Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.150!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.150!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 150 questions!

This round of questions were selected by Orko's Magic Hat.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!

1. Shokoti’s Slave: Why were we not given Early Access for the SDCC after-party sale like we were all told we would be? It is one of the perks of the subscription, after all.

Early Access is offered at Mattel's sole discretion. Items vary and certain convention products, chase figures, and other specialty items may not be included. We are working hard to expand the customer base so we can keep the brand going, and we thought it best to open up the sale to all customers this time around so they'd have a chance to see and experience all of this year's Comic Con offerings.

2. mjw41: Based on what was shown at SDCC, January 2016's Collector's Choice sub figure Lord Masque is painted with the wrong colors. Would the new Matty Team have his colors corrected to more accurately match his Filmation look before he goes into production?

We are fully aware of this and are working to make sure he is as accurate as possible.

3. Penny Dreadful: Will you ever release the three main Twiggets from the She-Ra cartoon, perhaps as a 3-pack? They were in almost every episode. If you make them, I'll totally buy you ice cream sandwiches at Power-Con next year. Thanks!

Maybe! That's a tough request but would make a great 3-pack.

4. No-Ah: 2017 will be the 30th anniversary of the 1987 He-Man movie. Have you looked into acquiring the rights and permissions which would be necessary in order to release a '87 movie mini-sub or similar offering in 2017? If not, please do so!

Yes we have and would love to do something for 2017 for the 30th Anniversary, it's just very complicated. We are trying!

5. Invicta: It has been announced that both Laser Light figures and the Snake Mountain playset will have electronics. In the past, Matty Collector has not shipped toys with electronics over seas. Has something changed or is about to change for shipping toys with electronics, or are these items only for American consumers?

At the present time we are still bound by European law regarding shipping products with electronics to Europe, but we are doing our best to figure out how to get these items to you.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 152!
    Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 150 questions!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Wow that last answer doesn't seem like those that subscribed from Europe are going to be happy
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

So.... fans in Europe aren't getting the subscription two-pack?
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man"

Nice they are going to give Lord masque his Filmation colors

Hope they keep after the 87 movie rights so we can get more figures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    They didn't say that at all. They said At the present time we are still bound by European law regarding shipping products with electronics to Europe, but we are doing our best to figure out how to get these items to you.

I'm sure there must be a way to do it, they just need to find out how.
    Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

I will never ever understand this. I don't believe for a second this has anything to do with European law. Why can every reseller ship electronic items overseas but Mattel can't? It doesn't make any sense to me at all. If Mattel doesn't send me the 2-pak I'll buy it from someone else, just like I did with King Grayskull back then.
    Awesome sticker included!

It would be a really strange situation, but I am glad the question got asked finally. It seems like new management had not fully thought this out? Same will apply to new Snake Mountain too, no doubt.

Maybe they will have a solution, but answer sounded a bit uncertain.

Are the Laser Light figures in the sub?

So don't get this "we can't ship electronic items overseas" either.
    I work with customs every day (at the German Post, international gateway, we get packages from the States all day long), and never ever has anyone there had any problems with electronic items at all. Sometimes the toys "go off" - i.e. start singing, barking, playing a tune or whatever - right in the packages while they are handled, and nobody cares. The same goes for cell phones, radios, TVs.
    Okay, to be fair, I can't speak for every country, but as far as Germany is concerened, nobody cares, at least not where I work.

Quote Originally Posted by thebortster View Post
    I work with customs every day (at the German Post, international gateway, we get packages from the States all day long), and never ever has anyone there had any problems with electronic items at all. Sometimes the toys "go off" - i.e. start singing, barking, playing a tune or whatever - right in the packages while they are handled, and nobody cares. The same goes for cell phones, radios, TVs.
    Okay, to be fair, I can't speak for every country, but as far as Germany is concerened, nobody cares, at least not where I work.
    My best guess is that they want toys they sell directly to EU to have EU approved safety texts. Probably CE marking?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Wow that last answer doesn't seem like those that subscribed from Europe are going to be happy
    For sure! Don't like that at all. It means that still at Mattel, haven't found a solution yet. By the way how much time left for Snake Mountain's releash? Is there any official date yet?

Considering the end of year item is in the sub, it would be pretty awkward if they weren't...

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    Are the Laser Light figures in the sub?
    yes. they are the $60.00 Holiday sub item
    Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

5. Invicta: It has been announced that both Laser Light figures and the Snake Mountain playset will have electronics. In the past, Matty Collector has not shipped toys with electronics over seas. Has something changed or is about to change for shipping toys with electronics, or are these items only for American consumers?

At the present time we are still bound by European law regarding shipping products with electronics to Europe, but we are doing our best to figure out how to get these items to you.
    The other week I posted a thread asking about the WFWTK 1.50 questions... I assumed the answer about the Laser variants would be worrying for fans outside North America, but was later told I was being silly as they had worked out the issue shipping electric items overseas. So feeling paranoid I deleted the thread

Guess I wasn't so paranoid afterall! Another item included in the sub and now might not ship to all subscribers?

At this point I don't care. I'd like both Perfuma and Dragstor, but I'm happy to get them from the secondary market if need be. Anyway I'd like to give a shout out to Invicta for asking this question. I think this guy just saved many European fans a lot of hassle

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thebortster View Post
    Mattel is selling THEIR product DIRECT to the consumer and as a children's toy manufacturer has certain responsibilities. Europe has different laws compared to the USA in regards to distribution and safety standards. The issue isn't about shipping electronic toys to Europe. It's about MATTEL shipping electric toys to Europe
    New want List:

Collector's Choice: Hunga the Harpy, Catra Cat Form, Twiggets, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.
    Filmation Club Grayskull: Webstor, Kobra Khan, Count Marzo, Ram Man, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna and Frosta.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    At this point I don't care. I'd like both Perfuma and Dragstor, but I'm happy to get them from the secondary market if need be. Anyway I'd like to give a shout out to Invicta for asking this question. I think this guy just saved many European fans a lot of hassle
    Thank you. However, I do not know if I saved anyone from anything...maybe only gave some warning.

I just hope Mattel did not wake up to this now, and they have a real plan for this. I especially hate if people are excluded from Snake Mountain due to this.

I hope we get Karg for the 30th anniversary. Eternia Lubic would be ok too but I'd prefer Karg.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    3. Penny Dreadful: Will you ever release the three main Twiggets from the She-Ra cartoon, perhaps as a 3-pack? They were in almost every episode. If you make them, I'll totally buy you ice cream sandwiches at Power-Con next year. Thanks!

Maybe! That's a tough request but would make a great 3-pack.

Does this mean that we really need to make some noise for the Twiggets?
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Accessories for MOTUC Castle Grayskull.

Oooohhhh!!!! Working on more movie figures!!?? PLEASE at least do Karg!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

1. Shokoti’s Slave: Why were we not given Early Access for the SDCC after-party sale like we were all told we would be? It is one of the perks of the subscription, after all.

Early Access is offered at Mattel's sole discretion. Items vary and certain convention products, chase figures, and other specialty items may not be included. We are working hard to expand the customer base so we can keep the brand going, and we thought it best to open up the sale to all customers this time around so they'd have a chance to see and experience all of this year's Comic Con offerings.

These are both TERRIBLE answers.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Heroic Warrior
    Is it just me, or has the enthusiasm gone out of the answers? Yes they answered all the question, but they just did not have that excited feel.

Anyhow, wonder if Australia will be affected by the electronics issue?

It would be amazing to get some Movie figures, movie Skeletor is my all time want!!

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Absolutely agree. And how much is the Talon Fighter and PD set? I asked this this question but it was not on there....weird. Just tell us already. And seriously. Our friends across the pond aren't going to get their LP HeMan and LL Skelly 2-pack as of now? Dang....Funny how EA gets dropped from the subscribers.

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 150 questions!

This round of questions were selected by Orko's Magic Hat.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!

I hope that means that there are no more Sub minimus. It is fine to expand your customer base but it is probably not a good idea to do it at the expense of your current customers. Early access is a perc that we were relying on.
    Last edited by Greenskull; September 18, 2015 at 11:38pm.

1. Yet they advertised the 200x sub to customers to include sdcc Early Access. Just another Matty screw up they like to cover up.

2. Glad to know they know about Masque's colors.

3. The Twiggits are going to need a lot of support!

4. Hope to see Karg in the line!

5. That's terrible for international fans. Their solution may be to have the Laser two pack without the light up feature (no batteries included or the wiring disabled) or even worse, just offering refunds. Those are awful solutions but I wouldn't put it passed Matty to do that. I hope they do find the best way possible as it's their responsibilty for having the two pack include a light up feature to begin with.
    Last edited by Count Judas; September 18, 2015 at 11:54pm.
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2018: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post

Yep.

The first one is downright dog poop. We all have the proof, in writing too that it was promised.

Just another example of this so-called "better than the previous MOTU Team"'s screwing over the fans. These guys are really putting it to us and this response shows how much they actually respect us. These guys are a joke. That answer just lost what little respect I had for them. Pathetic. REALLY PATHETIC.

If you screw up have the balls to admit it. Don't give us some BS response.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post

They didn't say that at all. They said At the present time we are still bound by European law regarding shipping products with electronics to Europe, but we are doing our best to figure out how to get these items to you.

I'm sure there must be a way to do it, they just need to find out how.

"Sometimes items like these are promised as part of the sub before actual feasibility can be confirmed. Unfortunately, that's what happened here."

Maybe european subscribers will get a king hiss torso instead of the laser light figures