Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Power Pals

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    i like him. is his large form super strong?
    well as you can see from the Power Grids his strength goes from 2 (average human strength) to 6 which means he can lift up to 100 tons so ya he does become super strong
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    well as you can see from the Power Grids his strength goes from 2 (average human strength) to 6 which means he can lift up to 100 tons so ya he does become super strong
    read the bio, skipped the grid! sorry!!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Aw, man! It would be so cool if he actually grew weaker as he grew larger! It would be counter-intuitive to his psyche. Whenever he's spooked or danger is around he automatically grows larger but almost immediately falls over being unable to support his own gigantic weight and knock himself out most of the times! That would be so awesome! His other Power Pals could play practical jokes on him and try to scare so much so that he grows and knocks himself out. Treatig him like someone with narcolepsy.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; December 9, 2011 at 06:18pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

that would have been funny but not practical because their powers are supposed to be ones they can use to fight evil they just happen to possibly not be the best people to have them

How far does his intelligence go down as he grows though? Does he get to Grimlock levels or even lower? And if it dips that low, does he know enough to shrink or even HOW to shrink if he gets too big?
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Ya it shrinks to childlike (Grimlock) levels but he can still shrink as it is basically instinctive which kicks in when the danger is passed or the bad guys have been defeated

just a little bit of fun with one of my characters

Last edited by wolfsfang; January 25, 2012 at 04:17pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

glad you like it. I hope this one also meets with your approval

I considered giving it a proper background like Bug Boy's but this look just felt better

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Where's the conflict? Where's the viewer appeal? Where's the scantily clad buxom women? Or at the very least monkey nudity?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Where's the conflict? Where's the viewer appeal? Where's the scantily clad buxom women? Or at the very least monkey nudity?
    In the opposite direction, that is what RatBoy is looking at

Oh and here is the latest cover

Last edited by wolfsfang; January 29, 2012 at 02:40pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b209/darkwriter/Power%20Pals/powerprincesscover.jpg
    There ya go, wolfy. The Power Princess cover is not quite there yet. Maybe some torn clothing or wet and wearing a bath towel but it's definitely a step in the right direction! That's a guaranteed sell of 1 million copies!

Hmm not sure if that would be appropriate considering PP is only about 14 years old

anyway

Now it is time for a new hero

CADET COURAGEOUS / Willy Watson

Willy Watson had just joined the US Army when he was approached by a drunken hobo who insisted that he was a magical fairy from Jupiter who could give him super powers if he drank a special can of cola the hobo was offering him and then after that all Willy would have to say is WHOOPSY to become the super power Cadet Courageous. Naturally Willy didn't buy it for one second but later when he was alone he decided to give it a go just for a laugh. He was shocked to find that upon drinking the cola and saying the magical word he transformed from a 22 year old man into a 13 year old boy with a vast amount of super powers. When he made himself known to the world he was asked by Captain Awesome (father of Awesome Lad) to join The POWER COPRS a group of heroes that had joined forces to fight the forces of evil and for years they protected the world until the Power Corps disbanded and several of the heores, including Captain Awesome, retired and went to live normal lives.

Cadet Courageous however kept working as a hero and years later when Captain Awesome's son Awesome Lad and another new young hero named RatBoy created a new group called the Power Pals (named in honor of the Power Corps) he agreed that he would help them out whenever they had need of him

Powers & Abilities

* Super Strength
    * Super Speed
    * Flight
    * Super Durability
    * Electric Bolts fired from eyes

Weaknesses

* Susceptible to magic

-----------------------------------------------

CAPTAIN AWESOME / Gor-Al

Captain Awesome is an alien from the planet Boron and is also the father of one of the Power Pals founding members Awesome Lad. Like all Borons, whenever he leaves his own planets atmosphere he becomes a being of super awesome power which he decided to use to help protect the planet called Earth from evil doers and alien invaders, why Earth? because he had vacationed there a few times and he liked the burgers. So using his shapeshifting ability (that all adult Borons possess) he made himself appear human and then he donned a costume and announced to Earth that he was called "Captain Awesome" and that he would be their protector. Soon more heroes, inspired by Captain Awesome, began to emerge and Captain Awesome decided to put together a crime fighting team of superheroes which he named "The Power Corps".

He frequently made trips back to his home planet where he met and married a young Boron woman and eventually they had a son which they named Kel-Al. But while he was away fighting evil he didn't realize that all the worrying that he was causing is wife had made her into an overbearing and highly protective mother who was turning their son into a total coward. Eventually Captain Awesome decided that it was time for him to retire and spend more time with his family but when he saw what a coward his son had become (thanks to his mother) he decided the best way to make his son braver was to send him to earth where Kel-Al would continue his fathers heroic works. Naturally Kel-Al's mother was not happy with this but Gor-Al talked her into letting Kel-Al go when he pointed out that Kel-Al would be safer on earth fighting supervillains and stopping natural disasters then he would be at home sitting on the couch due to the fact that on Earth, unlike on Boron, he would be virtually indestructible.

Human Form

True Form

Powers & Abilities

* Super Strength
    * Super Speed
    * Flight
    * Super Durability
    * Healing Factor
    * Super Hearing
    * Super Sight
    * Heat Vision
    * Frost Breath
    * Able to breathe in outer space
    * Shapeshifting
    * Genius Intelligence

Weaknesses

* Boronite - Radioactive rocks found on his home planet of Boron that have somehow found their way to earth much to the puzzlement of the Boron Race

Stanley Ditko aka BUG BOY with his wings retracted

Last edited by wolfsfang; March 22, 2012 at 10:35pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Power Pal's very own Bug Boy has teamed up with Marvel's web swinging Amazing Spider-Man

Nice. Now they need some sort of Secret Wars style "event"! Where does the power grid come from btw? Does marvel put out something like that? It reminds me of the grid on the old school Transformers.

Yes they do need an event...or a new character

Those Power Grids ARE from Marvel

http://marvel.com/universe/OHOTMU:Power_Grids

I just adopted and adapted for my own use

been a while so

time for a whole new villain

Richard Van Gloom

A child genius and toy inventing rival of Luke Payne (RatBoy) Richard Van Gloom had always been an arrogant narcissistic brat. So when both he and Luke were at a toy convention and Gloom's super-powered Jack in the Box malfunctioned and hit him hard in the face breaking his nose. His nose was soon fixed by doctors but left somewhat misshapen, but Gloom believes that it had left him horribly disfigured. Of course he also believed the blame for this lay solely with Luke who had no doubt sabotaged his toy, plus he knew that everyone there had been laughing at his "accident" (both being very far from the truth).

So Gloom decided to dedicate his life to destroying Luke's and using his very high intelligence to conquer the world. This of course has led to him coming to blows with Luke's heroic alter-ego RatBoy as well as the rest of the Power Pals and their friends.

Powers & Abilities

* Advanced intelligence
    * Inventive Genius (Gloom Co. Toys second in the world only after Payne Inc's)
    * Highly durable armor
    * Super Strength (thanks to self designed armor)
    * Electric blasts (thanks to self designed armor)
    * Trained in both Judo and Fencing

Weaknesses

* After his accident most of his inventions (which work perfectly at first) have an unfortunate habit of malfunctioning or even, in extreme cases, exploding at just the wrong moment.
    * Refuses to admit he is ever wrong

Last edited by wolfsfang; January 7, 2013 at 12:02pm.

Heroic Warrior
    keep it coming wolfsfang.

Nebulus (left) - Ruby Skater (right)

NEBULUS

At the dawn of time when the universe was first formed one of the first things to pop in to existence was an interstellar cloud called a Nebula. But this was no ordinary nebula for in it the very first life form was developing, the being that would come to be known as “Nebulus”. Born with immeasurable power due to complete mastery over the “Power Eternal” Nebulus is one of the most powerful beings (if not THE most powerful being) in the known universe and is able to perform many amazing feats (except for some reason alter his size). He was also born with an incredible hunger that can only be satisfied by eating entire planets.

The problem is that he is only the same height as an average human teenager which means he has to eat a planet one bite at a time which means it takes him a while, this has resulted in such nicknames as “The Planet Biter” and “The Great Annoyance” as it takes him so long to finish eating a planet that entire civilizations have come and gone over the countless millenniums it takes for him to finish so he is more annoying then he is an actual immediate threat.

Nebulus' long age has resulted in him becoming lonely so he used a very small portion of the “Power Eternal” to create himself a friend

the

RUBY SKATER

The Ruby Skater was created by Nebulus using the Power Eternal and is able to use the same power himself tho to a far lesser degree. Skater is able to skate across the gulfs of space at tremendous speeds easily crossing galaxies in a matter of earth minutes. However he is also tied to Nebulus so he is unable to travel too far away from him.

While he does like his friend (and creator) Nebulus he finds him to be incredibly boring once he starts to feed as Nebulus concentrates solely on that single task and ignores all outside distractions, including Skater. This means Skater has a lot of free time for hobbies and stuff. The only problem is that he has pretty much tried everything he can think of over the last 2 billion years since he has been created so no he just lazes around eating junk food and watching whatever passes for entertainment on Nebulus' current meal

------------------------------------------------------------------

Nebulus' Powers

Powers & Abilities

due to mastery over the Power Eternal he has

* Immeasurable intelligence
    * Incalculable Strength
    * Incalculable Speed (when not feeding)
    * Totally indestructible
    * Can generate or transform any form of energy that he requires. This can be used to destroy things (including entire planets) or even create such as with the Ruby Skater

Weaknesses

* eats a planet at the same speed it would take an average human to eat a planet

Ruby Skater's Powers

Powers & Abilities

due to mastery over the Power Eternal he has

* Super Strength (up to 100 tons)
    * Incalculable Speed (able to cross galaxies in mere moments)
    * Virtually indestructible (tho he is fully aware that if Nebulus chose to he could destroy him)
    * Can generate or transform multiple forms of energy . This can be used to destroy things (including entire planets) or reconstruct / resurrect (but not create life as Nebulus can)

Weaknesses

* Can't travel too far from Nebulus
    * Waiting from Nebulus to finish his meals has made him very lazy

Last edited by wolfsfang; January 7, 2013 at 12:53am.

The OverLander / Leo Prince

The son of an eco activist named Simon Prince and a half immortal daughter of Gaia, Leo had been raised by his father to respect nature and fight against the greedy human corporations that would seek to do it harm. At first he seemed to be a normal boy (despite his parentage) but when his father mysteriously vanished during a heated protest Leo's anger triggered latent powers he didn't know he had. He declared himself "The Over Lander - Ruler of Terra Firma and lord of everything upon it"

He found he was able to draw strength from the very earth itself and make himself faster and stronger so as to be better able to fight back against the humans (which he no longer considered himself part of). He also soon discovered that when powered up he became allergic to water which could leave him feeling drained if enough was splashed on him and could even possibly prove fatal if submerged for too long.

However this did not stop him from creating his new home behind a waterfall that was the site where his parents first met, he just has to be careful how he exits his home if he is powered up.

Powers & Abilities

* Super Strength (able to lift up to 60 tons)
    * Super Speed (Speed of Sound)
    * Regeneration

Based on him drawing energy from the earth

Weaknesses

* allergic to water

When he is currently drawing energy from the earth

Last edited by wolfsfang; January 7, 2013 at 08:11am.

Good Work wolf.....I really like Von Gloom....

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Good Work wolf.....I really like Von Gloom....
    thanks. It was about time the Power Pals had a Dr. Doom style villains.

I have also added his powers & weaknesses as well as his very own Power Grid

the guys (and gal) in all one place

http://fav.me/d5r0bl3

SPOOKY BOY / Ronny Fletch

Ronny Fletch is the son of a new-age hippy and a child psychologist so he was brought up to believe that any problems could be solved by talking about them and hugging, of course this made him an easy target for bullies (his lack of muscles, the fact he wore glasses and was generally thought of as a nerd didn't help either). It was just before his 15th birthday that his parents told Ronny the truth about his destiny.

It turned out that 15 generations earlier, in order to save a life, his ancestor had made a pact with a spirit of compassion. The spirit would be allowed to inhabit the body of the 15th descendant, following the blood line of each generations first born child. This way it could work / walk on the mortal realm and spread it's message of peace and love.

Ronny was THE 15th descendant.

so 15 days after his 15th birthday on the 15th of June at 15:00 was when the transformation happened and he turned into a living skeleton with a flaming skull. He took the name Spooky Boy and was happy to discover he could turn human again and wasn't stuck as a skeleton. His first act was to track down the worst bully at his school. Upon finding him he looked him straight in the eyes and subjected him to his most powerful power... the Empa-Glare, his ability to make people feel very sorry for what they have done. They then had a good long talk about what made the boy a bully and how he should consider other peoples feelings and...blah blah blah

So with his new found power he sought out the Power Pals and after some initial hesitation on their part was allowed to join as a reserve member.

Powers & Abilities

* Super Strength (up to 20 tons)
    * Enhanced durability / Healing factor
    * Can fire balls of..well fire
    * Empa-Glare

Weaknesses

* Afraid of fire - which is funny considering.
    * Mirrors - for the above reason, because whenever he notices his head is on fire he goes in blind panic and looks for the nearest source of water to stick his head in.

Last edited by wolfsfang; January 11, 2013 at 11:04pm.