Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Castaspella Discussion Thread

well, she is who I want most of who's left in POP (ignoring Sea Hawk), more than Frosta, ect.

But my love and respect for her come from Filmation, and as such, I dont care one whit about a disc. That being said, I am completely fine with it existing and comming with the toy, but I would want at very least a doable displayable version without the disc, so no hole in her hair in back, ect.

Not really sure how that disk on the back is going to work if the hair is going to be in the way. I suppose they could make the clip attach to Casta's waist.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    well, she is who I want most of who's left in POP (ignoring Sea Hawk), more than Frosta, ect.

But my love and respect for her come from Filmation, and as such, I dont care one whit about a disc. That being said, I am completely fine with it existing and comming with the toy, but I would want at very least a doable displayable version without the disc, so no hole in her hair in back, ect.
    I have to agree, while I personal can't stand the huge disc on her pack I'm fine with it being included in MOTUC as long as it doesn't effect the look of the figure when posed without it.

I'd like to see a small disc made into a shield like the style guide.

The 4H seem to be going with a style guide design with some vintage toy touches so it'll be interesting to see how they handle this disc, since it's not so little.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    If they make that disk, then it should be removeable. Personally, I'd be fine if she comes without it. But it would be cool to be able to display her with it or without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    Not really sure how that disk on the back is going to work if the hair is going to be in the way. I suppose they could make the clip attach to Casta's waist.
    the only way i see them doing the the disk on her back is have her pony tail be molded up and over the disk. kinda like how Jewelstar's hair is done, but with more hair.
    and then if the disk isn't to big it could still plug into the back by popping off her head.
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

I have no love for the disc, so making it removable would be the best way to go. I do think I could warm up to it, though, if they made it out of some sparkly/transluscent plastic...

I'm sure it'll be awesome, whatever they decide. Castaspella rocks and I'd really like BOTH Vintage Toy and Filmation decos!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I certainly hope she comes with it, but I also hope it's removable--doing so maximizes the displayability options, thereby maximizing the likelihood that more folks will buy her!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

The absence of the disk is one of my great MOTUC fears. That, and not getting Casta at all!

How to handle it, I couldn't begin to say.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

I'm all for Casta to be in MOTUC, more than any other female GR character. I'd pick her Filmation look, those colors would make her stand out even more in toy form. As for the disc, I'd also say a clip on attachment from her waist is a great way to do it. Her hair can lie in the space between her body and the disc and it must rotate. Hope she's after Frosta!!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Would prefer she come with the back disc, but seeing the way they handled the Sorceress, I'm not confident they can find a way to pull it off without doing something awful with her hair or have it so that her articulation is not hindered drastically. The style guide wrist thing is cool, and could see that working better for a MOTUC action figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Why question is how you "see the disk". Was it a disk or was it a representation of her magic? I want disks on her wrists because they were in the style guide and toon as physical objects. For the one on her back, i don't want a circle, but rather a clip on magic effect in the shape of the vintage toy sticker, molded clear like stained glass and washed with metallics to pop. Two heads: static (rests along the disc) and windblown (when using/spinning the disc). Spellcastics hands and podium with spellbook with "comb bookmark". The podium would be a great accessory piece for other wizards like Orko and Shadow Weaver.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

In regards to Castaspellas accessories, she never really had any as her action figure ( the disc on her back?). I think standard would be a shield, her wrist gauntlets in the Filmation series was her source of magical energy, and she used them in a few episodes, maybe some sort of energy burst or blast affect, and I found in one of the golden books "too long at the fair " some shots of some magic wands that she possesses, some of them cool in design, others not so much. Also I came across an interesting fact in That golden book, which might help explain her wavering allegience to the great rebellion, read it here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...94#post3142194

or if the 4H are interested in keeping it to some more relevant to a more known media source, they could give here the wizards wand, a powerful artifact from the filmation series

and these are her magical wrist gaunlets
    Last edited by facet; October 18, 2012 at 02:07pm. Reason: added pics

I'm ready for more POP, and Casta would be a great addition to the line. (I'm excited to get them all.) I'm sure they'll go with her Filmation look, but I would love to get a Vintage version as well, honestly.

Hey, what does her cousin look like? Did she appear in that book, Facet? ...I'll go look...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Snappy Threader
    She would be quite a great addition to the line, I figure we will see her soon.

I love Castaspella and can't wait for her to be released! I am hoping for a 2013 release. I think it will happen, as Glimmer, the arguably more-requested Great Rebellion figure, is much more of a "sub lure" figure that might be held for 2014.

I searched but couldnīt find Castaspellas official MOTUC thread but what i wanted to say or think it could be fits in here as well:

Looking at the pictures from NYTF 2013 i think her ponytail is articulated!

On her Matty preview picture- which is the same that was leaked- her ponytail looks to the side but now it looks to the left and there seems to be a gap after her bun!

*Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I think you're right Niki! That would be great. I'm really looking forward to her. She was tied for 3rd most wanted POP with Mermista & she'll arrive right on my birthday! I love the effect she has & that her shield is included. The only thing I can hope for is hooker red lipstick other than that she is perfect.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Please, please put slits on the side of her skirt. I don't understand why they didn't do it with Netossa and now Casta. Is it me or does she look super buff? Love the sheild and her face sculpt, she is beautiful.

Hopefully it's just a waist attachment and not like Sy-clones disc

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    I think you're right Niki! That would be great. I'm really looking forward to her. She was tied for 3rd most wanted POP with Mermista & she'll arrive right on my birthday! I love the effect she has & that her shield is included. The only thing I can hope for is hooker red lipstick other than that she is perfect.
    I like the face and the make up as it is right now. With all the colors, another one would be to much, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Please, please put slits on the side of her skirt. I don't understand why they didn't do it with Netossa and now Casta. Is it me or does she look super buff? Love the sheild and her face sculpt, she is beautiful.
    I was hoping for slits on the sides but to be fair her skirt is a bit wider as Netossas, at least it looks like that on the pictures.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

The worst part of this reveal is knowing that we will have to wait til 2014 for another Pop character. Can't wait for Glimmer, Peekablue, Mermista, Sweet Bee, etc.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I thought I would be more excited. was my expectations too high? has her coolness not fully set in yet? or is it that wheel?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Castaspella is HOT!

PLEASE Mattel - PAINT her face as you did with Evil-Lyn, Teela, Netossa, Tallstar, Adora and Sorceress - NO BUTTER FACE!!!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar