February 3, 2009, 05:13am
WTFWTK 2.13 - Ask your questions here!
Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
- Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
- Posts with repeat questions & multiple questions will be deleted, and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
- This is for questions only; not discussion.
- We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.
Please avoid questions about:
- Figure specific requests (eg: When will we see She-Ra?).
Figure specific requests will undoubtedly be met with a "anything is possible" answer.
The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
Filmation characters are off limits!
Who will be produced will remain to be seen.
We will pick up to 10 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
It's nothing personal.
Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):
The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):
1. It was previously said that Mattel would start making use of the newsleter on Matty Collector. But so far, most of the recent news updates have been posted on Matty's facebook account. Wouldn't it be better to not only post the news on Facebook, but to also send the news via the newsletter on Matty Collector as well as send the news out to all fan/toy sites, or at least to He-Man.org, to maximize Mattel's informative reach?
2. Who specifically is responsible for creating/writing the bios shown on the back of the MOTUC packaging and what all goes into creating a bio (details please; inquiring minds want to know!)?
3. Demo-Man has been a controversial character, mostly because of his name and because he wasn't part of the existing MOTU lore known by the public. Has Mattel given thought to modifying his info any further to increase favorable opinion of the character, or at least change his name so it reads more like "demon" which the name is supposed to imply?
4. Is there any update on re-releasing King Grayskull?
5. The original toys, mini-comics and MYP cartoon have all been confirmed as character sources for MOTUC, while the classic cartoons have been ruled off-limits.
But there is a variety of other character/story sources (eg: Golden & Ladybird books, Marvel/STAR comics, etc).
Are these also unavailable for use, and if so what are the actual legal reasons this material can't be used as it was originally created for Mattel Licensing?
6. Will the packaging for 2002, NA and/or POP characters be different than the current MOTUC figures?
7. What is the status on the "coffee table book", and if it's moving forward will it include previously unknown archival info like we saw with Demo-Man?
8. Now that Mattel has MOTUC figures in production, which happen to include a number of the weapons that helped make up the original '80s accessory pack, is there any update on the possibility of releasing a MOTUC weapons pack?
9. It appears that the paint app consistency has varied on the three figures released to-date.
For example, both He-Man and Skeletor seem to have two different paint apps on their faces. A glossy finish version and a more matte finish version. Why is this?
10. It doesn't seem fair to fans outside the USA to have to pay twice for international shipping (to receive and then to return) for something that was Mattel's fault. Will Mattel provide a free-international-return-shipping for figures that are faulty or sent with/in error?
So ask those questions!