a $20 value... I wonder what would happen if you picked ups with a package including 6 skeletors...
    I don't know I bought something that was worth $20 and ups charged me the shipping and then they basically made me pay the shipping again taxes and brokerage fees. I think that they've added the brokerage fee to the shipping price now as shipping for one $20 figure is over $30, I don't know the inner workings of the company but I know my bad experience with them. I refuse to use them for anything, they charge too much anyway.

anyway I had to pay $8 when I got my single beastman, no charge for single he-man and $8 for single king grayskull. seems like it's an eeny meeny miney moe deal.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I got 5 Skeletors via UPS Worldwide Expedited (Not next day) and only had to pay taxes of $16.41, which does make sense, just wish the UPS Depot wasn't so far away in Concord, ON.
    Good Traders: Domercon, parat0r, cjclifford, marndt8448, prime371, AGE, Grunaura, boggs32, phoenixinfernos1, jesstertwo, Bellamy, Trap-Jay, Steph, Kinnikuman76, zodak74, IceWolf, CHRIS-ORION, Him-Man, layz909e, Master Eternian, Peter, LORD FALLEN ELDOR, Lord Anubis, Son Of Keldor, Tinkerbeee, Pyre, Christop, bigassbuzz, MaxGoof, JeMaBo2, G2Figures, General Hawk 7, Mern-Ra, Cubsteven, lemure77

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    I ordered 2 of each for He-man & Beast Man, they arrived a month later with a $25 customs charge.

With shipping, the exchange rate, and the customs charge these are four very expensive figures! I'm hoping I get lucky and don't get hit with my Skeletors. It's such a random cash grab with no real rhyme or reason, sometimes I want to just grab my package (that I already paid for!) and walk right out of the post office, just to see what would happen.
    Do it! I would! Damn the man!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzor View Post
    I got 5 Skeletors via UPS Worldwide Expedited (Not next day) and only had to pay taxes of $16.41, which does make sense, just wish the UPS Depot wasn't so far away in Concord, ON.
    hmmm that doesn't seem that bad... The thing that really scared me off once (this happened like two months ago) is when I ordered two cases of DCUC and the seller had marked the total on customs as $25. I had to pay UPS $20 in customs!!!!!! Where the hell does that make sense??? $20 IN duties for a $25 valued package... That is the sole reason I refuse to use ups... But alas, I might bite again and use ups international when it comes time to order stratos since this international post is simply ridiculous ( I have yet to receive my heman package which was supposedly shipped the 30th of december...)

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fantastico View Post
    I bought 6 Skeletors and the Starfire/Adam Strange pack. I was charged approx $10 when it arrived UPS. I was beyond impressed, I was expecting some UPS Brokerage fee... but nothing.

Heroic Warrior
    When I ordered my 2 King Grayskull figures in the summer, it didn't seem that I would get charged because UPS gave me my package as is. But, about a month or so, I got a bill from UPS to pay the $14.50 customs charge. This time when UPS dropped my case of 3 Skeletor figs, I had to pay the $9.46 customs charge on the spot. So, for those who didn't get charged for customs, don't be surprised if you get a bill from UPS in a few weeks.

Heroic Warrior
    Just a quick update, I got bombarded today with motu shipments
    First off, I FINALLY got my order of 3 X heman and 3 X beastman which was shipped out the 29th of december via the international post. I refuse to use this method again because it just takes too long and the waiting time is unreasonable... And secondly, I got my 5 skellys today via ups. I ordered these monday and got them today! What a difference in waiting time but alas I did have to pay around $16.50 for customs whereas with the international post order, no custom charges... Anyways all I'm waiting for now is a shipment of 6 skelly that I ordered the day they went up for sale, gonna distribute those to a couple of friends.

I got He-Man and Beast Man today. No customs charges. Took 3 weeks to get to me with the economy shipping. I got Skeletor 2 weeks ago, with UPS--had to pay $3.26 GST.

1 Skeletor. No custom charges.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Anyone else in Canada still waiting for Skeletor that ordered the day he went on sale and used Economy shipping? Heman and beast were way quicker then this and it was a way bigger box, and it was christmas time. I'm just worried that they wont show up at all like the problem people had with ordering heman.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    Anyone else in Canada still waiting for Skeletor that ordered the day he went on sale and used Economy shipping? Heman and beast were way quicker then this and it was a way bigger box, and it was christmas time. I'm just worried that they wont show up at all like the problem people had with ordering heman.
    Total opposite for me, the single He-Man I ordered on the day of came about 30 days later! Thanks to the xmas holidays and slow mail system I strongly suspect. Contrary, my Skeletor arrived today, about 2 weeks after my order - economy post.

I think you were just lucky to receive He-Man/Beast Man so fast last December.

I just received my Skeletor today.

No custom charges at all for any order through Matty.
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

I received my 3 Skeletor`s today, one of them was for a friend`s grandson.

I was charged $14.44 for customs.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    I'm still waiting buddy, I ordered them the day they went on sale and picked international post (economy)

I ordered the day it was released, and I got Skeletor a helluva lot faster than He-Man and Beastman. It took about 5 weeks for He-man/Beastman and only 2 weeks for Skeletor. Economy.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto