Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Castaspella Discussion Thread

Her face sculpt and hair are great. I do really like it when they keep some elements from the original figures. I'm loving the amber-colored force-bolt thing.

Love Love Love The Figure! I hope they are able to find away to have the disk in its proper spot and still spin. *fingers crossed*
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

I pray that they keep her face sculpt intact. After seeing the mess that was Frosta, I really hope Casta is not ugly. I also am concerned she will get a bland, lifeless face like Teela. Please don't mess this up 4H! Casta isn't an old woman like she was sometimes portrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkslipx84 View Post
    Love Love Love The Figure! I hope they are able to find away to have the disk in its proper spot and still spin. *fingers crossed*
    It was mentioned very early that the wheel wont spin and in the PIXELDAN walktrough they say its a clip on to the waist but its to far away or small on the screen to clearly see it.

We will have to wait for the reviews to see it clearer.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

cyber-assassin
    Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Hey y'all!

To all POP fans & He-Fans. Which Castaspella design would you want to see when she comes around in the MOTUC line!

A) Filmation design but with toy colorations:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1264906557

B) Filmation designs only:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1264906557

I did these quick mock-ups. A really quick mock-up of how Casta would look like if she's wearing her tall boots, as in the figure herself.

C) W/ Tall Leggings:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1265060570

D) W/ Tall Leggings but in Filmation colors:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1265061579

Well, what do y'all think?
    filmation colors. with or without tall leggings.
    Those whom god wishes to destroy,
    He first makes mad. - Reinfield.

Very, very excited about this figure. Easily my most wanted figure from POP. HOWEVER! Am I the only one that wishes her nose was a bit wider? She has a (very slightly) wider nose than the rest of the girls in the She-Ra show. Still, a great looking figure, it just feels like a very attractive woman cosplaying as Castaspella, instead of the real Castaspella, you know?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Merso View Post
    Very, very excited about this figure. Easily my most wanted figure from POP. HOWEVER! Am I the only one that wishes her nose was a bit wider? She has a (very slightly) wider nose than the rest of the girls in the She-Ra show. Still, a great looking figure, it just feels like a very attractive woman cosplaying as Castaspella, instead of the real Castaspella, you know?
    The one thing Filmation excelled at was giving even the female characters VERY distinct features; take away the hair and the colors, just leaving the face, and you can still tell who each person is. Some of the sculpts like Frosta seem to evoke the way they looked in the show without precisely duplicating it, which is what I see here. It's not EXACTLY Casta from the show in every detail, but it's still very close.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I LOVE Castaspella. I think she's going to end up being my favorite Great Rebellion figure in the MOTUC collection. This is the FILMation color I love and not the more bland yellow/orange toy design. She was awesome in the Princess of Power cartoon. Some of my favorite PoP episodes featured Castaspella. Her wheel looks very well done even though it doesn't spin and hallelujah on the magic blast accessory! Her hair looks amazing and her face is beautiful. She's looking right out of the cartoon/style guide and I couldn't be happier. I just hope she doesn't end up being somewhat of a letdown like Frosta was. Frosta was my most looked forward to PoP Rebellion figure and she ended up being somewhat of a disappointment with all the annoyances (white = gray, forearms swapped, face isnt the best, etc...) surrounding her figure. I do kinda like Frosta's transparent-ish hair though. I think Casta's gonna trump her in my collection though. She's determined to win over Prince Adam up in her Enchanted Castle.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    The one thing Filmation excelled at was giving even the female characters VERY distinct features; take away the hair and the colors, just leaving the face, and you can still tell who each person is. Some of the sculpts like Frosta seem to evoke the way they looked in the show without precisely duplicating it, which is what I see here. It's not EXACTLY Casta from the show in every detail, but it's still very close.
    And I think that's a good thing.

It's something Disney deals with when making Audio-Animatronics of their animated characters for use in theme parks. There are some designs that just look odd when translated into three dimensions. What makes something look neat in a drawing can look oddly proportioned in a three dimensions representation.

Casta looks amazing - I'm very excited to have her in the line up. She was never a particular favorite of mine, but I think she really exceeded any expectation I had.

The 4H did a wonderful job on Casta, let's hope the final looks as good!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    There are some designs that just look odd when translated into three dimensions. What makes something look neat in a drawing can look oddly proportioned in a three dimensions representation.
    This is one of my most favorite things ever said on these boards and thank you so much for saying it.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Shake, Shake, Shaking off my frustration!

Wether I have the sub or not...I am really happy for Casta fans and will be happy to have her.

I think her face scuplt is great and I really like the Filmation colors with the toy nod (her wheel). Didn't really care if it moved so that a nonissue for me.

However...her skirt...tell me there is a slit!!!!! Sadly, I am going to say there is no slit in her skirt...I a mean why would you do that. It's not like the customer base has aaked for that or anything.

The one thing Filmation excelled at was giving even the female characters VERY distinct features; take away the hair and the colors, just leaving the face, and you can still tell who each person is.

They were definitely good at that.

Am I the only one who thinks Casta's blue should be more cobalt blue??

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Casta's blue should be more cobalt blue??
    I think her colouring is pretty spot-on when you look at animation cels (except for her orange collar...)

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Well it's confirmed that she has a c-clip. Practical, but not how she was originally designed ...sad but understood. It'll be difficult to get her on a flight stand with a second c-clip. :-(

I can't wait for her Bio...!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I'm glad about the disc being a clip-on and not requiring there to be a hole in her back like the classic toy. Just hoping the clip is sturdy, yet at the same time small enough to go unnoticed (and not look like a flight stand clip around the waist!). I am assuming this is how they will tackle Peekablue?

For some reason, Classics Casta is looking like Swedish Bond girl Maud Adams to me now. Always loved her too, first Bond movie I got to see in a theater was Octo-badword. I do wish they'd gone for gold instead of orange, but she still looks like a good figure. I like the extra accent lines on her deco too.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I'm glad about the disc being a clip-on and not requiring there to be a hole in her back like the classic toy. Just hoping the clip is sturdy, yet at the same time small enough to go unnoticed (and not look like a flight stand clip around the waist!). I am assuming this is how they will tackle Peekablue?

Castaspella with a clipped on wheel…i can see that…somehow since its more or less not really necessary for her BUT

Peekablue with clipped on Feathers…?

Last edited by Niki; May 10, 2013 at 12:36pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    She was designed with the wheel going into her back. The waist clip may set the wheel lower on her, which easily throws off her look. It could be nothing, but it could be a granny panty "design steps in to wreck things" issue too. She was depicted without the wheel, so for most it may be meh. I will reserve judgement until I have the toy, but I would like Scott to show her a bit if he has a sample in-house.

But if the wheel goes behind her head, I wonder why it wouldn't be constructed to spin. The one action feature that wouldn't be invasive to her aesthetic like Sorceress or the Rock Warriors, and they don't bite? Thank goodness for her incredible sculpt.

I hope the post connecting her wheel to the clip is fashioned to set the wheel at the appropriate height.

Sadly they didn't want to spent money on tooling they could have reused for Flutterina, Sweet Bee, Peekablue, Angella, among others. That's a missed opportunity.
    Last edited by Jun-Yor; May 10, 2013 at 07:34am.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    She was designed with the wheel going into her back. The waist clip may set the wheel lower on her, which easily throws off her look. It could be nothing, but it could be a granny panty "design steps in to wreck things" issue too. She was depicted without the wheel, so for most it may be meh. I will reserve judgement until I have the toy, but I would like Scott to show her a bit if he has a sample in-house.

But if the wheel goes behind her head, I wonder why it wouldn't be constructed to spin. The one action feature that wouldn't be invasive to her aesthetic like Sorceress or the Rock Warriors, and they don't bite? Thank goodness for her incredible sculpt.

I hope the post connecting her wheel to the clip is fashioned to set the wheel at the appropriate height.

Sadly they didn't want to spent money on tooling they could have reused for Flutterina, Sweet Bee, Peekablue, Angella, among others. That's a missed opportunity.
    These are all very valid concerns. While the initial designs have typically been spot on, the developed designs have been inconsistent in delivery of aesthetics.

I hope the wheel was designed so that the waist clip is lower on the wheel and making it positioned higher up her back. That would make it similar to the toy, which had a good look as far as how she was proportioned. The wheel being lower...I'll have to see more of that to really get an opinion on it, but optimally the wheel will be higher. Fingers crossed.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I like her, can't wait for her, if I had one thing I'd change, I'd go with the thigh boots of the figure....they just look better, but otherwise, she looks damn good to me.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post

Perhaps this is where the Octavia torso comes in. It Must have holes for the Tentacles to attach to her. Maybe this torso could be reused to attach the wings for Sweet Bee, Flutterina and Angella.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Definitely one of the best figures of the year!
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Definitely one of the best figures of the year!
    She's the ONLY figure I want this year.