Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Castaspella Discussion Thread

MOTUC Castaspella Discussion Thread

Photobucket

Queen Castaspella is one of the closest friends of She-Ra.
    She was taught her magical abilities by a sorcerer called Norwyn, who used white magic. He also tutored Shadow Weaver. Castaspella worked hard for her power but Shadow Weaver was tempted by evil. The two are bitter enemies, but were once great friends, so much so that Castaspella knows enough that she can pre-empt any spells that Shadow Weaver may use against the Rebellion. Once Castaspella had achieved her great power, she was deemed suitable to be the ruler of Mystacor.

When Castaspella sees Prince Adam for the first time she becomes very smitten with him, so much so that she "accidentally" leaves the Pool of Vision active, thereby pulling him into Etheria. Prince Adam also shows a mutual interest in her as well.
    Castaspella, being a sorceress, has many magical abilities at her disposal. She has exhibited powers such as teleportation, materialisation, and transformation. Castaspella has also demonstrated on various occasions her vast knowledge of all things magical and mystical. She also wears a pair of magical discs on her bracelets that can fire energy blasts.

So guys, who loves her?
    How do you want her to be done, once the 80's toy is so different from the cartoon?
    Last edited by Adam_Portugal; February 10, 2009 at 11:09pm.

Another great video tribute, Adam_Portugal! I definitely want to see a Castaspella figure. I do wonder whether they can make her with blue on her costume or not. Can you post a pic of her design as it appeared on the cardback?

I also want them to do something different with her skirt. The short skirt doesn't do anything to conjure up the feeling of a powerful enchantress. I'd love to see her get something akin to Evil-Lyn's skirt in the 200x series.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I hope if and when they do make her she has some sort of head piece, kinda like the Scarlet Witch, t make her look more like a sorceress.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Another great video!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Another great video tribute, Adam_Portugal! I definitely want to see a Castaspella figure. I do wonder whether they can make her with blue on her costume or not. Can you post a pic of her design as it appeared on the cardback?

I also want them to do something different with her skirt. The short skirt doesn't do anything to conjure up the feeling of a powerful enchantress. I'd love to see her get something akin to Evil-Lyn's skirt in the 200x series.
    This was the best I could find.
    I think she is too yellow on the cardback and in the toy itself.
    Do you think they can use the blue? or anyother solution?
    Photobucket

I'm doubtful on whether they can use the blue. I think it depends on when and how that artwork that you posted with the blue on it was created - whether before or after Filmation and by whom. I don't have much faith in Mattel researching all of that just for POP. I expect Casta to be all yellow - but likely a mixture of yellow and gold and white.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Man, I an really not to impressed with these POP figures. Don't like the colours nor the outfits.

But if I had to choose I would go for (besides She-ra):
    Frosta
    The butterfly chick
    The masked blackhead

The 4H could probably do something cool with them.

Castapella has a great background story, but the figure is and will be pretty plain IMO. Sorry

I'm doubtful on whether they can use the blue. I think it depends on when and how that artwork that you posted with the blue on it was created - whether before or after Filmation and by whom. I don't have much faith in Mattel researching all of that just for POP. I expect Casta to be all yellow - but likely a mixture of yellow and gold and white.
    Well, this art I post on the first post is from the Original Mattel Style Guide, as many of you know already.
    I'm not sure, but apparently this was the document Mattel gave to Filmation, so it should be owned by Mattel. But as I said, i'm not sure.
    I would prefere a blue Castaspella or a different solution.

Check that art Out:

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/pop/l...ngpopindex.htm
    Last edited by Adam_Portugal; February 11, 2009 at 04:45pm.

I will definitely buy Casta she is a cool character and the Horsemen will make her look awesome. Bring on more females.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Portugal View Post
    If they used that art as the basis, I think most fans would be extremely happy with the POP figures. However, they've been saying things about how they're not sure if they can use that and that they're looking at the actual figures for source. Yeah, it's not the direction I'd want either.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

they've been saying things about how they're not sure if they can use that and that they're looking at the actual figures for source.
    well I think we just have to wait to see, but I'm sure they will do a realy nice job on her, just like they are making with the first figures!

Casta would be one of my 1st 5 females I would want from the MOTUC POP division.
    It would be in no particular order...Casta, Adora, Frosta, Glimmer, & Catra...
    Great video!!
    Last edited by JafariStew; February 12, 2009 at 12:09pm.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 9.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    Man, I an really not to impressed with these POP
    Castapella has a great background story, but the figure is and will be pretty plain IMO. Sorry

Well, actually I think she is the less notable from the first wave of heroes, being them: She-Ra, Bow, Glimmer, Frosta, Angella & Castaspella.

I mean, all the others are so great that she gets a more "introspective" place on the cartoon. But I agree that she has a great background story.

I think this figure will need something more that just the 80's toy style to be really great!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post

If I had to choose I would go for (besides She-ra):
    Frosta
    The butterfly chick
    The masked blackhead

The 4H could probably do something cool with them.
    You mean Flutterina and Catra.

Beside your choices (She-Ra, Frosta, Flutterina and Catra) I think Mermista (the mermaid) and Peek-a-Blue (not present on the image) will be good surprises too
    Last edited by Ciclone Luso; February 12, 2009 at 07:58pm.

This video and character description just helped me complete a little project of my own without having to break out my She-Ra DVDs and do a lot of extensive researching. Thanks!

I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually prefer the yellow/gold toy-based version, so I'm looking very much forward to a potential MOTUC figure.

She will look cool regardless. The Horsemen really haven't disappointed us yet. I just can't wait for some females in this line. Bring on the babes!!

Quote Originally Posted by wallbie View Post
    This video and character description just helped me complete a little project of my own without having to break out my She-Ra DVDs and do a lot of extensive researching. Thanks!
    You're wellcome! By the way, new tribute videos of mine will be put on this thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169127

Thank's for whatching

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!

MOTUC POP Castaspella design speculations?

Hey y'all!

To all POP fans & He-Fans. Which Castaspella design would you want to see when she comes around in the MOTUC line!

A) Filmation design but with toy colorations:

B) Filmation designs only:

I did these quick mock-ups. A really quick mock-up of how Casta would look like if she's wearing her tall boots, as in the figure herself.

C) W/ Tall Leggings:

D) W/ Tall Leggings but in Filmation colors:

Well, what do y'all think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GrtEternal; February 1, 2010 at 05:01pm.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

As long as they keep the disk, I'm fine with either color scheme.

I'd prefer the Filmation/Prototype colors, but If they make the toy colors I won't complain. I love the disk!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Both?

I prefer the prototype/Filmation colors. But I'm hoping that the figure color scheme could pop up in a bonus figure w/ rooted hair down the road.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I like the toy design the best! There are actually a few different variations they can choose from for the legs:

I think I like the orange leging version best!

It would be cool to get BOTH eventually though, seeing as that's a big difference in the two.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Hmmm. They'll probably choose the one that can be made from Frosta's legs. Darn, I like the orange tights and lightning boots too.

Honestly, I like the A) Option best. I also hope the non-Frosta boots are used. They're hot.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!