Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Jitsu Discussion thread

I'm glad he's coming relatively soon! I was worried he would get put off until 2016 or '17! I really liked the classic toy a lot growing up, especially the color scheme and chopping glove. Very glad they went classic most of the way here and didn't add too many staction details. The knives that will clip on to the back and the green details on the glove are all the staction details I needed added here
    And seeing how well his gold turned out without it being vac-metalized gives me hope for an Entrapta figure that will look similarly kick-ass in gold paint.

I loved the Jitsu staction. So immediately seeing the Jitsu reveal, I thought he looked awesome. However, he needs the second head with the long hair in a ponytail!!! Mattel, please justify the raising of prices $5 and showing me a sword and 2 sickles that are one-colored as accessories. A second head would more than make up for that.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Heroic Warrior
    A helmetless Zodak head and Jitsu. The best ever MOTUC reveal day for me.

I can't wait to have those guys here, teamed-up, space kung-fu'ing suckas left and right.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I loved the Jitsu staction. So immediately seeing the Jitsu reveal, I thought he looked awesome. However, he needs the second head with the long hair in a ponytail!!! Mattel, please justify the raising of prices $5 and showing me a sword and 2 sickles that are one-colored as accessories. A second head would more than make up for that.
    Instead of making a second head with ponytail.. just include a broken off ponytail.. Then he'll be just like the staction.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NagAAsi View Post
    Instead of making a second head with ponytail.. just include a broken off ponytail.. Then he'll be just like the staction.
    lol! wait not cool. I made mine work with a piece of wire glued to the hair.

I was looking forward to jitsu having a belt like what fisto got. well that sucks. but I guess its not that important. at least he is still cool without one.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Jitsu came out great! I wish he was equal with Fisto though, and came with a 200X belt and head. At the very least the belt; it was a neat addition. Ah well.

The rest is all...um..golden! Really! I love his sword (and how the handguard is finally not backwards) and the two kamas, even if he can't use them both at the same time. The BEST part is the hand, though: you can see earlier in the thread that I totally wanted a mix of 200X detail and vintage size and simplicity, and I'd say I got exactly what I wanted! Awesome! The hand is just fantastic. Very much looking forward to this old favorite.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    My only problem with Jitsu, is not really with Jitsu as much as the consistency of sculpting in the line...Jitsu's face looks hyper-realistic while characters like FangMan and Clawful get the muppet treatment. There needs to be a happy medium. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE Jitsu's head sculpt, I just want it to match everyone else.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

It matches Fisto's realistic sculpt, might be the same guy sculpting both.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I have the same criticism of the quality difference between fisto and clawful's face. My argument is at least consistent in that way.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I have the same criticism of the quality difference between fisto and clawful's face. My argument is at least consistent in that way.
    I agree. Different sculptors, different style. Fisto and Jitsu are missing their vintage goofieness, not that its bad, but it is so.
    I wish this sculptor would´ve pimped up Snout Spout,lol!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    My only problem with Jitsu, is not really with Jitsu as much as the consistency of sculpting in the line...Jitsu's face looks hyper-realistic while characters like FangMan and Clawful get the muppet treatment. There needs to be a happy medium. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE Jitsu's head sculpt, I just want it to match everyone else.
    Yeah, this has been something that's bothered me as well.

Human faces like what we see with Jitsu, Ram Man and Fisto have amazingly detailed head sculpts then we get Buzz-Off, Clawful and Fang Man. Why must they be simplified?
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    I'm seeing a pattern in Jitsu's head, Icarius' head, Fisto's head, and maybe Bow's head... Are they sculpted by the same person?? Who ever he is, is very good, but his heads don't go well with the rest of the line... They are TOO good and TOO Hyper detailed compared to He-Man or Man at Arms face.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah I want the same fella to redo King He-man, how awesome would he look then!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    I'm seeing a pattern in Jitsu's head, Icarius' head, Fisto's head, and maybe Bow's head... Are they sculpted by the same person?? Who ever he is, is very good, but his heads don't go well with the rest of the line... They are TOO good and TOO Hyper detailed compared to He-Man or Man at Arms face.
    It's just part of the problem with having a successful line. Inevitably, the newer sculpts will begin to outshine the older ones. The first sculpts were supposed to recall the 8-back and they did that admirably. Now that we're passed that, sky's the limit!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

I have to say, I'm super excited to finally be getting Jistu.

I 100% prefer the evil monster and creature figures, but for some reason, Jitsu has always been one human motu villain I liked as a kid.

Maybe it's his colors. I don't know what it is, but I freaking love it!!

Jistsu did not disappoint. After Rattlor, he was probably my favorite reveal.

The face sculpt on him is so good. Easily one of the best in the line. Jitsu's face sculpt makes Clawful and Buzz-Off cry in shame. I'm also glad they gave his hand a more 200x update.

Fisto's days are numbered on my shelf! Jitsu is coming!!

I love how Jitsu looks kind of old. I hate the fact that all characters should be the same age, in the prime of their lives. t's only logical some warriors would be more experienced. That's why I love to have 'elder' characters like Fisto, Marzo, Miro, Dekker... to have variation in age.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    That's why I love to have 'elder' characters like Fisto, Marzo, Miro, Dekker... to have variation in age.
    That's what Jitsu's face reminds me of. Count Marzo.

I'm curious to see if the people who whined about Count Marzo's beautiful headsculpt are going to give Jitsu a pass since he's a vintage. I'm perfectly happy with Marzo, Jitsu, Flipshot, and Fisto's headsculpts myself.

Heroic Warrior
    Alexx, you nailed it!

Why has he got two kamas when he has only got one weapon wielding hand? I think he should have come with the Dragon Pearl.

Still, he's a great figure.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    I'm seeing a pattern in Jitsu's head, Icarius' head, Fisto's head, and maybe Bow's head... Are they sculpted by the same person??
    Yes, they are.

And agreed that I wish all characters had this "serious" a take on the head sculpt.

We should tell that sculptor to tone down his quality of sculpts.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    A helmetless Zodak head and Jitsu. The best ever MOTUC reveal day for me.
    Too bad I will not get Strobo since I will not be going to any conventions next year that he would be sold at.

Anyway, is Jitsu a good or bad guy?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

A Bad guy.

Bad guy, perfect figure. This exactly how I imagined him in MOTUC. Now he only needs Ninjor for deadly duo.

Heroic Warrior
    Ninjor should prove to be an excellent figure... If they don't screw it up.

All kinds of weapons, masked head, unmasked head, Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    That's what I was thinking, I wonder which of the horse men sculpted Fisto and Jitsu, they are two of the best head sculpts on a 6" figure I have ever seen and I have been collecting for years. They are so realistic, but I do understand the argument about the difference between the realistic head sculpts and the goofy looking ones.