Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Who would like to see Veena be made...?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I've long been on record as disliking the whole King Grayskull idea (it makes Adam a KG wannabe in a way we likley wouldn't have seen with He-Ro), but I have no problem with the figures being made, and would buy Veena without hesitation. Heck, I got both versions of KG without a moment's regret, so the more, the merrier.
    About KG making Adam a wannabe, I think it's the other way around. King Grayskull makes Adam look better since Adam is not only surviving against Hordak, but he's also fighting Skeletor, King Hssss and Flogg as well.

King Grayskull didn't make it past Hordak. Adam is hardly a KG wannabe if there's no way that he's good as Adam against the same foes and more.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Absolutely.. If Adam is still standing after all this he is truely the Master of the Universe and he has surpassed the source of his power. :-)
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    would love veena with the preternia collection

i so totally want a Veena.

Yes, give me Veena w/ Battle Lion. 2-Pack for the distant future.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    No burning desire for her in action figure form...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    another bird accessory would be cool in those colors.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Given the removable bikini top on BG Teela gives us a bare midriff buck to work from, I can easily see Veena being made. Her leg armor could be placed on a new bare calf (at least a couple of POP re-uses for that) with new bare feet. An add on piece might work with Teela's lower arms. Some new parts needed, but several re-usable ones, so I think there's a very good chance of seeing her in the not too distant future.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Definately want one!!! And a Battle Lion too!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Given the removable bikini top on BG Teela gives us a bare midriff buck to work from, I can easily see Veena being made... Some new parts needed, but several re-usable ones,...
    Thing about trying to reuse the BGT midriff is... How do the wings (which would need to be unique) attach? They go into her lower back, not shoulder blades like Angella or MYP-Sorceress, and the bare midriff leaves no room for a "backpack" piece to cheat it - surely they'd need to tool a torso piece with plugs for the wings.

I think there's a very good chance of seeing her in the not too distant future.
    Somehow - especially with the name farce - I can't see them doing her before Sorceress. It COULD happen, since she'd be a monthly figure rather than a variant, but I can't really see them doing the derivative before the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Thing about trying to reuse the BGT midriff is... How do the wings (which would need to be unique) attach? They go into her lower back, not shoulder blades like Angella or MYP-Sorceress, and the bare midriff leaves no room for a "backpack" piece to cheat it - surely they'd need to tool a torso piece with plugs for the wings.

Somehow - especially with the name farce - I can't see them doing her before Sorceress. It COULD happen, since she'd be a monthly figure rather than a variant, but I can't really see them doing the derivative before the original.
    They could always attach the wings to her crotch... (New Crotch piece with a piece for the wings to attach to.)

On her name, She could be Queen Grayskull: The First Sorceress. (Real Name Veena)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    I seriously would love her. She could lead the way for the rest of his crew and give us some great back story in the bios. As a figure she is very similar to some other figures we wan but that never stopped us asking for Faker or Mossman...
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Yes. Please

Can't believe I haven't posted. YES I want her. I'd like her to have her proper name "Veena" though, so however long that takes...aye that sucks.

Heroic Warrior
    I'll be ready for Veena right AFTER Sorceress is released.

Val E Girl
    I would love a Veena to join the Preternia display with King Grayskull.

Well with the announcement of the Sorceress I would love to see Veena on the horizon. This past year I got most of the women I was waiting for Catra, Queen Marlena, Sorceress, Shadow Weaver, and the Star Sisters. Now I want Veena, Scorpia, Octavia, Madame Razz, Frosta, Glimmer, Castaspella, Angella, and Mermista. Would love it if 2012 would give us as many as 2011 did.

One of the many things I love about this line is how Preternia is being fleshed out. It's a whole new world filled with endless possibilities, and yes of course it would be remiss not to have Veena as part of it.

I may as well throw in my support for a 200x Sorceress here as well.

Yes please. Veena rather sooner than later. I´d buy doubles!
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Add me to the list of people that are surprised they haven't added their support here yet. I actually want a Veena more than I want many other figures in the line (with fan-demands that are much, much louder for characters that've already had 2 or 3 versions made over the years).

Given the removable bikini top on BG Teela gives us a bare midriff buck to work from, I can easily see Veena being made. Her leg armor could be placed on a new bare calf (at least a couple of POP re-uses for that) with new bare feet. An add on piece might work with Teela's lower arms. Some new parts needed, but several re-usable ones, so I think there's a very good chance of seeing her in the not too distant future.
    Sadly, after seeing Battleground Teela, I don't think I'll like any of the figures that use that upper torso. It doesn't seem to take into account the amount of material used to cover the chest, making the top seem beyond-comically large (and horribly unattractive) to me. While it may be just due to the design of the bikini top on Teela, I doubt that's the case.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Well, they can't really use the BGT torso for Veena anyway - she needs sockets in her lower back, similar to those in Swiftwind's shoulders, to plug the wings into!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Well, they can't really use the BGT torso for Veena anyway - she needs sockets in her lower back, similar to those in Swiftwind's shoulders, to plug the wings into!
    True, unless they built it into a possible new bikini bottom with a section that raises up to her lower back.

It also, though, goes to show a problem any figure using that torso could have.

I'd be very happy to be proven wrong on my assumption here, though.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Heroic Warrior
    Absolutely. I would love Veena in figure form.

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry, no interest..