Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Jitsu Discussion thread

Cool pic, River

I don't think Mattel will be using the Randor armour for Jitsu. How much sense would it make for Jitsu to be running around chopping good guys with a royal crest on his armour?!

Also, it looks like the cape is part of Randor's armour, so that wouldn't work either.
    I think the armour will share a common sculpted base but Jitsu's will have the arrow and no cape.

I don't think the sword will have any techno parts like the staction but I think we will see the collar. This figure I would particularly like to get both vintage and 200X versions

I'm expecting new armour for Jitsu, or at least not identical to Randor's. With a sheath for his sword and maybe his extra 200X weapons, which can store on his back like Man-At-Arms.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    I so want Jitsu to be made!! I hope he resembles his vintage self (although I like the 200X version). I would love to see his hand be slightly exaggerated in size... Jistu, Fisto, and Clawful should have bulging right hands of doom!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Poor guy. Jitsu truly is the "black sheep" of the third year of MOTU. Whiplash, Clawful, Kobra Kahn and Webstor all receieved face time on the Filmation cartoon, whereas Jitsu got one whole appearance (in which he spoke what, twice?) and then vanished forever.

Then, when 200X rolled along, what happens? Whiplash, Clawful, Kobra Kahn and Webstor all receieve significant face time on the MYP cartoon! And Jitsu? Uh, well. He got a staction in the last wave? Heck, even his counterpart Fisto got into both animated series.

In associated media, Jitsu was similarily scarce. Arguably his greatest moment was fighting Fisto for a full three panels or so in Clash of Arms before being unceremoniously swatted (naturally both Clawful and Whiplash did significantly better, and they called Jitsu the hand-to-hand combat master...). He was even scarce in the UK comics, which otherwise featured a TON of the more obscure characters prominently (Moss Man starred in more than a few tales!).

There's a reason of course. Both Jitsu and the lesser light Ninjor are, as originally conceived, something of stereotypes on real-world people. This actually is something the MOTU universe has largely been free from. Clamp Champ didn't talk jive and dance disco (thank Mattel), but Jitsu and Ninjor were asian-looking martial artists with "sinister" stereotyped asian features. I'm not saying you can't work around that, of course. This isn't earth, it's Eternia, you can't even really call them "asian".

Anyway, I had Jitsu as a kid and I loved his action feature, his cool-looking sword and all the gold on his outfit. I'd like to see him for once get his due, get a cool makeover and get reintroduced into the MOTU canon at large. I will always consider him to come from the Golden Isles, due to the minicomic Double-Edged sword which places a vaguely asian-inspired civilization there, and I hope Mattel remember this for Jitsu's bio.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Give this poor schmuck a break, Mattel!

That staction is incredible; I really need to try and find that somewhere.

Anyway, like others I hope to see an amalgam of vintage/200x style elements. The staction hand is too big for one thing, but I'm not too worried if the figure has a shiny hand or not.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

There's a reason of course. Both Jitsu and the lesser light Ninjor are, as originally conceived, something of stereotypes on real-world people. This actually is something the MOTU universe has largely been free from. Clamp Champ didn't talk jive and dance disco (thank Mattel), but Jitsu and Ninjor were asian-looking martial artists with "sinister" stereotyped asian features. I'm not saying you can't work around that, of course. This isn't earth, it's Eternia, you can't even really call them "asian".
    See I'm half asian and I had no asian characters to look up to Thats why Jitsu was always one of my favs. And Lo Pan!
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    See I'm half asian and I had no asian characters to look up to Thats why Jitsu was always one of my favs. And Lo Pan!
    It's a well-known fact that MOTUC does not have enough Lo Pan.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Give this poor schmuck a break, Mattel!
    Excuse me? Jitsu a schmuck? He is hardly anything but a schmuck, sir. He is a member of the vaunted Evil Warriors and as such is better than any of the Heroic Warriors in my blood red eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    And Lo Pan!
    Personally, I preferred Lightning myself.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

They don't have to do a 200X head for JITSU, but I sure hope they borrow heavily from the wardrobe! The staction makes the original figure very, very plain. A hybrid of both would be nice.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I love human villians in MOTU.

Bring Jitsu & Nightstrider on!

As someone with no Jitsu nostalgia, other than thinking he looked pretty cool and shiny toys are awesome, I think they'd have to do a little something to make him unique or special. A little 200X influence, swappable parts, or a bonus accessory.

I'll buy him, but just a new head, hand, and sword is practically a bonus figure, so I bet they do something to make him stand out more. All I really want is a vac-metal hand!

Jitsu is the only staction I don't have

Jitsu doesn't fit into my Top 10 most wanted unreleased/unrevealed figures, but if I restricted my Top 10 to solely unreleased/unrevealed vintage MOTU figures he would probably be on the list.

I fear Jitsu is being held hostage to keep the line alive with MOTU purists until 2017 and instead we may get Chopper released in the next year or so as a place holder.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    I´m not sure, if he`ll wear the exact repaint of randor`s armor.

Jitsu is acheap figure to make, only right hand, head and weapons have to be new.

Maybe he gets a redesigned armor with arrows instead of a royal cross...

Want a Classics Jitsu, and of course that's what we'll get. Maybe there will be some 200x stylings, but I'm not holding my breath, and not crying if they dont.

I want most of all the metalic paint aps, but since He-Ro didnt have it, I doubt Jitsu will.

But since the line is doing well, they are starting to do more than they did before, so it is possible.

Fisto & Jitsu Metallic hands!

Since Jitsu -could- be done with so little tooling if they wanted to (without an action feature it's just a new head and new right hand that are absolutely necessary) I hope they splurge a bit and give him some new sculpting. NOT re-using Randor's MOTUC armor would be a huge step in the right direction. Maybe give him some other new accessory as well as the sword.

Come on Mattel, you can afford to give Jitsu some attention too.

Jitsu staction is amazing - maybe my favorite one. If they give him Randor's armor that will be lame.

I'm ready to be disappointed. The reuse of parts is starting to get old.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Jitsu staction is amazing - maybe my favorite one. If they give him Randor's armor that will be lame.

I'm ready to be disappointed. The reuse of parts is starting to get old.
    Reusing parts is okay, where it makes sense (Faker`s armor had to be a repaint of Skeletor`s one).

I´m also fine with with Optikk using Trap Jaw`s legs.

But to resemble the vintage version of Jitsu the royal cross given to Randor needs to be redesign to arrows imo....

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I've been wondering how Jitsu will look in the Classics line. I think the figure might end up looking great.
    But if they are still going to be going with the "at least 2 accessories" rule, what would his 2nd accessory be? An extra hand? I'm not sure he warrants a 2nd head.
    Well here is my take on him. I would love the classic vintage style of him, reuse of randors armor is fine, classic head would be great but I liked the angular higher check bones of of the 200x stantion. But I would like the longer ponytail and the lower armor pieces and rope belt from the 200x. And in terms of the 2nd accessory they should totally include the 2 kamas as well as his sword. Combineing the two versions together would make most happy with the figure, kinda of like the did with grizzlor, adding that loin cloth in to establish the 200x tie in, but could totally be removed. And his hand, has to be the vintage chopping had, with some more detailing to it, none of that steam pump,massive hand that he wouldn't be able to lift up. Now the questions are they gonna use his stantion bio at all in his new bio, That is what i am really intreasted in knowing. I really hope they do because that is now part of the mythos of Jitsus character.

Heroic Warrior
    After seeing the DCUC Samurai figure, I have no doubt, the 4HM can sculpt asian faces...

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i've been really wanting jitsu in his classic design & soon. i would love for him to be the next villain revealed. with the exception of horde troopers or kobra khan.

Last edited by kylun flac; December 14, 2011 at 03:16am.

Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    Cool pic, River

I don't think Mattel will be using the Randor armour for Jitsu. How much sense would it make for Jitsu to be running around chopping good guys with a royal crest on his armour?!
    Good question - keep reading the bios...
    action features for action figures!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    After seeing the DCUC Samurai figure, I have no doubt, the 4HM can sculpt asian faces...
    That's exactly what I thought when I saw the Samurai reviews!

I really hope Jitsu will be in the next round of figure revealed at SDCC... and now that vac-metal paint is being incorporated into the line through Hurricane Hordak, there is hope for Jitsu to have that big shiny hand he's remembered for by many.

Jitsu for 2012!

Jitsu (along with Fisto) were always favourites of mine as a kid, I loved facing them of against each other.
    I don't think he will use the same armor as Randor, I think Jitsu's will be more like the original and they made Randor's a little different so they wouldn't be the same. I also hope he has some elements of the Staction which I loved! No need for a whole second head we just need swappable 'topknot' and 'ponytail' hair pieces. The sword is a given, second/third weapons could be the two sickle/axe type weapons that came with the staction.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    No need for a whole second head we just need swappable 'topknot' and 'ponytail' hair pieces. The sword is a given, second/third weapons could be the two sickle/axe type weapons that came with the staction.
    was thinking the same.
    could jitsu have a ponytail snap on to his head as a upgraded look?
    or would this just complicate things?

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I want Jitsu to be made so badly, that I can taste the vacuumized metal.
    Does Galactus fart?