View Poll Results: Chose the Filmation-character to get a new design!

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Doctor Zoog - Trollan technomancer!

12 12.24%
  • Darkdream - Evil spectre

24 24.49%
  • Dragoon - Evil Trolland Dragon-mage

21 21.43%
  • Filmation Modulok

41 41.84%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Motu Redesign challenge #87 - Gygor!

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    You keep having so many great challenges like the last couple & I just can't help myself but participate!! XD Great ideas inspire great art!!
    Thanks mate! ^^ I try my best to pick a good mix of concept-types, and sometimes it works, and sometimes it don't. I feel really lucky to have these last few challenges go so well, I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I don't remember this guy at all... was he ever made?
    No indeed he was not, mate. Check the first post again, and you'll notice he only ever made it to the sketch-stage.

It's time to unleash him upon the Evil Warriors!!

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    Me too fella...LET BATTLE COMMENCE!!
    OMG! This.. will be good. ^^

I think I myself see him as a lot bigger than was intended, somewhere just above Mighty Joe Young, so he can carry more than one guy. Like, his seat carries one or two in a basket-like thingie, that can swivel up from his back on top of his shoulders. And then on the sides of the basket there would be like fold-up seats, on both sides, so a total of 3-4 peeps can ride on his back. Then he could have an add-on with a chest-harness, where one more guy as well can sit.

But the front-addon is only to be used when he walks on his legs, when the heroic Warriors are laying siege to some fortress.

In fact, it would be cool if his entire harness is modular wouldn't it? One standard piece with the basket, then add-ons for the sides, and then an add-on for the front, as well as with add-on guns for the front and for the sides.

Man...! This guy has all sorts of possibilities, now doesn't he??

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    I think I myself see him as a lot bigger than was intended, somewhere just above Mighty Joe Young, so he can carry more than one guy. Like, his seat carries one or two in a basket-like thingie, that can swivel up from his back on top of his shoulders. And then on the sides of the basket there would be like fold-up seats, on both sides, so a total of 3-4 peeps can ride on his back. Then he could have an add-on with a chest-harness, where one more guy as well can sit.

But the front-addon is only to be used when he walks on his legs, when the heroic Warriors are laying siege to some fortress.

In fact, it would be cool if his entire harness is modular wouldn't it? One standard piece with the basket, then add-ons for the sides, and then an add-on for the front, as well as with add-on guns for the front and for the sides.

Far to close to my sketch. I might have to subdue you!!!

I'm attemptin a non painted MOTU poster I can't paint for toffee.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Movie mayhem!
    Thanks mate! ^^ I try my best to pick a good mix of concept-types, and sometimes it works, and sometimes it don't. I feel really lucky to have these last few challenges go so well, I must say.

No indeed he was not, mate. Check the first post again, and you'll notice he only ever made it to the sketch-stage.

It's time to unleash him upon the Evil Warriors!!

OMG! This.. will be good. ^^

Thats actually pretty close to what I had forming in my head as well. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Monikasvo View Post
    Seraphyn, that concept rocks! Only problem is that is hard to believe He-man using monkey-like exoskeleton as a extra punch, but some other character (Marlena, Gwildor...) could fit better in that vehicle.
    I was thinking more for mobility rather than strength. He'd have a super fast 4 limbed run when he needed it with the added agility of the simian physique. The armour obviously wouldn't be as strong as an un-aided He-man but it would allow him to move and attack in different ways than previously allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Monikasvo View Post
    My Gygor is more like heroic version of Beastman (maybe he comes from another dimension M-a-A visited: one of the Keldor heroes?)
    Love this, the harness looks great and practical and the art and colours are great. Good job

Quote Originally Posted by Monikasvo
    My Gygor is more like heroic version of Beastman (maybe he comes from another dimension M-a-A visited: one of the Keldor heroes?
    Great looking Beastie there, Moni. I'm a bit surprised he's so Orange-looking tho? Didn't the Keldor-heroes have different colours? He-man was Faker, and Keldor was caucasian.

It looks a bit like yours often walks on his fours btw, does the harness change shape to acommodate for bi-pedal movement? Like, if he has to climb some trees, for instance.

Pat, Munky: Great minds think alike!!
    Last edited by Predabot; February 10, 2009 at 03:04pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I don't remember this guy at all... was he ever made?
    nope just a concept.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Ok, here's my first sketch of Gygor. Depending on what my free time allows I'll spend more time refining his armour and weaponry until I'm fully satisfied with the look.

NICE man! I haven't had hardly any time to promo this challenge, so I'm glad you found it, mate!

As always, I'm available for colouring-duty once you feel you're happy with him.

Darn! I need to contact some more artists, so who do you guys wager are the biggest fans of creatures and stuff??
    Last edited by Predabot; February 11, 2009 at 05:03pm.

quickie entry for me ..this is just some alterations to another gorilla i did...
    but i figured all of he mans steeds were really intelligent and gygor would be no exception so man at arms would modify some of his royal guard armor for him...

and with some borrowed art from gbagok here is my idea about the 3 beast brothers (each going there own way)
    beast man going to help skelly
    gygor to help he-man
    and my fan creation monster mind ..an outcast fron his race cause he cannnot control beast himself

Last edited by gatchagrey; February 12, 2009 at 07:27pm.
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

WOW! Seraphyn has set the bar way up there! Amazing concept!!
    I love it!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Illustrator for Hire Prince He-Dude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphyn View Post
    Heres the concept so far. Because of the similarities with the name stridor (hey they both end in 'or' don't they?) I've taken Gygor as being a technological construct. He retains basic AI so he can act autonomously, but his AI is overuled when a master takes the reigns. I couldn't quite see He-man riding this beast into battle on piggy back so I've made it more of an enclosed mech-suit style device.
    So what do you think? worth finishing up or should I try again?
    That looks super sweet man!! GO FOR IT!!!!
    HEROIC ILLUSTRATOR FOR HIRE!
    My Webcomic:
    http://juviescomic.blogspot.com/

My DeviantArt page:
    http://kaos2007.deviantart.com/

www.kaosproduktionstudios.com

Didn't have a ton of time for this one but here's what I came up with:

great work you guys,
    i should have mine done sunday
    Eternian Beastmaster

Gatcha: You good man you! You always throw your hat in the mix. Yours certainly seem to be the most antropomorphic, with a great deal of intelligence. If I'd offer some advice then I think the armour could be some other colour then yellow tho, it feels a bit too overpowering as it is right now.

Maybe green? I think that would fit in quite handily.

Jonwes: Here comes another challenger! ^^ Yours is certainly a bit surprising, mainly in the way you are conveying his personality. Calm and kind-looking, almost subservient. Almost as if he's not meant for war, but more for ceremonial purposes.
    Last edited by Predabot; February 13, 2009 at 01:45pm.

Gatcha: You good man you! You always throw your hat in the mix. Yours certainly seem to be the most antropomorphic, with a great deal of intelligence. If I'd offer some advice then I think the armour could be some other colour then yellow tho, it feels a bit too overpowering as it is right now.

Maybe green? I think that would fit in quite handily.

[.

well i think i sat out the last 2? just too many amazing entries for me to even atempt.....

so too much yellow hmmm ...i am always one to play with colors so ill try the green first then ill go from there...my problem is i always seem to fall to black and red

edit...hows this ..a bit easier on the eyes...
    Last edited by gatchagrey; February 13, 2009 at 06:06pm.

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    I'd like to try my hand at this guy. I've never done one of these things before, but the concept is really too cool to pass up. I'm going to try to have something up over the weekend. Hopefully it won't be too late.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by gatchagrey View Post
    well i think i sat out the last 2? just too many amazing entries for me to even atempt.....
    No, no, no! My good man, there's never too many good entries, because it's been proven time and time again, that the more entries there are, regardless of artistic "talent", a remarkable process will begin, and even more great entries will come into existence, simply because of the incredible volume of entries.

It's like creative gravity.

so too much yellow hmmm ...i am always one to play with colors so ill try the green first then ill go from there...my problem is i always seem to fall to black and red

edit...hows this ..a bit easier on the eyes...
    http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...rey/gygor4.gif
    Yeah that looks better. But have you considered something, how about swapping the grey and green areas? Might sound a bit nit-picky, but I think the balance would improve. Hey, why not give it a quick go? Just to see what might happen, might be something surprising.

hey i always appreciate the advise pred,,,

especially with color... was born monochomatic colorblind so it has always put me at a bit of a disadvantage...but its all cool i think it makes me come up with interesting color combos

anyway here is the newest with your advice...

Almost done with my version of Gy-gor, just have to color it....
    Danbrenus
    uomo libero e guerriero delle schiere Boiche

http://danbrenus.deviantart.com/
    My pre-Filmation minicomics:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=184385
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189337
    Of course I do commission, after all I have to live!
    Chiaramente accetto commissioni, dovr˛ pur campare...

!

@ predabot, I'm asking that you extend this to 3 weeks *please!

@Seraphyn, awesome concept, keep it up!

I wanted to explore Gy-Gore by means of a custom figure...

So here's a brief bio first;
    My Gy-Gore is meant to look more heroic than menacing so I had to 1st pick out a goriila that had an almost happy smirk, then I had to decide how I wanted to incorporate his battle armor/battle chariot. I decided that he's fully a giant sapien with no robotic enhancments aside from his power guanlets. When he activates the gauntlets on his wrist armor, it starts forming robot tenticles that eventually build a battle chariot for him just like MAA's gun forms in the 200x series.

Here's few test shots so far done in my proto test shot colors that I will hopefully change in the final touch-up stages.

here he is in generic pose

here he is with the tentacles just forming
    tentacles forming

here he is with battle chariot attached (I still need to get some more super glue to finish putting magnets into the tentacles)
    battle chariot attached angle 1

another angle
    battle chariot attached angle 2

3rd angle
    battle chariot attached angle 3

here's another way for the chariot to be attached
    Gy-Gor flying

here's a few angles of just the chariot
    just chariot angle 1

just chariot angle 2

just chariot angle 3

just chariot angle 4

I plan to use more magnets to make more guns attachable durng the final stages.
    Awesome sticker not included!Ö Blade=sad!

Coming Soon: Masters of the DC Universe

Looks like it'll be smashin' Kent.

And welcome to the challenge btw!

But are you sure you need the extension? The deadline is for the 23rd you know. So you've got more than a week left to work on him mate, and you already seem to have come quite a long way, no?

Thanx for the welcome into this challenge, Predabot! I think Gy-Gor should be fun for everyone.

I'm hoping I won't actually need an extension but that is alot of repainting, paint sealing, drilling, gluing, plus those fusky magnets...(mixed in with mid-terms )

Let's just see how it goes. I'll be sure to let you know, but if anyone else wants to save me some time by just drawing a mock-up from these test shots & getting it colored, then go ahead & feel free to do so.
    Awesome sticker not included!Ö Blade=sad!

Coming Soon: Masters of the DC Universe

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    My roughs.

Hate it, so back to the drawing board.

*Grumble Grumble*
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Here's my rendition of Gy-gor, unfortunately I haven't received my Big Jim's gorilla I bought on ebay, so I didn't know if the proportions are right.

Obiously my take is the more classic possible, the harness is much like Battle Cat's...hope we'll someday see a real prototipe of this banana guy.
    Last edited by danbrenus; February 25, 2009 at 09:29am.
    Danbrenus
    uomo libero e guerriero delle schiere Boiche

http://danbrenus.deviantart.com/
    My pre-Filmation minicomics:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=184385
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189337
    Of course I do commission, after all I have to live!
    Chiaramente accetto commissioni, dovr˛ pur campare...

Quote Originally Posted by danbrenus View Post
    Here's my rendition of Gy-gor, unfortunately I haven't received my Big Jim's gorilla I bought on ebay, so I didn't know if the proportions are right.

Obiously my take is the more classic possible, the harness is much like Battle Cat's...hope we'll someday see a real prototipe of this banana guy.
    I love your style - it's just like the old card-backs!
    Bak-or - Evil Master of Mean-Spiritedness