Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How should Mattel handle Wonder Bread/Savage He-Man

Heroic Warrior

How should Mattel handle Wonder Bread/Savage He-Man

If Mattel gets around to making WB/Savage He-Man how should they go about his bio? Should he be a savage warrior from the past? An ancestor of He-Man? An alternate universe version of He-Man? Maybe even a future descendant of He-Man.

What would you like for Mattel to do?

Well, what ARE they exactly?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think they should just keep the same exact bio for any alternate version of normal He-Man and not try to explain it. Only explain stuff like Battle Armor/Snake Armor/Ice Armor/Horde Armor/Thunder Punch/Flying Fists/ NA. Anything else is bluntly just normal He-Man. Just change the bio-picture.

Personally, I'd rather them making the jungle barbarian look from He-Man and the Power Sword. Use the normal MOTUC He-Man, but make bare forearms (They can use for Sy-Klone), bare feet (a Stratos re-deco???) and (Sy-Klone again) bare calves and a loincloth with no belt. Have him come with a primitive spear. 5 new parts with 3 being used elsewhere.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Eternia's breadmaker.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Alternate Universe savage who, instead of gaining the Power of Grayskull, becomes a Cosmic Enforcer.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    No Bio at all. Maybe they could write a little bit about the origin of this figure, or if nothing is known, they could write at least some rumors. To me Wonderbread/Savage He-Man is not really a part of the MOTU Universe. He was a kind of gimmick and it should stay that way IMO.

Thats funny my bro and I were discussing the same thing this morning. Lets just have him be a repaint version of he man for a re-release he man. I do hope they have him in this line.

Heroic Master Of Bad Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Eternia's breadmaker.
    LOL. That's a good one!
    We are ka-tet. We are one from many

Don't hesitate in make deals with: JeMaBo2, air23cnhit.

I think his bio should be just like the origin of the 80's figure...Unknown!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think they should just keep the same exact bio for any alternate version of normal He-Man and not try to explain it. Only explain stuff like Battle Armor/Snake Armor/Ice Armor/Horde Armor/Thunder Punch/Flying Fists/ NA. Anything else is bluntly just normal He-Man. Just change the bio-picture.

Personally, I'd rather them making the jungle barbarian look from He-Man and the Power Sword. Use the normal MOTUC He-Man, but make bare forearms (They can use for Sy-Klone), bare feet (a Stratos re-deco???) and (Sy-Klone again) bare calves and a loincloth with no belt. Have him come with a primitive spear. 5 new parts with 3 being used elsewhere.
    100% agree with you. Jungle-barbarian He-Man is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by tsubasamaxi View Post
    LOL. That's a good one!
    Thanks. His tagline could be: "Master Of Wonder (Get it? )

If I were in charge of the Bios, I think I would play up the idea that he's sort of a mystery man on Eternia, who everyone realizes bears a resemblance to He-Man, but disappears before anyone can find any information about him...lol
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I've always imagined WB He-Man as coming from an alternate reality but I agree that no bio would keep the mystery of the figure alive. I really have grown to like the mythology of this figure and really hope we get one.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

I like this too. I can pose him with the green goddess and his armour.

The shouldn't try to fit him in to a cannon, just do a stand alone bio based on the original mini comic.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

There is no such of thing (figure), so why they need to make one? IMO: waste of time & money.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    There is no such of thing (figure), so why they need to make one? IMO: waste of time & money.
    Can't the same be said for the green goddess?

I really like what MegaGearMax suggested. just have him look like the barbarian from the 1st mini-comic. i think that would be so cool
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Well they had him on display (the original one that is) at the Mattle booth and showed a picture of him during the presentation for the announcement of MOTUC at one of the cons last year, so that kind of suggests they are planning on releasing him as a repaint, I's say most likely an exclusive or bonus figure.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I say, make him an alternate universe He-man, from a darker, less technological, more savage Eternia.

That's what he is, isn't he?

I say, make him an alternate universe He-man, from a darker, less technological, more savage Eternia.

That's what he is, isn't he?
    Last edited by Predabot; February 11, 2009 at 05:29pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    Can't the same be said for the green goddess?
    Some people aren't down with anything that wasn't originally in the 80's toyline.

First of all, I think they will have plenty of He-Man and Skeletor Variants to do before getting to, what amounts to be the He-Man from the Star Trek Episode "Mirror Mirror". Instead of wasting time and money on a Wonder Savage HeMan, make another Human character. The Eternain Soldier or something. Or the Butcher or the Candlestick maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Captjhan View Post
    First of all, I think they will have plenty of He-Man and Skeletor Variants to do before getting to, what amounts to be the He-Man from the Star Trek Episode "Mirror Mirror". Instead of wasting time and money on a Wonder Savage HeMan, make another Human character. The Eternain Soldier or something. Or the Butcher or the Candlestick maker.
    Repaints wouldn't interfere with any monthly slots, so they could easily release a Wonder Bread He-Man and a new character.

If anything, just get Wonder Bread He-Man out of the way.

My preference would be that they don't try to fit him into the canon/continuity. Release him as an exclusive or bonus with the same bio as regular He-Man.

Heroic Warrior
    Just release him. That's that.

A bio is unecessary; leave the bio's for the characters that NEED them.

I may be one of the few, if any on this board who says this, but I hope they never make a "Savage/Wonderbread He-Man". Considering we are getting 1 figure a month, that "character" is so obscure, it is little known to the casual fan. Even if we were to get 2 figures a month, I think there are a lot of better choices of obscure characters to be done. Like Tallstar, or Scare Glow. I don't think even Mattel considers WBHM part of canon. But if he must be made, then just keep the same bio and offer him as an alternative He-Man.