Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.11!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    My question about their comment on the "softer loincloth" thing is...

Why did they not use Grayskull's cape material for ALL loincloths regardless of length to give the figures CONSISTENCY as well as poseability?

...furthermore...they said they would do it for loincloths or skirts as long as Grayskulls? What?! Grayskull's loincloth is as long as Grayskull's loincloth and it's solid plastic.

So now Grayskull, He-Man, etc., etc. will have solid loincloths, others won't and only SOME figures will fit in a jetsled, for example.
    Going with a skirt for an example...regardless of the material (unless it's cloth) how will She-Ra be able to ride Swiftwind in a realistic (sitting) way?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Why did they not use Grayskull's cape material for ALL loincloths regardless of length to give the figures CONSISTENCY as well as poseability?
    They always have to do things the hard way.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Hero of Fabulous Secrets
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    15. If later figures in MOTUC feature the same legs (eg: like Clawful and Skeletor in the original MOTU line), will there be any way to make the legs interchangeable like in BAF (Build-a-figure) figures?
    The legs were not designed to be removable in this line but it is possible down the road we would rerelease key figures with different parts. (such as the Clawful example you mentioned or Stratos with Beastman legs and a reverse color of his jet pack and wing armor). There are lots of possibilities that are all collector cannon due to the many color and part variations in the original line.
    Skeletor and Clawful didn't share legs. Clawful and Buzz Off shared legs. JEEEESH!

Changing the link to https takes maybe half a minute from qualified person, but for Mattel half an year?

I know they are probably new to this ebusiness thing, but come on... hire people who know their stuff and do the upgrades that are needed for the site. Webservices are a never ending projects anyhow, and there is always development and maintenance needs.

Heroic Warrior
    Cool Q&A.

The loincloth answer is very annoying. Irrespective of the length of the loincloth, the hard-plastic is still preventing the full range of movement that would otherwise be achieved using a softer/more flexible plastic which would also enable the fans to utilise the full range of movement permitted by the ball-jointed hips.

If softer plastic can be used for "longer" loincloths and "skirts" then what is preventing it from being used on the "shorter" loincloths. Shortening the loincloths does not "fix" the problem, it just lessens it to a (unsatisfactory) degree.

Cheers.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    If softer plastic can be used for "longer" loincloths and "skirts" then what is preventing it from being used on the "shorter" loincloths. Shortening the loincloths does not "fix" the problem, it just lessens it to a (unsatisfactory) degree.

Cheers.
    EXACTLY! That's exactly what I'm saying. Come on Mattel! You already have the material and capability to do this! FIX IT!!! 200X figures had soft, short lioncloths...where's the MOTUC love?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I really like the answer to number three. I like the fact that the collectability of the the original releases will be protected.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    At least the skirts on POP will be soft plastic.
    Hmm I'm worried about that cause the stuff King Grayskull's cape is made of is not what I would particularly call 'soft plastic'.

The QUESTION that needs to be asked in one of those Q&A is WHY aren't they using the same soft plastic they use in DCUC for Supergirl's skirt or Azrael golden chest harness. That's the only plastic that would work for skirts, capes, and hair too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

The Dark Knight BigDaddy Grayskull's Avatar
    in regards to the answer for question #3, i myself missed out on skeletor and so im glad to hear some type of re-release will be offered. if its just different packaging then thats fine, but if its a slightly modified figure then it wont be a big deal to me either as my main concern is just getting one lol. what im wodnering is, and maybe this has been addressed already, when can we expect these re-releases to be available??
    -BDG
    By The Power of.... BigDaddy!!

"If you will not hear the Truth, no one can tell you."

Batman:YTB Batman...Yesterday, Today and Beyond! Home of the Internet's Biggest and Best website and forum regarding Batman!

.Org Wrestling Discussion WWE,TNA and whatever else youd like to talk about. The absolute greatest discussion forum for wrestling fans.. ever!

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Hmm I'm worried about that cause the stuff King Grayskull's cape is made of is not what I would particularly call 'soft plastic'.

The QUESTION that needs to be asked in one of those Q&A is WHY aren't they using the same soft plastic they use in DCUC for Supergirl's skirt or Azrael golden chest harness. That's the only plastic that would work for skirts, capes, and hair too...
    This may sound funny, but I think the 4H should just come up with a design for removable soft plastic skirts. (that looks good both ways)
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    This may sound funny, but I think the 4H should just come up with a design for removable soft plastic skirts. (that looks good both ways)
    I agree 100%.

I think it is certainly possible to give these girls the same type of toy accurate Swimsuit outfit for vehicles and horses, while giving them some kind of removable armor ala He-man an Zodak.

Nobody has a problem with removable costumes for the MOTU, I dont' think we should have a problem with the same for POP. As long as they don't "fashion doll" them up too much.

To be honest, those original snaps on the POP were so cheap that the skirts didn't last too long anyway. i never think of Frosta or... whoever else my sister had with skirts anyway

#14.
    3.75" scale MOTU....

YES! THANK YOU JEBUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just the fact that they said there was a possibility, gives me hope....

Now, I just have to wait....

Waiting....
    Waiting....
    Waiting...

Any pics yet?
    It's not Vincent Price. It's not Will Smith.
    CHARLTON HESTON IS THE LAST MAN ON EARTH.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    8. Fans were told that Mattel was looking into a way to prevent the plastic molding from being as hard/stiff as what we saw on King Grayskull, thus allowing the fans more posing options. But with the release of He-Man, we see this has not yet changed. What are Mattel's plans in this regard?
    Well the loin cloth on He-Man is not as long so it should not prevent the movement of his legs the way Grayskull’s did. If we produced a future figure with a skirt or a longer loincloth we would use a material similar to the cape Grayskull had.
    Anyone else have a REALLY BAD case of deja vu reading this one?

From the Sept. 6, 2008 WTFWTK 2.4:

8. King Grayskull's cape, hair, and loincloth are sculpted in a hard plastic which eliminates a lot of the figure's mobility. Will Mattel start using softer plastic for similar accessories to correct this?
    This is something we are looking into. Grayskull’s loincloth is longer then the standard figures so this shouldn’t be a problem for He-Man or Skeletor.

Why can't TG just give us a reason why they're using such stiff plastic on the loincloths???

Again, reference the 4H behind the scenes feature from the DVD, where Eric Treadaway is talking about how much troubleshooting they went through to get the legs just right, and for what? For too stiff plastic to make that effort in vain?

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    The early Clawful did share his legs with Skeletor!

Another great round of answers. Thanks Toyguru!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Anyone else have a REALLY BAD case of deja vu reading this one?

From the Sept. 6, 2008 WTFWTK 2.4:

Why can't TG just give us a reason why they're using such stiff plastic on the loincloths???

Again, reference the 4H behind the scenes feature from the DVD, where Eric Treadaway is talking about how much troubleshooting they went through to get the legs just right, and for what? For too stiff plastic to make that effort in vain?
    This problem is going to be even more obvious once Battle Cat, Panthor and Swift Wind inevitably get made, and the figures have trouble sitting on them.

I really don't get why they haven't corrected this yet. They fixed the armour when we asked, even though it meant a delay of 2 months, so I don't know why they can't see that there IS a serious flaw that MUST be addressed.

Heroic Warrior
    1. Mattel originally stated that every precaution would be taken to insure mint on card collectors would be taken care of and that the items would be shipped with the highest regard to condition. But fans are still receiving items that are poorly packaged, with items arriving in poor condition as a result. What is being done to correct this?
    We are looking into creating an outer shipper box much like we do for the DCUC figures and the JLU MattyCollector figures. We’ll have more news soon when we can start including this shipper box! We are very committed to doing everything we can to making sure figures are as mint as possible!
    1.) Thank you for getting my question into mattel!! The mods on this board are great!

2.) I hope that this means they are going to start taking better care of the figures before they get to digital river.. because the last few i received had NOTHING to do with the shipper themselves..

3.) mattel might actually be trying here!! I could truely be wrong about this company if they can get these figures right!
    Http://www.rickstoyroom.com My Website - Newly redesigned
    http://flickr.com/photos/shdwknt My Toy Collection

Widget
    I just Got the new Skeletor from the classics line I am very disappointed in the left ankle is loose just like the He-man figure I received in December. I was under the impression Mattel was going to fix this? I phoned Mattel customer service and they gave me the run around. Why would I return something for a refund when I want a replacement and they are No Longer available. Willl this design flaw be fixed for future Characters?

Bang your head!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    They fixed the armour when we asked, even though it meant a delay of 2 months, so I don't know why they can't see that there IS a serious flaw that MUST be addressed.
    We? Mattel caught this error ...

Quote Originally Posted by batros79 View Post
    I just Got the new Skeletor from the classics line I am very disappointed in the left ankle is loose just like the He-man figure I received in December. I was under the impression Mattel was going to fix this? I phoned Mattel customer service and they gave me the run around. Why would I return something for a refund when I want a replacement and they are No Longer available. Willl this design flaw be fixed for future Characters?
    You are not the only one
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=166852...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/