Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would like to see Veena be made...?

Hybrid View

Who would like to see Veena be made...?

Who would like to see Veena be made to go along with King Grayskull? I mean, it would be one more character to use a female mold for, right? If they make Teela, Evil-Lyn, and the Sorceress, Veena can be a possibility. Might get a Marlena too, so why not? Anyone up for this?

I think Veena would be cool, but in all truth I hope to see some POP characters before she is made available. I like the idea of her being a con exclusive like King Grayskull.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I think Veena would be cool, but in all truth I hope to see some POP characters before she is made available. I like the idea of her being a con exclusive like King Grayskull.
    Or maybe a He-Man.org exclusive, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Hat View Post
    Sorry, nope! If she was made she would consist of more new parts than rehashed ones. Like Val has said, if there were to be a Org exclusive. It would be a simple repaint like Wonderbread/ Savage He-Man.

But, I would love to have a Veena figure made.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I would love to see a Veena made too, but not as a con exclusive, so that everyone could get her not only the people that go to the conventions, it is really frustrating to see that my only chance to get a King Grayskull is to pay at least 75$ plus shipping.
    So Veena yes! but please not a con exclusive.So that we all can complete our collections, seriously not to sound harsh (i think that is the word) but i hope they would drop convention´s exclusives.Just my opinion.
    Last edited by mistaloko; January 24, 2009 at 04:31am.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I really want a Veena figure - she would represent the "new look" 200X era-Sorceress-look well for this line as we're likely to get the classic Sorceress.

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Hat View Post
    Nope. That much coveted designation should be reserved for none other than Gorpo the Great!

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

I will change my avatar as soon as Imp is made in MOTUC

I do want Veena! Of course!

But as some other people here, I agree we must get some of the other girls first, at least:

Evil-Lyn
    She-Ra
    Sorceress
    Frosta (oh man I LOVE Frosta!!!)

i'd like to see her made.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar

Queen Veena

Since we have a King Grayskull figure, could we possibly get a Queen Veena figure as well?

I was thinking, the Sorceress is pretty much a shoe-in for a figure, so could Queen Veena be a repaint of the Sorceress, but could also be our way of getting a 200X version Sorceress?

That way, fans of the original and 200X Sorceress would be happy (including myself!)

What do you guys think?

I would! But I want She-Ra, Sorceress, Queen Marlana and Evil-Lyn first.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I would LOVE it! I'm really interested in all the Pre-ternia characters. As long as the figure is available here or on Matty, I'm ok with it. I don't go to conventions and don't want that character passing me by! (Like Grayskull)

I'd LOVE to see Veena made

I do. she is lower on my list of want characters, I would like to see her come out.

I would very much like for Veena to be made in to an action figure!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

QUEEN VEENA discussion

I always liked the classic look of Sorceress, so the 200X was a little dissapointed concept for me, but I always liked the egyptian look.

In order to rescue a cool concept, the 200X Sorceress can becomes the Queen Veena, original sorceress and wife of King Grayskull.

What do you think about?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I think I want all of the following as separate figures:

- Veena
    - Classic Falcon Sorceress
    - 200X styled Sorceress

Don't want compromises there.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post

- Veena
    - 200X styled Sorceress

I agree - and Veena & MYP-Sorceress have looks as distinct as Teela & Sorceress, so the occasional suggestion that they should be melded into one is mystifying to me. They don't even have the same wing style!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar

- Veena
    - 200X styled Sorceress

Same here. My shelf currently has The Goddess, Teela (cobra and non). 200X Sorceress and Veena are different enough that they deserve their own figures. After all, if Matty is willing to make 200X as a varient of the Classic version, and Veena is her own person, why not? X could standing for Kodac Ungol.

Last edited by Jon-O; October 22, 2010 at 03:32pm.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

- Veena
    - 200X styled Sorceress

Exactly, I don't get why everyone wants to change Veenas look, Veena is Veena!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I'm all for Veena! I'm not talking about some other random character named Veena either!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Grayskull neds his Queen....

Heroic Warrior
    As someone who is not a follower of the 2002 era, I don't have much interest in 2002 characters being drawn into the Classics.

However, I thought the way Emiliano and Val portrayed the Veena character in their comics of that era was superb.

I think the Pharaonic styling is a great idea, and if we accept the role of the Sorceress has been held by different women over the centuries, there is no reason not to include Veena in the Classics.

Therefore I offer my support to Veena and will be happy to make her my exception to the rule. I would like Emiliano and Val's design to be used though - not the simplified MYP style.

Even as an original era fan, I never liked the 'feathered' Sorceress, because the theme of her changing into Zoar was completely contrary to the original idea that Zoar was male and distinct from the Sorceress.

For me the truest representation of the Sorceress will always be the Teela version with her snake headdress.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    I just realised this wasn't posted in the Veena thread (it's from the 15 Dec 2010 Q&As)...

Quote Originally Posted by MotUCPortal.com View Post
    1. We have noticed that there is no mention of Sorceress in the MOTUC biographies. Not even one Sorceress throughout ages is mentioned. Even Veena is reffered in Grayskull's bio as "his devoted and loving widow". Now, just to clarify, is there a Sorceress, past or present, in the MOTUC universe?

Absolutely. There are a lot of characters that have not been mentioned yet, but the Sorceress is of course around doing everything that she normally does. Veena was not mentioned on Grayskull’s bio by name because the name “Veena” is not available at this time.
    When they say "not available", they obviously mean "someone else got the TM first" - the only apparently-relevant entry in the TM database appears to be a live trademark for "VEENA THE DANCE GURU", filed January 2009 and granted registration September 2010, registered to Brownstone Babies LLC in the category "toys, namely, dolls and doll accessories including doll travel kits". I presume that if there's a problem, that must be the source.

And, no, if they can't do "VEENA", they wouldn't be able to do "Queen Veena" or "Sorceress Veena". That only works with words that (1) are considered too generic to trademark, or (2) they do hold a trademark on, but they fear that if anyone challenged it there would be a ruling that the word was too generic to trademark and their TM would be cancelled. Hasbro wouldn't get away with "Autobot He-Man", or "Decepticon Skeletor" (hell, they got an application for "Airachnid" struck down as "too similar" to Mattel's "Arachnoid" trademark). "Queen Grayskull" or "First Sorceress" in the future, maybe, but some way down the road.

[On the real name, the simplest way, and the way most companies would do it, would be to just say "Real name: Veena" and not claim TM - for a word in a blurb on the back of the card (as opposed to the name they sell the figure under), they'd have no trouble [disclaimer: IANAL]. Mattel are fairly obsessive about claiming TM & ® about these things though, to the point of doing so mid-paragraph (which NO-ONE else does...).]

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I must confess, I'm a bit confused about the Veena TM nonsense. Veena is a real name. There's an actress named Veena Malik. I think Veena is also a last name, not 100% on that one.

Anyway, it would be like TMing "Laura" and then nobody can make a toy containing that name. Doesn't make sense.

EDIT: More Veena name info:

VEENA is the most popular 1019.th name in USA (... 1017.sunita , 1018.helena , 1019.veena , 1020.bridget , 1021.dong ...). One in every 7,165 Americans is named VEENA and popularity of name VEENA is 139.56 people per million.

If we compare the popularity statistics of VEENA to USA's population statistics, we can estimate that as of February.01.2011 19:11 there are 43,434 people named as VEENA in the United States and the number is increasing by 367 people every year.

Usage of veena as a first name is 97.96% and its usage as a middle name is 2.04%. The sum of alphabetical order of letters in VEENA is 47 and this makes VEENA arithmetic buddies with words like Elated. Add "Courtesy of PokeMyName.com' tag and feel free to distribute, copy, republish this interesting, accurate and also useless report about name VEENA.
    http://www.pokemyname.com/firstname_44_veena.htm

I highlighted the important parts. More people are named Veena than Helena. Veena should be fair use as it's a proper name.

Veena's origin is Sanskrit, it means "lute" (vina is Spanish and means vineyard) and is used in Hindi speaking countries. So, this name COULD be a very common name in other places in the world.

http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect..._of_Veena.html
    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 1, 2011 at 07:18pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah