Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Just wondering - have you thought about selling your 2002 collection?

Quote Originally Posted by CYBERHORDAK View Post
    Yeah actually, i hated my 200x line so bad, I gave my collection away to starving orphans. No questions asked! LMAO
    that would explain them peddling those figures on the street and here I thought they were stolen

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    So, you'll all support it when you think it's the best you can hope for, but you turn your backs on it when you think you have something 'better'.

if it weren't for 200X you'd never even have 'Classics'.

I'm not trying to be negative, but this is a very upsetting thread.
    So not my intention to start a negative thread, sorry if the discussion upsets you so much. I appreciate your passion and constructive input personally.

I've decided to keep my collection and only replace characters with MOTUC as I see fit. For me it's not about a specific "line" but rather it's about the characters. My ONLY goal is to have a collection of characters I love, done in the closest way I see them in my mind. So if it's from the original line / 200x / Staction / or MOTUC that's where they will be from.

I just thought it was interesting to find myself even with the consideration of getting rid of my 200x collection because it has been so near and dear to me. This has only highlighted for me that it's not about a specific "line" but rather about the amazing characters that make up MOTU as a whole.
    Last edited by PaTrIcKfOgArTy; February 1, 2009 at 10:26pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So, you'll all support it when you think it's the best you can hope for, but you turn your backs on it when you think you have something 'better'.

I see the opposite here. Most of the posters seem to be keeping their 200X figures, despite MOTUC's "It" factor. MOTUC might be the current line, but people aren't blind to the 4H's old works and sculpts.

MOTUC aren't the 200X versions of the characters, they are the 80's figures. A better question to ask is "Are you getting rid of the original figures since you have better ones coming?"

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

No way in hell would I ever sell a single MOTU or PoP action figure I own, from whatever incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I see the opposite here. Most of the posters seem to be keeping their 200X figures, despite MOTUC's "It" factor. MOTUC might be the current line, but people aren't blind to the 4H's old works and sculpts.

MOTUC aren't the 200X versions of the characters, they are the 80's figures. A better question to ask is "Are you getting rid of the original figures since you have better ones coming?"
    I agree, it does seem like posters are keeping then selling.
    I sold my 200x collection already but I have been mulling over selling my vintage motu.They were not the ones I had as a child so the figures are nostalgic but not sentimental to me.

I am excited about having a line that incorporates all eras in a uniform way.I dont think that there is a toyline out there doing this right now,so I think its pretty bodacious.

If you're going to toss your old stuff every time something new comes out, than why bother collecting anything in the first place?

My answer to that question would be "No!"

I'm still going to keep collecting the vintage toys even if they all get remade.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    If you're going to toss your old stuff every time something new comes out, than why bother collecting anything in the first place?
    Dont know if its directed to me or just the topic in general.If its for me as a collector its just a hobby when I tire of it I let it go. I'll use the money to buy other toys and start the circle over.I usally dont from sentimental attachments to things as the fondness is in the memories not the stuff.

I had alot of fun collecting 200x motu but I completed it, enjoyed it ,however my interest changed and I moved onto something else.But whats wrong with letting something go when somthing new comes out ? I like having a small controllable neat collection .I would never store figures in bins upon bins that would just sit there.Usually when I pull something off the shelf its a good bet that they wont be with me much longer,so they'll go on to another collector who will enjoy them like I did.

If your post wasnt for me then just pass on by.

That is fine, as long as everyone is supporting the New stuff so it can last as long as possible
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

These people still supported the line when it mattered.

heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    You could say that about anything.

Like I said in another thread, things ALWAYS get better. In this case, a He-Man released by Mattel next year will most likely be better than the He-Man released this year. Paint, sculpting, etc. always get better and then THAT becomes the new standard until it gets bested again in the next few years.

Companies are ALWAYS trying to improve upon their product. People think MOTUC's are the **** now? Imagine the figures 10 years from now?

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by Vorgon View Post
    I like having a small controllable neat collection .I would never store figures in bins upon bins that would just sit there.Usually when I pull something off the shelf its a good bet that they wont be with me much longer,so they'll go on to another collector who will enjoy them like I did.
    Hmm. I guess I see your point a little. You don't like to hoard stuff, that's cool, but if you know you're not going to keep it, why not save the money. I guess you just enjoy the hunt eh?
    You could say that about anything.
    Sure, computers improve, so you get the new one, or the newest I-pod makes your old one look shabby so you upgrade, the X-box 360 kills X-box, so on , and so on. The difference is that your old toys aren't obsolete just because new ones came out. To me all of the different versions of a character are threads in a large tapestry, a new toy increases the value of the whole, it doesn't replace the old.

I am definatly never going to sell my 200x collection. If anything I am actually buying doubles now to repaint for my display. I am even concidering to stop collecting the MotuC line.
    Last edited by Neo; February 6, 2009 at 05:11am.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Not getting rid of my 200x's. The Classics are okay, but can't compare to the designs or sculpts of the 200x line.
    Matt Moylan
    Director of Publishing, UDON Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I can't sell my 200X figures. It's a whole different style and unique vision for each character crafted by the Four Horsemen. They're excellent figures... Once you repaint them to match the paint quality of the stactions.

so did i just hear you volunteer to paint all my toys for me? DEAL!!!!!!!

haha i MAY replace my 200x display with MOTUC figs as they are released but i am not sure i want to part with them yet. i remember all the anguish i had getting them. i still never got snake armor he-man.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

That's why I have a huuuuge collection of 8-tracks, movies on Beta, and my early 90's cell phone complete with backpack!!!

Just kiddin'!
    Odd Man Out

That might have been funny If I hadn't already addressed that argument in my last post .

No I still like the 200X ! I just remember being so glad He-man was back! I have really enjoyed MOTUC, but I dont seem to want to part with any of my MOTU or POP stuff!
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

That might have been funny If I hadn't already addressed that argument in my last post .
    Oops... my bad. Sometimes, I skim cuz I'm in a hurry.

Seriously though, you made some very good points. But I think it all depends on the person. If you want to upgrade your toys because newer, better ones come out, then that's OK. But if you wanna keep 'em all, that's OK, too.
    Odd Man Out

Im still trying to track down some of the 200x figures that were really rare. Actually they may have been European....not sure. So NO....Im not selling my 200x figures.

i sold all of mine except a MOC he-man, skeletor, and trap jaw i also kept keldor and faker. i sold them all when i figured out that a new he-man line would eventually come out and everyone would forget about the 200x line. i had all of the core characters and stactions of new characters. i didn't have any repaints thank god or very stupid gimmick re-releases. they sold well enough, every figure went for the price i paid or more.

it was a tough decision but i have so many toys that space had become an issue. i knew i'd love the classic line enough to buy them all especially that it is a very controlled and pleasant line to collect, and i have a full set of vintage, so a 3rd line of masters in the house wouldn't fit. the reason i gave myself to sell it was that it would never be complete. the line died out and the classics line was no guarentees to live far into making every character. plus i always thought at 1 figure a month, they would make a classic scare glow instead of a 200x scare glow.

some characters we very tough to part with because they looked so damn good like hordak, leech, and webstor. i love mosquitor too. but they all had to go with the hope that they'd make another 200x hordak that was super posable.
    LOOKING for these MOTU Full Cardbacks:
    -Skeletor w/"original" promo on front
    -Man E Faces w/ "extra weapons" promo on front
    -Trap Jaw w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    -Tri Klops w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    & Mantisaur Empty Box (USA) Version

NO WAY!!

The 200X figures are my pride and joy of my action figure collection. The classics line is cool, but not near as cool as the 200X line. I could see myself getting tired of the same parts re-used over and over again (especially that loincloth), whereas the 200X figures where much more interesting with each figure having his own unique sculpt and size. I would give up the whole classics line for just one more wave of stactions, just as long as that wave was Spikor, Modulok, and Extendar. On second thought, let's make that two waves of stactions. I also really want Scareglow, Horde Trooper, and a proper Moss Man.

Nah I still have them on wall and I love the more realistic approach on alot of figures. Plus the toy market has bottomed out, why would I sell figures at cost or even worse.