Thread: 200X He-man and Ninjor (repaints mostly)

200X He-man and Ninjor (repaints mostly)

Hi all!

I graduated in December and decided that now it is finally time to start a new hobby, so I went and bought some acrylic paints and started practicing on my 200X MOTU figures. So, here are the first two figures that I have been working on - He-man and Ninjor. I never liked the 200X He-Man figure and now I finally have one that I like. And Ninjor seemed like such an easy custom to do, so I decided to try my luck with him. Ninjor is still a bit unfinished. I need to work on the face and fix some painting problems. And he needs a proper weapon. I am giving him the MA-He-man's weapon once I get it painted.

And I want to add that I can not take any innovative credit on neither of these. These a both based on the numerous marvelous customs I have seen on these forums. I just used the ideas I liked most and tried them myself. So a big thanks to all of the wonderful and inspiring customizers on these forums!

And I would very much appreciate feedback if someone feels like typing any.

heidi
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    thats a very intresting take on both figures,they look great.i really like the he-man.i dont think ive seen a heman custom done that way.kudos.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    welcome to your new addiction..er uhm hobby.
    Be very careful, you'll know it started taking over your life when you move on to skulpy or epoxy skulpting, then you take that giant leap of getting a good exacto knife or dremmel, & end up with frankenstein action pieces everywhere.

Repaints are great to start out on, especially if you manage to find clearance sales.

I think your paint ops look great actually. Nice use of the skelly hood but now that you have a bald skelly you're going to be enticed to make a keldor or scare glow with the remnants.

the only other constructions I could offer is to try drybrush techniques & blackwash effects sometime to your own liking just to develope & experience new techniques, or if you can....airbrush is always fun to screw around with too. (when affordable!)

Also, maybe try your hand at detailing the ninjor symbol on his chest but don't worry, if you don't like your results you can always paint over it
    Bad times don't last forever but bad guys do ~ Razor Ramone

That He-Man rocks! I love that look, very Barbaric looking, if Ice-Armor He-man wasn't so hard to come by I would do the exact same repaint...Kudos buddy you did a great job!
    Ram Man's long lost brother!

Cool!
    Alles Orko oder was? - ...'cause Trollans are the best! - She-Raver by conviction...

Thank you all for the encouraging feedback. I will continue working on Ninjor today. I also bought some molding-clay-thingie (no sculpey sold here as far as I know) and I will see what I can turn my Battle-fist He-man into.

And yes, my Samurai-Skeletor is now hoodles. I will try something more ambitious with him as soon as I learn the basics well enough. He is going to become Sy-Clones ancestor, the guardian of Anwat Gar.

heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Nice work. I love the Ninjor best.

In an Island off the coast of The Evergreen Forrest
    ninjor looks great!! and the he-man looks barbarically cool!

that he-man look awesome.
    so does ninjor
    Eternian Beastmaster