Thread: The MOTU in MOTUC

The MOTU in MOTUC

I realize that Masters of the Universe encompasses alot. The original MOTU, the spin off She-Ra, the New Adventures, and the 2002 revival. But hold on a second. There are alot of figures in this library but not all of them deserve to be called a "Classic". She-Ra, I'll give you that one since she was the main character but Frosta, Castaspella, BOW? I mean really, BOW? Masters of the Universe classics, should be Masters of the Universe, first. Once Mattel has a classic version of EVERY OTHER Figure, then maybe they can entertain the thought of someone from outside that line like Quakke, or Butthead, or some of these characters who were a part of a partially concieved stary arc that didnt exist into the second year of the franchise. Let's first concentrate on Extendar, Ninjor, Jitsu, Clawful, Whiplash, Fisto, Webstor, Evil Lyn, All of the Horde, all of the Snake Men, Spikor, Stonedar and Rokkon, Randor, Clamp Champ, Stinkor, most of these figures will most likely take well into the next year to get or longer! And we want Photog? Green Goddess? What? No no no. Let's get our priorities straight. Battle Armor He-Man, before WB He-Man, the Sorceress, before the goddess, and EVERYONE ELSE before Photog.

Heroic Warrior
    All a matter of opinion.

Personally I beleive Bow to be more classicly important part of the mythology than extendar or Rokkon

Different strokes for different folks.

This method of releasing the figures would have me waiting years to see anything POP beyond She-Ra. Can't agree to that at all.

Amen. I hope these weird characters (Green Goddess, Photog)are all exclusives.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

as much as I love ALL of the original MOTU characters, I personally believe that the majority of the POP characters would be considered more classic than the last few releases in MOTU. I mean, there was a feature-length movie released in which they co-starred WITH He-Man. "Secret of the Sword," anywone? That gives them instant fan-recognition that characters like Extendar, or Blast-Attack simply wouldn't have.

I love them all, and even though I am anxiously hesitant about how successful the POP characters will be, I definitely feel that they deserve to be mixed in with the MOTU cast, and not cast aside until the men have all been released.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Aww, this thread won't be popular if you're into other eras...

The Classics in MOTUC doesn't mean simply old school, like some fans want to believe. It only means that it's an all encompassing line under one big umbrella, just like Transformers Universe Classics (which has Beast Wars and Armada characters) and G.I. Joe 25th (which has the television colored versions, new characters and the Resolute series).

As far as MOTUC, the vintage era is getting an entire year to itself. By the time the year is over, you'll have pretty much most of the major characters.

Besides, if there are no more vintage characters, those fans wouldn't need to keep looking at upcoming product anymore. By intermingling the series, some fans who are close-minded to some of the other He-Man eras will see those figures and might like what's being offered. It's good exposure for those other eras.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Here we go again!

Basically, this line encompasses all parts of MOTU, and different people have different opinions. Bow was a major character in the Filmation cartoon, being the first member of the rebellion Adam meets, and She-Ra's right hand man, so yes, I think he's more of a classic than say, Clamp Champ, who only ever appeared in one mini comic!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Here we go again!

Basically, this line encompasses all parts of MOTU, and different people have different opinions. Bow was a major character in the Filmation cartoon, being the first member of the rebellion Adam meets, and She-Ra's right hand man, so yes, I think he's more of a classic than say, Clamp Champ, who only ever appeared in one mini comic!
    Dont like Bow, but Toymaker is right.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Yeah this is definitely a matter of opinion. I personally disagree, I'd much rather see NA, POP, or previously unmade characters. We've seen some of these characters so many times it's getting absurd. Take Evil Lyn for example: she had a vintage release, a commemorative re-release, a 200x toy, a classic colors mini statue, and a modern colors mini statue (oh and of course the bust in both color schemes as well). Do we really need to see another Lyn before we see a Goddess (who has never been made before)? I'm not saying those figures shouldn't be made. I just don't anticipate them as much as characters who haven't seen a modern release.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Here we go again!
    You stole the words right out of my mouth. Seriously, like many have said, it's all a matter of opinion and everyone wanting their favorite characters done first.
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Yeah, I think a good mix of characters is the way to go, and I think by throwing Hordak in there in June, that's what Mattel is definitely doing.

Like many, I feel that many of the PoP characters are far more "classic" than some of the latter characters from the 80's MotU line, like Clamp-Champ or Snout Spout. Even though I like some of those characters, they aren't high on most fan's lists.

I mean, I really, really want a Scareglow, but I don't think he's anywhere near as "classic" as many of the PoP line.

And this line is supposed to be taking cues from all the MotU incarnations. So far, I think it's doing well. I would much rather have an Evil-Lyn than a Green Goddess. It's weird to me that anyone would put the GG over Lyn.

It doesn't matter that we've had Lyn in other lines. I consider each line an entity within itself, separate from the others. 200X is my favorite, and just because we got a character in 200X, doesn't mean I'm not anxious for the same character in MotUC. TrapJaw, always one of my all time favs after Skeletor, is probably my next most anticipate character now.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

i do agree with whoever said they don;t' want new characters before getting all the originals though. i have no desire to see the goddess if it means someone fomr the actual line doesn't get made. Don't get me wrong...I want to see the goddess, he-ro, Eldor, etc. but I hope it's ebcause the line went on forever adn we eventually get to see them down the line.

Here we go again!
    QFT!

Seriously. Just how many more "MOTUC should be the original characters and nothing more"
    threads will it take before people FINALLY get a clue.

Classics doesn't stand for the originals only.
    Mattel personally stated, when the line was announced,
    that it would be an ALL ENCOMPASSING LINE.
    That means ALL eras not just the original 80's line.

They further stated, that we're getting at least
    2 POP and NA Characters next year.

I apologise for ranting, but there is only so much of the same old topic, just reworded differently, that I can take.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

I sincerley Appologize, I didnt realize there was a thread like this already. I'll try to keep better track of the 1,033 threads and over 46,000 posts next time. As for the rest I simply feel that, when looking back at The entire POP line, It seems obvious that the company that brought you Barbie, was simply trying to extend the MOTU success to include little girls. The figures were more alike than moss-man and beastman. The story was completely forced. (I Mean for heaven sake, any time they want another spin off, the Sorceress should just reveal another power sword, this time with a wooden handle or something and say it was meant for Adam's Cousin) This is all really obvious by the fact that they used the Horde as the primary adversary. I mean Catra looked like a brunette barbie in a loud pink prom dress. The only thing menacing about Double Trouble is that you'll go blind looking directly at that lime green monstrosity. I realize that many of you are fans of POP and other things as well, but I've seen MOTU fizzle out quite rapidly the last two incarnations and I would rather they keep pumping out the Masters of the Universe, BEFORE they do a spin off.
    Sorry If I angered anyone.