Thread: Grizzlor's Head Gear...

Grizzlor's Head Gear...

I can't find if this has been discussed thoroughly, so if it has, please pardon...

Has there been any word from TG or Mattel about this? I for one would love to see this, perhaps as an alternate head. Any thoughts?
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    I for one would love to see this, perhaps as an alternate head. Any thoughts?
    Me too, but I wouldn't run amok, if he comes without a 200X-head.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    Me too, but I wouldn't run amok, if he comes without a 200X-head.
    This sums up my feelings. I'd like a 200X head, but won't cry about it if he doesn't.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    I can't find if this has been discussed thoroughly, so if it has, please pardon...

Has there been any word from TG or Mattel about this? I for one would love to see this, perhaps as an alternate head. Any thoughts?
    No official word from TG on this. It's apparent that we will have to wait until this is revealed @ SDCC. I too, would love to have the 200x staction head as an option.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    If he comes, then so be it. If he doesn't, then oh well.

But it will be nice if he does!

Just thinking, if he does come with 2 heads, does this mean he gets less weapons?
    Last edited by GrtEternal; July 18, 2010 at 01:23am.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    If he comes, then so be it. If he doesn't, then oh well.

But it will be nice if he does!

Just thinking, if he does come with 2 heads, does this mean he gets less weapons?
    Man-At-Arms & Trap Jaw didn't suffer that, so I don't see why Grizzlor would either.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Only time will tell. The vintage faction wants him as naked as possible whilst the 200X faction wants pretty much everything the staction came with (including me). Guess they will find an agreement we all can live with.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    An alternate head would be cool. If he does come with an alternate head, I might have to get a second Grizzlor.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    Man-At-Arms & Trap Jaw didn't suffer that, so I don't see why Grizzlor would either.
    Good point.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Heroic Warrior
    An alternate head would be cool. If he does come with an alternate head, I might have to get a second Grizzlor.
    My thoughts exactly ! I liked both versions of Grizzlor (the vintage one and the staction one).

Grizzlor deserves a second head, just like Whiplash !

Oh man, if he comes with two heads I won't know which one to display him with. I like them both!
    END OF LINE

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I hope he comes with 2 heads, but with all the weapons he's supposedly carrying I'm not sure if they have the tooling budget for that.

So, as has been discussed, his faceplate is glued on. How is this going to work? It doesn't seem like it could just sit over the old head. Any thoughts?

I'm thinking they just didn't show a furred up full head and maybe that's just the original faceplate from when he was going to come with two I'm hoping he comes with a full head as it's just easier for collectors and most people aren't going to be able to pry apart the original head. That faceplate is suck on there really well.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

I'm guessing that you'll have to somehow break the glue on the original head to use the face plate. How does this happen? I imagine it went like this:

1) Original Four Horsemen plan is to release Grizzlor with two detachable face plates, they sculpt both.
    2) Mattel design cuts the 200x face plate and glues the original face plate on
    3) The Four Horsemen either forget or don't realize Grizzlor's face plate came through design glued on, hand in originally sculpted Grizzlor face plate for the head pack
    4) Somehow no one catches this, the faceplate gets put in with the head pack

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I really hope Mattel responds to this question shortly. I really, REALLY want that 200x head.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

it could be just a mask that snaps over the origial Classics grizzlor face. Brandon would know Mattel had it glued on and i don't think they would give us something and make us pry off the old face
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

It will probably fit over the original Grizzlor's face, similar to Catra's mask.

I'm curious to see how this works out.. Fingers crossed there's an update from Mattel soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    I'm guessing that you'll have to somehow break the glue on the original head to use the face plate. How does this happen? I imagine it went like this:

1) Original Four Horsemen plan is to release Grizzlor with two detachable face plates, they sculpt both.
    2) Mattel design cuts the 200x face plate and glues the original face plate on
    3) The Four Horsemen either forget or don't realize Grizzlor's face plate came through design glued on, hand in originally sculpted Grizzlor face plate for the head pack
    4) Somehow no one catches this, the faceplate gets put in with the head pack

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    it could be just a mask that snaps over the origial Classics grizzlor face. Brandon would know Mattel had it glued on and i don't think they would give us something and make us pry off the old face
    This could turn into another "reversed-shoulder-gate" if not addressed.

All kidding aside... Scott always had a presence here... Does this Brandon? If so, what's his moniker? I think we'd get a more direct response if we'd post something as a new thread to him directly on the board itself. This is, after all, a five-year-old thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Brandon would know Mattel had it glued on and i don't think they would give us something and make us pry off the old face
    I like Brandon, he's a million times better than the last guy from design, but I'm not sure he WOULD be aware?
    From memory it was due to fan questioning at SDCC that he made 200X King Hsss compatible with original King Hiss' snake form...
    People have asked at the Matty Forums, so fingers crossed we'll get an answer soon.

My personal guess is that they are designing a full Grizzlor head, but at the time only had the face plate (and didn't realize that it was glued), and pulled it from the Toy Fair lineup becaude they were tooling a full head.

Which is what they said directly