View Poll Results: What should the He-Man Adam Relationship be?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Turns into He-Man

35 83.33%
  • He-Man and Adam are independent Characters

2 4.76%
  • He-Man starts off independent then passes his power to Adam (Like Green Lantern)

0 0%
  • Other (Explain)

5 11.90%

Thread: What should the He-Man/ Adam relationship be?

What should the He-Man/ Adam relationship be?

The Adam transformation to He-man was a filmation creation and some think that, if there was a new movie, it should be changed, modified, or even discluded all together. In 2002 MYP took it further by making adam a teenager and in the 1987 picture Adam was left out. The Teenaged Superhero with the secret identity has been done so many times in the past and in recent films and shows, some think it has become a cliche. So what do you think, Is the MOTU lexicon better off with or with out Adam turning into He-man.
    Last edited by Captjhan; February 2, 2009 at 01:46am.

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    For me, Adam IS He-Man.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 80's Enthusiast View Post
    For me, Adam IS He-Man.

I totally agree. Even the original toy line states this.

Actually in the original toy line He-man was "The greatest warrior in his tribe". He left his tribe to go fight the dark forces threatening Eternia. He got his strength from his suit. The Adam to He-Man transformation was invented by Filmation.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    From my point of view there should be Adam, but not in a Smallville way. I mean, at the beginning we see how he gets his powers, then Skeletor appears and he has to become He-Man, but for God's sake: only once per film (lets hope they make more) The chesy thing comes when you see Adam transforming into He-Man more than once, just like in the Filmation series.
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Adam must be He-man.
    ¡Ya tengo el PODER!

Heroic Warrior
    I prefer the way it was in the original mini-comics: He-Man was a barbarian who got his vest and weaponds from the goddess. Forgive me, but the Adam thing is just a bit much. But to each his/her own.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Maybe it should be a one-way transformation. Like in the beginning Adam is an ordinary person, but once he finds the sword and does the "By the Power" thing, he never turns back again. He-Man *is* Adam. Not really a secret identity, but we could still have an awesome transformation scene.

Kinda like in Iron Man, where at the end of the movie Tony actually admits to being Iron Man, unlike in the comics.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Today's sermon topic: What is Hell? Come hear our choir!"

I either want Adam turning into He-Man once, or just have He-Man. Separating them into two different characters would be lame.

I don't like the secret identity business and never have. The completely different storylines of the minicomics and cartoons could be merged easily though. ie, He-man starts off as in the original minicomics, and as he defends eternia he is then befriended by Randor. He either finds out he's actually his biological father ("lost" as an infant somehow, switching with Adora in the respect), or he is adopted as Randor's heir and bestowed the name "Adam".

On a side note, are the casual viewers going to be turned off or even take the movie seriously with a transformation sequence? It could be done well but I can also see it going very badly.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    Maybe it should be a one-way transformation. Like in the beginning Adam is an ordinary person, but once he finds the sword and does the "By the Power" thing, he never turns back again. He-Man *is* Adam. Not really a secret identity, but we could still have an awesome transformation scene.

Kinda like in Iron Man, where at the end of the movie Tony actually admits to being Iron Man, unlike in the comics.
    Nice
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

There was talk somewhere (might have been the new script review?) of Adam being trained up by Zodak into what we know as He-Man, no doubt with enhanced power due to the power sword.

I think this is a good way of incorporating both Adam and He-man into the movie without the back and forth dual identity.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    No Adam. Even the original movie got rid of Adam.

Or maybe the King and Queen lost baby Adam during an ambush in the jungles years ago. Adam is found be a tribe of barbarians, name him "He-Man" and they raise him until manhood. Then he emerges from the jungle as He-Man, complete with Battle Cat.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Even if Adam (and his transformation into He-man) has been part of MOTU since the apparition of filmation cartoons, I always preferred he-man as he was in the early micomics.
    Adam couldn't be excluded from the movie IMO, just I hope in a cooler than just a secret-identity relationship between Adam and He-man.

Edit:

"Or maybe the King and Queen lost baby Adam during an ambush in the jungles years ago. Adam is found be a tribe of barbarians, name him "He-Man" and they raise him until manhood. Then he emerges from the jungle as He-Man, complete with Battle Cat. "

MegaGerMax, this sounds a great idea, just to be shaped a little bit

Heroic Warrior
    I need to see a live action Adam holding up the power sword and transforming into He-Man. I only watched the cartoons as a kid and to me the transformation sequence was very special. When I watched the 1987 Masters of the Universe movie you can only imagine my disappointment when I didn't see the magical scene. Even if the Adam transforming into He-Man was only a Filmation thing, Adam is He-Man. The things that I want most in the movie are to see Eternia as the magical place described and a transformation scene. Of course, there needs to be a good story. I was thinking about an orgin story for He-Man. Maybe a live action version of the first three episodes of the 2002 series. There must be room left to explain in another film if it were to happen.