Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *UPDATED WITH INFO* NYCC Faker: what day does he go on sale?

*UPDATED WITH INFO* NYCC Faker: what day does he go on sale?

I was informed by a number of folks that some NYCC exclusives didn't go on sale until Saturday during last year's con. Does anyone know if Faker will be on sale when the con opens on Friday the 6th?

-------
    UPDATED:

The New York Comic Con is right around the corner (February 6th thru the 8th).
    And for those of you who are looking to purchase Faker at the show, Mattel has let us know the plan is to make him available for purchase when the show begins on Friday.
    Faker will be 20.00 and be limited to 4 per person.
    Of course, plans are always subject to change.
    Mattel also hopes to have some of the few remaining He-Man and Beast Man figures for sale at NYCC along with Faker. But they are not making any guarantees they will have He-Man and Beast Man at the show.
    Read my book: True Confessions of a Fanboy www.truefanboy.com

The con is from the 6th to the 8th so I`d suspect he will be on sale on the 6th, 7th and 8th

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    I've been trying to get an answer to that question for a week now. Still haven't gotten one so I'm just gonna go to the Con on Fri and Sat

It'll probably be the same day as Mattel's Q&A panel, the 7th.

That's how they did it last year with King Grayskull.

Thanks to the He-man.org front page, there's been an update:

The New York Comic Con is right around the corner (February 6th thru the 8th).
    And for those of you who are looking to purchase Faker at the show, Mattel has let us know the plan is to make him available for purchase when the show begins on Friday.
    Of course, plans are always subject to change.
    Read my book: True Confessions of a Fanboy www.truefanboy.com

Man, I wish I was attending, I'd love to be able to pick up a Faker in time for my young sons birthday, instead he will miss out by a couple weeks and about another month due to shipping!

Still, its something to look forward to either way I hope everybody who goes gets theirs and has a wicked time!

Will Faker be available any other way aside from the Comic Con?

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
    Will Faker be available any other way aside from the Comic Con?
    March 15th on Mattycollector.com

I just want to know what the limit per buyer is, if there is one.

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    I would like to know that too cause I need 4 of 'em

Updated with info on Faker limit,
    and Beast Man and He-Man availability.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

what about skeletor? did they say if he might be available too?

do we know how much they will cost at comic con?
    and is anyone getting any to help fellow orgers?
    Eternian Beastmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    what about skeletor? did they say if he might be available too?
    I seriously doubt he'll be there.
    He's currently for sale at Matty Collector.
    It's so close to the show, I doubt they'd stop the online sales to bring any there.

Quote Originally Posted by Leoghan View Post
    asking now.
    I'm guessing 30.00 like King Grayskull, or very similar.

You can ask in the Marketplace.
    But I don't see the need considering he'll be on sale in March at Matty Collector.
    He's just being made available early at NYCC for con-goers.

Quote Originally Posted by Leoghan View Post
    weren't we told it would be $20 same as the website?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Yep, it's 20.00
    Just got confirmation.

ah, good to know, and i was thinking in hopes to get a he-man
    Eternian Beastmaster

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    It really ticks me off that they are witholding the He-Man and Beast Man figures...Seriously, how many people that want one can make a trip to NYC for 2 figures.

Scalpers will be picking most of them up and there will be a whole new glut of them on eBay for $50-$100...

I just hope I can get my hands on an extra HM when I (supposedly) go to SDCC this summer. (Unless a fellow .Orger can help an old pal out? PLEASE?) Oh, and whatever Exclusive Mattel cooks up for that show as well... It sounds like Mattel definately wants HM and Beastie at SDCC though, and I aim to be there Preview Night and Opening Morning.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Just to clear the air, we aren't withholding any figures. We knew from day 1 that we wanted a few hundred He-Man and Skeletors (and by default Beastman since he was a bit over produced to gage interest in secondary characters) to take to the cons to promote this line. We do this so the line will get a broader audience,sell better and we can get more tooling dollars to make cooler figures. (see, it is all a circle of life!)

All of the MOTUC figures will have schedueled release dates (the 15th of the month or if the 15th is a weekend, it will be the following Monday) and we will let fans know when a figure is getting close to selling out via Facebook or posts online. If there is a better way to let fans know the time period to buy figures, we're all ears!

He-Man sold out at the time he did not in any relation to him being available when Skeletor went on sale but rather based on the number we had left. Same goes for Skeletor. Skeletor sold really really. And when we only have a few hundred left we are going to bring some of him to SDCC.

We won't be doing this with future figures however. And based on sales of three figures so far, we are guessing a figure will be available between 2-3 weeks. Hopefully plenty of time for collectors who really want them to buy them.

After that they will sell out when they are bought out. We haven't yet and won't ever "strategically" pull figures. Every figure thus far and going forward will sell out based on only one factor, how fast fan's buy them.

With that said, Skeletor is getting very close (and faster then we expected) to selling out. So if you want him, now is the time.

We can't wait to meet lots of MOTU fans at the conventions and hope fans worldwide will continue to support the line as we grow and expand based on fan support!

TG

Toyguru: Could you put your Facebook updates on the MattyCollector news page too? Or maybe send out emails to those of us who subscribed to the newsletter?

Some of us don't want to sign up to Facebook just for these updates.

And a lot of people missed out on He-Man because they were unaware how close he was to being sold out.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; January 27, 2009 at 03:09am.

Heroic Warrior
    Glad to hear something concrete to hopefully clear some of the air in regards to He-Man and Beast Man selling out. Nice that a secondary character sells well; and I think taking some to the cons is a good idea. I don't think the line would survive based solely on what we fans can buy indefinitely, as some people have said they only have interest in buying some figures but not all. The broader the audience they can reach (say people who have interest in He-Man but don't frequent sites like these), the better for the line to go on and as Guru said, more money for sculpts. And more money coming in means it might be more with their while to bring back previous figures...
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Just to clear the air, we aren't withholding any figures. We knew from day 1 that we wanted a few hundred He-Man and Skeletors (and by default Beastman since he was a bit over produced to gage interest in secondary characters) to take to the cons to promote this line. We do this so the line will get a broader audience,sell better and we can get more tooling dollars to make cooler figures. (see, it is all a circle of life!)
    I can't believe I didn't see this before, well...Thanx Scott for being a stand-up kind of guy.

All of the MOTUC figures will have schedueled release dates (the 15th of the month or if the 15th is a weekend, it will be the following Monday) and we will let fans know when a figure is getting close to selling out via Facebook or posts online. If there is a better way to let fans know the time period to buy figures, we're all ears!
    I understand the facebook thing because it's becoming the next big hype. Some of us are old school though & could care less about joining in on the hype. I suggest the newsletter & Mattycollector.com main page as other means, or a pre-order type of system, & also try bribing Val to do an org mainpage update. (Not that it'll take much but the poor guy doesn't even have the 1st big 3 in his personal collection)

He-Man sold out at the time he did not in any relation to him being available when Skeletor went on sale but rather based on the number we had left. Same goes for Skeletor. Skeletor sold really really. And when we only have a few hundred left we are going to bring some of him to SDCC.
    I'm okay with the decision being made, it's just some folks were under the impression that they'd be able to order He-man & Skelly together...besides pulling some con exclusives off to the side for matty's site is about the equivelant to me.

We won't be doing this with future figures however. And based on sales of three figures so far, we are guessing a figure will be available between 2-3 weeks. Hopefully plenty of time for collectors who really want them to buy them.
    That's sounds like good news for Mer-man fans & the like. I only wish Skelly would've actually lasted the estimated 2 weeks for other orgers who missed out. Good assumpton though on availability

After that they will sell out when they are bought out. We haven't yet and won't ever "strategically" pull figures. Every figure thus far and going forward will sell out based on only one factor, how fast fan's buy them.
    Again, read my stand-up type of guy comment.

With that said, Skeletor is getting very close (and faster then we expected) to selling out. So if you want him, now is the time.
    I personally had to wait but got lucky snagging my order on the last day...but what about the shoppping cart glitch...is matty aware of it?

We can't wait to meet lots of MOTU fans at the conventions and hope fans worldwide will continue to support the line as we grow and expand based on fan support!

TG
    I too hope that everything expands & grows. I just hope you guys are a little prepared to get mobbed over at the cons
    Last edited by Andy Adams; January 29, 2009 at 02:45pm.
    Bad times don't last forever but bad guys do ~ Razor Ramone

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    I'll be there, ill be there i think on the 6 and 7th!
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

so we know faker will have a limit of 4. has it been stated anywhere if there is a limit for he-man and skeletor?