Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG...Spinnerella is She-Ra's Sy-Klone!

OMG...Spinnerella is She-Ra's Sy-Klone!

Oh my, how could I not see this before! For many He-Man comrades, there is a Filmation PoP equivalent!

Spinnerella = Sy-Klone

Tallstar = Mekaneck

Sweet Bee = Buzz Off

Double Trouble = Man-E-Faces

Razz = Orko

Bow/Sea Hawk = Teela (feisty redhead love interest)

MIND = BLOWN!

You forgot:

Perfuma = Moss man
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

She-Ra = He-Man
    Swift Wind = Battle Cat

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post

Razz = Orko
    I have never felt Madam Razz is the 'Orko' of the She-Ra series...

Kowl most definitely = Orko

Light Hope = Sorceress

I guess Madam Razz = Man-At-Arms

He devises mechanical contraptions to aid the palace while she devises spells to protect the rebellion. Plus she is part of the 'knowing three' for Adora as is Man-At-Arms for Adam...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post

Light Hope = Sorceress

He devises mechanical contraptions to aid the palace while she devises spells to protect the rebellion. Plus she is part of the 'knowing three' for Adora as is Man-At-Arms for Adam...
    Madame Razz is the same colour as orko (outfit), same yellow eyes and consistently screws up her magic spells, like Orko. She also runs into trees. I wouldn't really give her Man-At-Arms status.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 22, 2013 at 02:11pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    You forgot Ram Man = Kowl.

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    You forgot Ram Man = Kowl.
    whattt? lol no way can you compare rammy to Kowl lol. tho there really isn't many folks you could compare rammy to.

No Netossa = Clamp Champ recognition? Both dress in blue and silver color schemes and specialize in Capture based weapons.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    No Netossa = Clamp Champ recognition? Both dress in blue and silver color schemes and specialize in Capture based weapons.

Hear, hear!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tycondrius View Post
    whattt? lol no way can you compare rammy to Kowl lol. tho there really isn't many folks you could compare rammy to.
    No, think about it-- They both are bipedal, they both have the ability to speak, they both are roughly humanoid in shape-- the similarities go on and on.

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    I'd say that Glimmer is more the Man-At-Arms archetype as far as her supportive role and screentime go.

Queen Angella is also Stratos

I'd venture that Orko is a 3-way split between Kowl, Madame Razz, & Loo-Kee

Flutterina & Garth also share some similarities
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

i agree with most of these comparisons, but wouldn't tallstar = extendar rather than mekaneck? (well, i can see your point, mekaneck is more of a main character.) also, my opinion would be razz = orko, but orko was so popular that they kinda split him up and tried to create as many "orkos" as possible; lots of cute sidekick characters to act as comic relief and to represent the mindset of children learning a lesson. razz, kowl, and loo-kee all have shades of orko. kowl also has a little cringer in him, since spirit is so brave i guess the cowardice needed to go somewhere. again, just my opinion.

Heroic Warrior
    Grizzlor= BEASTMAN

Mantenna= Tri-Klops

Kowl= Man At Arms

ok,that last one's a stretch.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    It's like that with NA too...some characters' play features were replicated in other MOTU lines.

She-Ra = He-Man
    Bow = Teela (Token opposite sex character)
    Angella = Stratos
    Perfuma = Moss Man (plant elemental)
    Netossa = Clamp Champ (both black and capture people)
    Spinerella = Sy-Klone
    Sweet Bee = Buzz-Off
    Tallstar = Extendar
    Jewelstar = Rokkon/Stonedar

Kayo = Fisto
    Flipshot =Stratos
    Tuskador = Clamp Champ
    Spinwit = Sy-Klone
    Artilla = Roboto or Rio Blast
    Flogg = Beast Man (chief henchman with whip)
    Slushhead = Mer-Man
    Optikk = Tri-Klops (vision powers)
    Karatti = Jitsu (martial arts villian)
    Butthead = Rattlor

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Butthead = Rattlor
    Wouldn't Butthead be Ram-Man? BH's head/neck popped out...and Ram-Man's legs popped out. They both used their head for bashing.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Wouldn't Butthead be Ram-Man? BH's head/neck popped out...and Ram-Man's legs popped out. They both used their head for bashing.
    I thought about that, but I thought Butthead had a long neck for headbutting action that worked just like Rattlor's quick strike head. I guess a Ram-Man comparison would also work.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I thought about that, but I thought Butthead had a long neck for headbutting action that worked just like Rattlor's quick strike head. I guess a Ram-Man comparison would also work.
    Oh...I totally forgot about Rattlor's action feature. #MOTUConTheBrain

Heroic Warrior
    Madame Razz is the same colour as orko, same yellow eyes and consistently screws up her magic spells, like Orko. She also runs into trees. I wouldn't really give her Man-At-Arms status.
    I wasn't aware blue and purple were the same color? Orko clearly has blue hands and Razz is purple. Sorry, dude.

Also, I *love* discovering this kind of stuff(PoP/MOTU counterparts). PoP just never worked for me since it was *all* girls. I get it and understand why, but it just didn't click with me. Now that I'm an adult, I can see how many of the ladies are more defined and so are their powers. Frosta is like Iceman from Xmen, Glimmer is like the Invisible Woman with a touch of Dazzler. It's this kind of stuff that helps flesh these characters out and makes them more desirable in my eyes. And Razz is totally Orko! They both know He-Man/She-Ra's secret and their magic never works the way it should.
    Last edited by DVD; August 22, 2013 at 09:30am.

Oh my, how could I not see this before! For many He-Man comrades, there is a Filmation PoP equivalent!

Spinnerella = Sy-Klone

Tallstar = Mekaneck

Sweet Bee = Buzz Off

Razz = Orko

MIND = BLOWN!
    Id say

Tall star = extendar

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I'm definitely of the school of thought that Razz was more like Man-At-Arms. Yes, I realize that Orko and Razz looked somewhat similar and both had goofy magic, but those are pretty superficial similarities. As far as the narrative roles they played, Razz seemed much more akin to Man-At-Arms. Despite the fact that her magic was a bit...haphazard, Razz was often the one the Rebellion turned to when they were in a jam, much the same way Man-At-Arms was the one that was turned to when they needed some weird gadget. Both were very highly regarded in their circles. Even if Orko did occasionally save the day, I never got the impressions that he was generally regarded as an invaluable cornerstone of the kingdom. Also, I felt that Madame Razz and Man-At-Arms both played sort of surrogate parental roles for She-Ra and He-Man, respectively.

As for Kowl, I kinda saw him as a mixture of Cringer and Orko. He usually didn't want to get involved like Cringer, and had a humorous quality that was kind of a blend of Cringer and Orko. He also had the small, floaty, "Go warn the others" nature in common with Orko. Of course, there were times when Kowl seemed to drop bits of wisdom, which doesn't really seem like Orko or Cringer.

Personally, I don't see the Angella/Stratos link. Well, I guess I can see it, but it just seems like much more of a stretch to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    Personally, I don't see the Angella/Stratos link. Well, I guess I can see it, but it just seems like much more of a stretch to me.
    King or Queen with feathered wings. They don't have that much in common, but both serve the same purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post

Light Hope = Sorceress

I disagree... She is very respected amongst the Rebellion and is not viewed as a buffoon at all (even though she can be buffoonish in the cartoon). Orko is the court jester and is often not taken seriously while Madam Razz is a key member of the Rebellion who holds a certain status amongst the Twiggets as well as the rest of the heroes/public. They don't compare. I can go with her not being compared to Man-At-Arms but she is certainly not an Orko.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I'm definitely of the school of thought that Razz was more like Man-At-Arms. Yes, I realize that Orko and Razz looked somewhat similar and both had goofy magic, but those are pretty superficial similarities. As far as the narrative roles they played, Razz seemed much more akin to Man-At-Arms. Despite the fact that her magic was a bit...haphazard, Razz was often the one the Rebellion turned to when they were in a jam, much the same way Man-At-Arms was the one that was turned to when they needed some weird gadget. Both were very highly regarded in their circles. Even if Orko did occasionally save the day, I never got the impressions that he was generally regarded as an invaluable cornerstone of the kingdom. Also, I felt that Madame Razz and Man-At-Arms both played sort of surrogate parental roles for She-Ra and He-Man, respectively.
    Very well said - EXACTLY what I was thinking!

Madame Razz is the same colour as orko, same yellow eyes and consistently screws up her magic spells, like Orko. She also runs into trees. I wouldn't really give her Man-At-Arms status.
    Ok. This made me laugh out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I wasn't aware blue and purple were the same color? Orko clearly has blue hands and Razz is purple. Sorry, dude.
    I meant outfit, not skin colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio79 View Post
    Ok. This made me laugh out loud.

Spinnerella = Sy-Klone

Tallstar = Mekaneck

Sweet Bee = Buzz Off

Razz = Orko

MIND = BLOWN!
    Weren't the same 1/1 analogs also attempted with New Adventures? Oh wait, not so much. About the only two characters that carry over are NA He-man and Skeletor, and that's because they're the exact same guys. The mutants were completely left field and always seemed like more of an attempt to dig into that same pile of cash that TMNT was rolling in during that era. He-man's buddies? Yeah, I've got nothing.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!