Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NYCC Fan Reports - Post your con info here - Hordak, Tri-Klops, Man-at-Arms, Teela

Heroic Warrior

NYCC Fan Reports - Post your con info here - Hordak, Tri-Klops, Man-at-Arms, Teela

Hey guys... I just got back from NYC Comic Con set-up.... this morning I walked past the mattel booth and they had CASES!! of the MOTU Classics figures shrunk wrapped on Pallets.... I did a quick count on all the cases and came up with the following numbers.... now I may be off by a few cases, but I would say I'm within 2 or 3 on both He-Man and Beastman and maybe 5-10 off on Faker.... again these are just what I could see stacked up in front of their booth!! I hope it helps give everyone an idea of the inventory of MOTUC that they brought!

He-Man cases.....22 cases seen w/ 24 figures in each case.... 528 figures approximately...

Beastman cases.....22 cases seen w/ 24 figures in each case.... 528 figures approximately...

Skeletor cases.....0 cases seen w/ 24 figures in each case.... 0 figures approximately...

Faker cases.....175 cases seen w/ 24 figures in each case.... 4200 figures approximately...

Thank you for posting!

Anything on display yet?? (New figures?)
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    it's Thursday, we'll know everything in 24-48 hours.

is there a Preview night for NYCC?

Heroic Warrior
    Oh.... yes.... the display inside ROCKED!!!! Oh and take a look at the main gate when you get there...... I'm not gonna ruin any of the surprises for anyone! I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on the figure count.... Everyone should attend if you are able. you won;t be disappointed!!

I'm in Florida…go ahead and ruin it for me. Send me a PM. LOL

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Thanks for the info. Can't wait for the news.

If there is new figures....please...please ruin for me too. Im in Canada...I'm not making it ot the Con. .... START a SPOILER THREAD

Heroic Warrior
    going to bed now guys.... I'll bring my Camera tomorrow though and grab some pictures and post them tomorrow night.... I wanna everyone who is going tomorrow to be just as surprised by the setup as I was.... one more night won't kill ya.... oh for those of you going... check out my booth... #863 a ton of great MOTU items there.... make sure you mention your from the org here and I'll give ya a few bucks off anything you want MOTU related....

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Yes, please spoil us. Knowing what figures are shown isn't the same as seeing pictures, anyway.

So easy to say one night won't kill ya when you already know.

Peter = tease

Hey chuc98, do you ever go to Mega con in Orlando? Do they ever have good MOTU stuff there?

Quote Originally Posted by sircory-1 View Post
    Hey chuc98, do you ever go to Mega con in Orlando? Do they ever have good MOTU stuff there?
    I've never gone because I know people that do go…it's nothing but movie stuff. And of that it's mostly B-movie stuff if it's new or classic stuff…lots of has-been actors with nothing else to do now. Megacon has nothing to do with toys from what I understand.

4-Wheeled Heroic Warrior Wheelor's Avatar
    in my best shatner voice "dying from one night wait. Must have...spoiler...KHAN!!!!"
    Quote the Raven
    "Nevermore"

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Robin View Post
    So easy to say one night won't kill ya when you already know.
    That's what I was thinking too. What if I die in my sleep tonight. You could have told me and didn't. I guess you'll just have to live with that won't you?

I doubt they have the new figures out yet or somebody would leak it to us. I hope they announce more than just one other figure besides Zodac at NYCC.

Toyguru already said they're gonna show up to 4 new figures not shown before.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Mer-Man will be wearing the CLASSIC head (Stinkor) in the package!!!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Mer-Man will be wearing the CLASSIC head (Stinkor) in the package!!!
    Damn, I was hoping for the other head.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Damn, I was hoping for the other head.
    Yeah me to, but either way he's awesome

For those who WANT to be spoiled about the cool displays at NYCC, check out Matty's photo album. Some nice pictures there.

No new figure pictures though. I think they're waiting to put them out. Their page says new JLU figures will go in the display case after their Q&A period. Methinks they'll do the same with MOTUC.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Im surprised they still had that many.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Hey guys... I just got back from NYC Comic Con set-up.... this morning I walked past the mattel booth and they had CASES!! of the MOTU Classics figures shrunk wrapped on Pallets.... I did a quick count on all the cases and came up with the following numbers.... now I may be off by a few cases, but I would say I'm within 2 or 3 on both He-Man and Beastman and maybe 5-10 off on Faker.... again these are just what I could see stacked up in front of their booth!! I hope it helps give everyone an idea of the inventory of MOTUC that they brought!

He-Man cases.....22 cases seen w/ 24 figures in each case.... 528 figures approximately...

Beastman cases.....22 cases seen w/ 24 figures in each case.... 528 figures approximately...

Skeletor cases.....0 cases seen w/ 24 figures in each case.... 0 figures approximately...

Faker cases.....175 cases seen w/ 24 figures in each case.... 4200 figures approximately...
    Well this is certainly very interesting information I think... so do we think they made less more or the same amount of fakers as they did he-man

Patreek…you can't base it on those numbers to make a comparison. They didn't take all of their stock of Faker to the con, they're keeping some specifically set aside for mattycollector. Perhaps 4200 is half the production number total?

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Well this is certainly very interesting information I think... so do we think they made less more or the same amount of fakers as they did he-man
    Well...Mattel said they would NOT have all the Faker action figures they made at the convention, so who knows? Maybe they made 10 000 Fakers and are doing a half-and-half deal. Half at the con, then half online in March?