Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Jitsu Discussion thread

MOTUC Jitsu Discussion thread

After fooling around playing with motuc He man and Beast man with my daughter I looked up and saw the Jitsu Staction looking down at me with disaproval. I got to thinking how BADLY I want Jitsu done in Classic form. While I'll be happy with an updated vintage one for sure, BUT I'm Crossing my fingers for a lot of the 200x statue to be incorperated with him. The pony tail the armor updates I'd love to see the boots BUT I'm betting I wont I'd pay extra for the HAND to be articulated but I dream too much I think. Any other love for JITSU out there?
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

200X jitsu Staction is my favorite.
    I prefer statues to Action figures so of course my preference goes to jitsu staction.

I would pay a lot to have an other big statue of jitsu made by the 4H... I already imagine a diorama with Jitsu and Fisto

Anyway, I'm waiting for the MOTUC version of jitsu of course even if I already know it won't be as great as the staction is IMO.

Heroic Warrior
    AH, kindred spirits. I love the Jitsu staction, pretty much most of the stactions and figures from 200X. But in my opinion, I think MOTUC Jitsu is going to be just as puffy, steriod-adeled, swollen headed, and boring as I find all the other figures in the line.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    You guys are preaching to the choir.

Have you gone to the 200X petition yet in my sig? If you want a MOTUC version of 200X Jitsu, that's the place to go if you loved the 200X designs and want to see their triumphant return!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Sorry,
    Jitsu was my first and most loved toy when i was a kid and I have to say that even though I have multiples of the statue and love it, if the classics Jitsu is done with the "200X" styling I will NOT be buying it. I highly doubt it will look anything less than the classic seeing the results of the first figures of this line and that makes me very happy
    Most Powerful Man In The Universe

I would love to get a MOTUC Jitsu. He was one of, if not my favorite figure when I was a kid. However, I was not able to order him when the mini statues came out. Which was pretty sad. Two of best MOTU figures in one wave (BA He-man and Jitsu) and I could not get it. Now I have to some how find them on ebay but they cost way too much.

I do not care if he came out like the classic figure or 200x. Just to get him would be enough for me. I do hope that Mattel will reproduce the 200x in the same scale (but I don't want everyone the same size, ie Beastman should be bigger than Skeletor) as the classics. Ofcourse, the only way that could ever happen is if us fans make the MOTUC line a success.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I hope he comes with a shiny gold hand and not a dull one like the staction.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    And THAT was my only real gripe about the 200x version well that and the eyes area of the face.

The Shiney Gold hand ROCKED.

I'll take Jitsu any way I can get him BUT I Think the wait will be very hard on me even though he's really just a new hand, head, weapon and armor or new chest pieces if they go that way. Still alot more do-able right now then ALOT of figures in the "possible" line. It wil be a miracle if we ever see characters like Extendar,Rio Blast Leech King hiss($$$ - ALL NEW MOLDS - $$$) IMHO.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

I LOVED Jitsu!! Besides his being an Asian martial artist(that was huge in the 80's with most boys), I love that he and Fisto(one of my favorite masters characters) are elevated to a status that their peers aren't; they both have each other as an arch enemy and they also both have their own animals/vehicles. The only characters other than He-man and Skeletor to have that.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    One of my fondest childhood memories was when my late Grandfather took me to the toy store and got me Jitsu. I already had Fisto, so it was like a dream come true to a 5 year old.

My grandpa always use to get me a toy everywhere we went, so I have a lot of fun memories but Jitsu has always been the one I remember as being the most special, so he's always had a special place in my heart.

I love the 200X staction and the vintage figure, and I am stoked to see how they tackle the classic.

I would love an old school Jitsu.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by cheungkinmen View Post
    I would love an old school Jitsu.
    I would too. I don't really like the look of the 200X staction.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Ba-Tor View Post
    I would too. I don't really like the look of the 200X staction.
    I think we will get a purley Vintage inspired Jitsu, which is fine because I'll make a 200X version and have both

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post

Ohh, He will! And if he doesn't come shiny, he will be within MINUTES of coming out!

Guaranteed!

Widget
    The design of the 200X staction just doesn't visually appeal to me. Perhaps it's the ridiculously large hand? In my opinion (and I know there are plenty of people who will disagree) the MOTU Classics that we have seen so far are the perfect MOTU figures. If we get a Jitsu in the current line, I think he will be awesome.

I know this thread is about Jitsu, but your opinion reminds me of how I felt about the Fisto toy. As much as I love the character, I hated the oversized hand. I hated that his natural hand on the 200X cartoon was something out of a freakshow even more. You'd think that if a line would have an over-the-top, unrealistic look, it would have been the original line and not the most recent one(it seems that everything these days has to be edgy, "realistic", and cynical). Finally, before I get back on topic, I hope that Fisto is not Teela's father. I didn't really like the implications of that on the cartoon. I love that Val planned on fixing that mistake if Mattel let him continue the comic(if what I read on Wikipedia is true). If Mattel ever gives us another comic: 1) I hope Val gets to write it(he's like He-Man's version of Simon Furman) 2) I hope Mattel gives a little more leewway with the property than they did in the past or the way Hasbro is currently handling G.I Joe(they made Chuck Dixon make Dial Tone a girl and gave the least talented Wayans brother the role of Ripcord).

Back to Jitsu. I want a shiny hand that is closer to the look of the original as well as a toy of Night Stalker!!!
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Jitsu's hand AND ponytail could be articulated.
    But seriously, I think he will look similar to the vintage figure just like the one's already out.
    Nunslaughter rules in a world of fools!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I know this thread is about Jitsu, but your opinion reminds me of how I felt about the Fisto toy. As much as I love the character, I hated the oversized hand. I hated that his natural hand on the 200X cartoon was something out of a freakshow even more. You'd think that if a line would have an over-the-top, unrealistic look, it would have been the original line and not the most recent one(it seems that everything these days has to be edgy, "realistic", and cynical). Finally, before I get back on topic, I hope that Fisto is not Teela's father. I didn't really like the implications of that on the cartoon. I love that Val planned on fixing that mistake if Mattel let him continue the comic(if what I read on Wikipedia is true). If Mattel ever gives us another comic: 1) I hope Val gets to write it(he's like He-Man's version of Simon Furman) 2) I hope Mattel gives a little more leewway with the property than they did in the past or the way Hasbro is currently handling G.I Joe(they made Chuck Dixon make Dial Tone a girl and gave the least talented Wayans brother the role of Ripcord).

Im with you, I hated the Giant natural hand. It reminds me of the concept figure Handsome. He had two giant natural hands. I am glad he never saw the light of day!

There's lots of crazy characters at grayskullmusueum.com, but he's one of the ones that made me chuckle most. Fistos giant natural hand totally reminds me of that.

Anyhoo, bring on Jitsu! And Fisto for that matter!

As much as I love the 200X Jitsu, I still prefer the vintage design. The giant hand just seems really impractical to me, especially for horse riders like Fisto and Jitsu. I know the 4HM were trying to emphasise their strength, but I still like the smaller hands better.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm really looking forward to Jitsu. Generally, I like MOTUC to be a subtle mix of vintage and 200X

Jitsu will be nifty. Hope to see he and Fisto soonish.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Warrior
    I really hope we start seeing more 'amalgamated' designs, ESPECIALLY in later figures like Jitsu and Hordak.

I want them to look like a blend of old and new.

When Mattel gets around to Jitsu, I hope they handle him like all of the figures already released. I want him to resemble the 80s figure as much as possible.
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!

I've been wondering how Jitsu will look in the Classics line. I think the figure might end up looking great.
    But if they are still going to be going with the "at least 2 accessories" rule, what would his 2nd accessory be? An extra hand? I'm not sure he warrants a 2nd head.

Well, I had to go look it up, but MAN! That staction of Jitsu rocks! To bad he was never an action figure. Personally, though, I don't like how GIGANTIC the hand is. Nonetheless, I do love the design. I would love it if the MotUC figure had a shrunken version of that hand. Heck, I hope a few design features are present in the MotUC version; it would suck if he's just wearing Randor's armor again.

As for fond Jitsu memories: that guy chopped so many things that his hand is ugly and chipped to heck.

Though chopping things was his deal, the fact that his hand was slightly cupped meant that he flung things WAY more than he chopped things. I can think of more than one occasion where I either lost something or got in trouble for flinging something from Jitsu's hand. One way or another, he was a fun figure!

As you can see, though, his hand is just a larger gold hand. It works for Fisto, but I REALLY like the mechanical detail on the staction's hand, though, not the size. I know we can't hope for a 200X version, but I really hope we see some detail from that staction.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.