Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would like to see Veena be made...?

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Hat View Post
    Or maybe a He-Man.org exclusive, maybe?
    Nope. That much coveted designation should be reserved for none other than Gorpo the Great!

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

I do want Veena! Of course!

But as some other people here, I agree we must get some of the other girls first, at least:

Evil-Lyn
    She-Ra
    Sorceress
    Frosta (oh man I LOVE Frosta!!!)

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I am all for any figure that fleshes out the Preternia Mythos
    Me too Preternia seems like an awesome and fantastic era.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I'll pass thanks. There's enough sorceresses in the present continuity without having a preternian one as well.

80's sorceress
    NA sorceress
    Green Goddess
    200x sorceress

IT's bad enough we have he-man existing twice thanks to king grayskull.

What's next? preternian Man-at-arms and orko??
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

i'd like to see her made.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I would buy two of VEENA, for sure!

I looked up her current votes on my thread for the "Females In MOTUC" and she has a very respectable middle-of-the-road following against the 30 most popular females in all the series!

Did she appear in the 200X series? Her bio has a picture that looks like it's from that series...
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post
    I'll pass thanks. There's enough sorceresses in the present continuity without having a preternian one as well.

80's sorceress
    NA sorceress
    Green Goddess
    200x sorceress

I don't see why this is a problem, since it's already been established that the role of the Sorceress is passed down through the ages. And the 80s/200x/NA versions are just different outfits for the same person.

Duncan is also the latest MAA to serve the royal family, continuing a legacy that has lasted over 200 years.

Plus there IS a Preternian Orko - the Oracle.

sign me up i love me some Veena

Heroic Warrior

Okay, you're going to need to explain your logic here, cause it doesn't fit. Grayskull and He-Man are two entirely different people, from entirerly different eras.

How the heck is He-man "existing twice" because of Grayskull?
    My buy/sell/trade/wanted/feedback info can be found here:
    http://www.transfotaku.com/wiki/inde...ell/Trade_Info

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I agree with everyone's who's said something in favor of a Veena figure.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Tifaslover View Post
    Okay, you're going to need to explain your logic here, cause it doesn't fit. Grayskull and He-Man are two entirely different people, from entirerly different eras.

How the heck is He-man "existing twice" because of Grayskull?

they're effectively the exact same character from different art directions. King Grayskull IS the 4H initial design for 2002 He-Man. King Grayskull's toy even has all the same weapons as He-man. It's like elseworlds he-man basically.

This entire storyline for preternia is basically rehashing characters we already have once already. If they're going to have ancestors literally hundreds of years prior, there should be significant differences in their appearance.

Veena could get away with it IF MOTUC ignores the 2002 Sorceress all together. That way she WOULD be radically different from the sorceress of He-Man's time.

The oracle in the cartoon was yet another case of mattel blatantly ripping off their own product.

He-Ro makes so much more sense as he-man's ancestor. He's a unique character.
    Eldor makes a lot of sense as being the big sorcerer of that time. (who said it HAS to be a woman every time unless it's the same being reincarnated through magical cloning like teela?)

Can you not see that this is just varients of characters we have in disguise??
    If this was the 2002 line, veena would be Battle Armour Sorceress and you'd all complain it's another varient. All That's been done here is she's been given a new character's name and you've sucked it all up.

Matty should've released M@A with 1 head and then just released the other head on a renamed card "malcom-at-arms - the FIRST man-at-arms". They could've sold the same figure TWICE!

Next people really will ask for the oracle and pay $30 for the orko figure to get some eyebrows added.
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:

me 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto View Post
    What the above poster said. I would certainly buy Veena, but I would buy any and all characters in this line.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Yeah me too....id love to see every character made....sadly id even buy jungle attack he-man lol....no joke what bout snake armor he-man??,......

they're effectively the exact same character from different art directions. King Grayskull IS the 4H initial design for 2002 He-Man. King Grayskull's toy even has all the same weapons as He-man. It's like elseworlds he-man basically.

This entire storyline for preternia is basically rehashing characters we already have once already. If they're going to have ancestors literally hundreds of years prior, there should be significant differences in their appearance.

Veena could get away with it IF MOTUC ignores the 2002 Sorceress all together. That way she WOULD be radically different from the sorceress of He-Man's time.

The oracle in the cartoon was yet another case of mattel blatantly ripping off their own product.

Eldor makes a lot of sense as being the big sorcerer of that time. (who said it HAS to be a woman every time unless it's the same being reincarnated through magical cloning like teela?)

Can you not see that this is just varients of characters we have in disguise??
    If this was the 2002 line, veena would be Battle Armour Sorceress and you'd all complain it's another varient. All That's been done here is she's been given a new character's name and you've sucked it all up.

Matty should've released M@A with 1 head and then just released the other head on a renamed card "malcom-at-arms - the FIRST man-at-arms". They could've sold the same figure TWICE!

Next people really will ask for the oracle and pay $30 for the orko figure to get some eyebrows added.
    Id buy a orko with eyebrows, a orko with a beard, and a orko with blond hair....and Id but them twice lol
    Last edited by enoch; August 10, 2009 at 12:23pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Add this old sorcerer to the Veena bandwagon!!

The mythology just gets richer with more characters!!

Absolutely, bring on Veena.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar

80's sorceress
    NA sorceress
    Green Goddess
    200x sorceress

One MOTUC Sorceress is more than fine and enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvik View Post
    Add this old sorcerer to the Veena bandwagon!!

The mythology just gets richer with more characters!!
    Right the more characters the better, absolutely agree, but could we get Shokoti, Evilseed and Count Marzo first haha?
    Green Goddess, Veena and the 80's Sorceress are all basically the same character right? And I'm sure we will get MOTUC Sorceress and I can't wait but I'd like to see the other ones first before a Veena figure.
    Last edited by -= SupernovA =-; August 10, 2009 at 12:34pm.

I wouldn't mind getting Veena, but as far as I'm concerned she can be waaay down the line, preferably after a King Grayskull re-release (Veena doesn't really do much for me if I don't have a KG).

Basically, she'd be cool, but I won't be that surprised or upset if she never shows.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar

Greyskull and Veena work fine in the context of the 2002 cartoon - there, He-Man doesn't look like Adam, so what's he based on? And the Sorceress' role is dynastic - Veena's the first Sorceress, and the ritual uniform of the Sorceress' to follow is clearly based on hers (we're shown that the Sorceress' wings and costume are all artifical, rather than part of her). And their relationship is very different from that of Adam and "our" Sorceress.

Where they start to push things, however, is with the Oracle, and Battle Lion was just taking the smeg. In limited doses with a clear throughline and clear differences is one thing, but once you start tossing in clear homages to the present day right, left and centre... no. They should have stuck to Greyskull and Veena, and everyone and everything else should have had no present-day counterpart.

I would definitely disagree that He-Ro is a particularly "logical" precursor to He-Man, since they have essentially nothing in common.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I'd love a Veena figure!

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    I want Veena, Eldor, and Battle Lion.
    Also the Oracle had a name, he was unofficialy called Gorpo and may have been Orko's/Uncle Montork's ancestor.

Also a lot of these people look-alike be cause of something call pre-destined reincarnation. Veena and KG were in love but he died before they could get together. Luckily he already had kids and she eventually found a lover. The thing is He-man/Adam and Teela are these two reicarnated so they can finally fall in love and have a family (Like Darius/Future He-ro son of He-man).
    Last edited by griffen112182; August 30, 2009 at 04:25am.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all for expanding the 200x characters in Classics. Having said that, she's a fairly minor character and we have many others, even just from 200x, who are far more important and who deserve a figure before Veena.

So yes, I'd like Veena, but she's too low profile to be thinking about just yet.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

I like Veena. She'd be cool to add to the collection. As a bonus figure, sure.
    But theres alot more characters I'd like to see first
    Once you kill the cow, you gotta make a burger
    Positive Trade with : Thehorde,

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Greyskull and Veena work fine in the context of the 2002 cartoon - there, He-Man doesn't look like Adam, so what's he based on? And the Sorceress' role is dynastic - Veena's the first Sorceress, and the ritual uniform of the Sorceress' to follow is clearly based on hers (we're shown that the Sorceress' wings and costume are all artifical, rather than part of her). And their relationship is very different from that of Adam and "our" Sorceress.

Where they start to push things, however, is with the Oracle, and Battle Lion was just taking the smeg. In limited doses with a clear throughline and clear differences is one thing, but once you start tossing in clear homages to the present day right, left and centre... no. They should have stuck to Greyskull and Veena, and everyone and everything else should have had no present-day counterpart.

I would definitely disagree that He-Ro is a particularly "logical" precursor to He-Man, since they have essentially nothing in common.

Very well put.
    However, that doesn't change the fact that King Grayskull was only used in the first place because mattel thought the 4H concept for he-man was cool and they just wanted to use it somehow.. At the end of the day he's a character that cheapens the mythos and takes a lot away from he-man.

also food for thought: did King grayskull's name change to He-grayskull once he had the sword of He?

TBH, veena makes more sense to me than any of the rest of these rip off characters. it makes sense she would've existed. It's just that in all honesty, how many sorceress toys do you honestly WANT? I listed that we already have an abundance just from present day. Is it really money well spent buying so many of what's effectively the same character from a different era when you could be spending that money on the likes of Spikor and peekablue?
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:

I do. she is lower on my list of want characters, I would like to see her come out.

I would buy a Veena.

I would very much like for Veena to be made in to an action figure!