View Poll Results: Man-At-Arms boots/loin cloth: dark green or red?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • dark green

20 45.45%
  • red

10 22.73%
  • want both

4 9.09%
  • don't care either way

10 22.73%

Thread: Man-At-Arms boot/loin cloth color preference: dark green or red?

Man-At-Arms boot/loin cloth color preference: card art or original toy?

The dark green/gray/black/brown boots and loin cloth actually bummed me out. I’m just not digging it. I hope we get a red version later on. Thoughts?
    Last edited by FAKER II; February 9, 2009 at 02:47pm.

Can't vote in this poll…there's no option for the way the classics figure has been done: dark brown fuzzy shorts with dark brown and dark green boots. Looks perfect that way to me. I'm glad that's the way the figure is coming!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Can't vote in this poll…there's no option for the way the classics figure has been done: dark brown fuzzy shorts with dark brown and dark green boots. Looks perfect that way to me. I'm glad that's the way the figure is coming!
    Going by the pictures I see on Toynewsi, I don’t see any brown at all. It looks all dark green to me. Are there pictures posted elsewhere that show him with brown boots and loin cloth?

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=13&itemid=14058

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Going by the pictures I see on Toynewsi, I don’t see any brown at all. It looks all dark green to me. Are there pictures posted elsewhere that show him with brown boots and loin cloth?

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=13&itemid=14058
    The loincloth and boots are dark brown and the boots have green straps similar to the dark brown ones on he man`s boots.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    The loincloth and boots are dark brown and the boots have green straps similar to the dark brown ones on he man`s boots.
    Exactly. You need to re-calibrate your monitor Faker II.

The dark brown on the boots and loincloth are the same dark brown that's around the arm openings on his armor.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I think the fur is just black and the straps are dark green. I can't really see any significant color in fur. Anyway I prefer the dark black/brown to the red for this figure because I always loved the way it looked on the cardback art. It would be great if he was rereleased with red down the line though.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Exactly. You need to re-calibrate your monitor Faker II.

The dark brown on the boots and loincloth are the same dark brown that's around the arm openings on his armor.
    I copied the pictures from toynewsi and zoomed in on them in Adobe Photoshop. I didn’t see any brown, but I saw a lot of gray. While the boots were mostly gray (except the straps), I did see green pixels. The loin cloth, although mostly gray, had a distinctly noticeable amount of green in it. It looks like a green wash over gray plastic.

Everything that is supposed to look brown on my monitor is brown. I even checked with images of 200X He-Man whose boots and loin cloth are dark brown. I didn’t see a spec of green in them like I saw mixed in with the dark gray of Man At Arms. I guess I can have my wife look at our monitor as she’s the computer expert in my house.

Anyway, this is still how I’d prefer Man At Arms to look…
    Attached Images Attached Images

I used the eyedropper in Photoshop, the CMYK sliders were all pretty neutral and came out looking like mud…a blackish-brown color. Some areas had over 80% black. The highlights in the loincloth are more greenish-brown, even in these areas were there's green the black percentage is over 50%. The boots are the same way, except the straps are obviously a dark green.

Battle–Brak, I agree with you, the darker brown fur looks much better. Now if only that option were available in the poll…

I think he's perfect as is!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I'd like for him to keep the black fur on the armour and boots, but the shorts, I would prefer reddish brown, like on the original fig. Just like them red shorts. ^^

I didint care either way, but with the new Man At arms comming, I'm glad there are colour changes. Hadnt realized that the Classics Duncan was different from both the vintage and 200x one in colour. The new one rectifies that, and also adds value in another choice for him.

I honestly would have preferred the Vintage colors, or even the Filmation colors....which the green is a little darker on the Filmation vs the Vintage....at least the same shade as the Palace Guards, which I used one to make my Filmation MAA custom. The darker black/greens just don't go that well with the oranges of the armor as well as the lighter orange armor and red/brown boots and briefs of the Vintage.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I voted red, if by red you mean vintage colors. I still don't know why Mattel changed this for the Classics line....
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    I want both.

I'd use a brown (red) shorted, booted, and trimmed Duncan for the "vintage look" collection I'm building.

Heroic Warrior
    Don't care, like him how he came out!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE