Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 126 to 139 of 139

Thread: MOTUC Castaspella Discussion Thread

  1. #126
    Heroic Warrior Slave2Evil_Lyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,682
    Casta looks great. Personally I'm glad they went with a clip vs a hole to attach the disc. Since the disc will be immediately put in my spare parts bag and not displayed on the figure I'm happy there's not a hole visible in her back.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  2. #127
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,862
    I REALLY hope Castaspella's skirt has a SLIT ! We've been asking for this repeatedly because of the movement hinderance it causes. No slit would also mean that we would be unable to put her on Swiftwind... I begin to think that Matty does this kind of aggravating thing ON PURPOSE.

    This is the kind of detail that might actually force me to pass on Castaspella. And of all the POP girls, she was the one I wanted the most !

    If I'm forced to pass on Castaspella, I'll probably pass on any other Great Rebellion figure...
    Last edited by Prahvus; May 13, 2013 at 11:59am.

  3. #128
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,845
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Perhaps this is where the Octavia torso comes in. It Must have holes for the Tentacles to attach to her. Maybe this torso could be reused to attach the wings for Sweet Bee, Flutterina and Angella.
    Maybe they're using Jewelstar's uniquely sculpted chest piece for Octavia? I always thought they would utilize this for Castaspella, but apparently not.

    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

  4. #129
    Heroic Warrior sirsniffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    1,229
    Is Castaspella basically done? Is there still time for them to give her a deeper blue color instead of that light turquoise? I think there was a video that Scott did where she was in the background in the package...anyone remember what that was?

  5. #130
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,554
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Is Castaspella basically done? Is there still time for them to give her a deeper blue color instead of that light turquoise? I think there was a video that Scott did where she was in the background in the package...anyone remember what that was?
    By now, she's likely already done, or at the very least being done as we speak (packaged and shipped). It takes a while to get assembled, packaged and shipped overseas to here to be at DR's dock in time for next month.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  6. #131
    Heroic Warrior sirsniffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    1,229
    Ahh, you're probably right. I guess I will have to wait patiently and see. Thanks!

  7. #132
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,554
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Ahh, you're probably right. I guess I will have to wait patiently and see. Thanks!
    What sucks is the loss of the boot cut on the Females now....it added a little depth and realism to the figures....it looked as if her leg was really going into the boot, but now....it looks a little cheaper to me. Also hope she doesn't suffer the loose Female ankle syndrome....but I'll bet she will, the only recent Female that didn't have them was Sherrilyn.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  8. #133
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Is Castaspella basically done? Is there still time for them to give her a deeper blue color instead of that light turquoise? I think there was a video that Scott did where she was in the background in the package...anyone remember what that was?
    I doubt it since she is shipping in August to Subscribers. She's done and moste likely already in production and packaging.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

  9. #134
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,010
    Casta notes:

    1) The wheel slouches, and rests against her legs easily. The clip isn't strong at all. You kinda need her curls at the end of her ponytail to "catch" the raised edges of the wheel to keep it in proper orientation: perpendicular to the floor. The post on the waist clip should have been L-Shaped so the wheel sits at the proper height. It's slightly lower than the 4H sculpted, but not horrible.

    2) Her ponytail should have been articulated. It was separately sculpted and glued. That was an easy miss and would have made for more dynamic posing. The glue ruins it. A ball joint would have been ideal, but even a cut joint could have been designed with what was already there. I had a "Stratos' wings" moment with her ponytail.

    3) All the magic girls should have had legit spellcasting hands with accompanying ball-wrist articulation (Frosta, Glimmer, Casta, Shokoti, etc). If they are going to not give the ladies injection molded ankles, rocker ankles, or a proper boot cut joint, they should get SOMETHING extra, that lends to easy re-use. Monster High gets this, but they don't?

    4) The wheel was a very easy action feature curiously omitted. Very slight engineering could have given us a working spinning wheel without ruining the aesthetic. This wasn't a Sorceress-level risk.

    Casta is a fantastic figure, but these 4 very easy options could have elevated her from fantastic to "best of the year" status. The girls always fall short creatively that way. Hard to complain about a great figure with tons of detail from the toy and toon, striking the best balance since Bow. It feels like I am calling out Mattel for not making Casta 110% great, instead of 100%, but these are easy misses.

    Oh, her face seems to photograph a different shade, but in sunlight, you will not notice at all. Every picture I took felt like I was taking shots of a different toy. The shade difference is really negligible. When I thought I could take the pics illustrating this confidently, they came out...otherwise LOL.

  10. #135
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    716
    How long did she take to sell out?

  11. #136
    Heroic Warrior geooco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn!
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Casta notes:

    1) The wheel slouches, and rests against her legs easily. The clip isn't strong at all. You kinda need her curls at the end of her ponytail to "catch" the raised edges of the wheel to keep it in proper orientation: perpendicular to the floor. The post on the waist clip should have been L-Shaped so the wheel sits at the proper height. It's slightly lower than the 4H sculpted, but not horrible.

    2) Her ponytail should have been articulated. It was separately sculpted and glued. That was an easy miss and would have made for more dynamic posing. The glue ruins it. A ball joint would have been ideal, but even a cut joint could have been designed with what was already there. I had a "Stratos' wings" moment with her ponytail.

    3) All the magic girls should have had legit spellcasting hands with accompanying ball-wrist articulation (Frosta, Glimmer, Casta, Shokoti, etc). If they are going to not give the ladies injection molded ankles, rocker ankles, or a proper boot cut joint, they should get SOMETHING extra, that lends to easy re-use. Monster High gets this, but they don't?

    4) The wheel was a very easy action feature curiously omitted. Very slight engineering could have given us a working spinning wheel without ruining the aesthetic. This wasn't a Sorceress-level risk.

    Casta is a fantastic figure, but these 4 very easy options could have elevated her from fantastic to "best of the year" status. The girls always fall short creatively that way. Hard to complain about a great figure with tons of detail from the toy and toon, striking the best balance since Bow. It feels like I am calling out Mattel for not making Casta 110% great, instead of 100%, but these are easy misses.

    Oh, her face seems to photograph a different shade, but in sunlight, you will not notice at all. Every picture I took felt like I was taking shots of a different toy. The shade difference is really negligible. When I thought I could take the pics illustrating this confidently, they came out...otherwise LOL.
    i agree with pretty much everything you say here.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

  12. #137
    Quester JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,812
    Just for fun - I made an animated gif of all the cast-off attempts at the "super-charged" Casta pic I did.


  13. #138
    Heroic Warrior Jeevesosiris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield, UK
    Posts
    1,522
    That looks amazing Jon Wes!
    The Lurkiest

    **Scott please make me a Staghorn**

  14. #139
    Quester JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,812
    Thanks! I moved it to the right thread, now. LOL. I have no idea why I put it in the Glimmer thread! Getting absent minded!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •