Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MOTUC Stinkor Speculation and Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

Stinkor - Beastman body reuse?

Instead of a Mer-Man body, do you think Mattel/4HM would use Beastman's body for Stinkor? I think it would work very well as it will have the furr. Also I would like a new sculpted head.

Any thoughts?

I think if we do see Stinkor it will have Mer-mans second head I'd like to see it have beast mans body up to the elbows and knees then Skeletors forearms and knees if that is even possible.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Maybe old Beasties body w/ Merman's Head, but my point is I really hope he stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    I think if we do see Stinkor it will have Mer-mans second head I'd like to see it have beast mans body up to the elbows and knees then Skeletors forearms and knees if that is even possible.
    That could look pretty cool. Anyone really good with photoshop? I'm OK with Mattel reusing MerMan's classic toy head for Stinkor. I would really like him to stink, but I doubt that will happen...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

It better have mermans body and it better stink. Stinking is not an action feature. They should be able to make it happen affordably.

Mike Bock did a Photoshop manip of Merman's head into Stinkor's and it looks pretty amazing:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Funny picture...I don't think the Merman body actually makes sense for this figure, but I expect it because it seems that Mattel is trying to keep as close to the original brand as possible. It would make much more sense to make Stinkor's body from Beastman, but seriously, we are talking about Mattel.
    With that being said, I don't think that an actual "Stink" scent on the figure would be a "Action Feature" per Se, so it should not be outside the realm of possibility to get this included with the figure.
    :2/16/2010:
    I try to forget but the pain won't go away. Never forget, Never forgive.

Famous last words: "But I had a coupon!"

After all this is a collector line, and its not like we're all little kids and will be putting the figs in our mouths.
    So poisoning etc. should not be an issue. Well I may just take a little taste.

Widget
    then just buy a bottle of petchuly (sp?) oil and spray him. I'ld rather not have my house smell like pot and ass.

Quote Originally Posted by thorr View Post
    then just buy a bottle of petchuly (sp?) oil and spray him. I'ld rather not have my house smell like pot and ass.
    LOL...Stinkor's stuff is the best. Apparently he gets it from Mossman--plenty of access to the organic stuff.
    :2/16/2010:
    I try to forget but the pain won't go away. Never forget, Never forgive.

Famous last words: "But I had a coupon!"

I'm okay with it being Mer-Man, but Beast Man would make sense since it's furry. I do hope we get more then just a repaint on the armor though. An individual sculpt would be nice for that.

As long as it has the classic repainted Mer-Man head, I'll be happy!

I'd like him to be a re-painted Mer-Man with a second head that looks like Stinkor from MYP. The Beast-Man body is a custom I plan to do

Quote Originally Posted by thorr View Post
    Brilliant!
    Stinkor made all my MOTU figures smell when I was young

I would just like to see most figures, the ones possible to produce, classic, just like their 80s counterpart!

Speeking of Stinkor.
    I have a complete+ Staction collection (well almost, I miss three of them), now,
    Stinkor came alone. And Jitsu had Odiphus with him.
    Hmm, wasn't the reason, that Odiphus didn't follow Stinkor that it would be too expensive to produce?!
    To me Jitsu must have cost a whole lot more to produce than our beloved Stinkor, no?!

Maybe you guys have spoken about this before, and you'll probably have, but I have been dormant for some time, haven't been around, but I'm awoken by the release of the two new figures, which I RIGHT NOW am waiting for in sweet suffering, awaiting my packadge from the magnificant United States containing both two He-man and two Beastman ... hell yeah!

Can't wait for Skeletor..!
    Last edited by Squid; December 7, 2008 at 04:45am.

He'd be one buff Stinkor. LOL Kind of a cool idea, actually.

It should be Mer-Man, afterall we do want them to stay true to the original line, and what this line is all about isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Mike Bock did a Photoshop manip of Merman's head into Stinkor's and it looks pretty amazing:

wow that is REALLY well done. i was hesitating at first but i can DEF see that head as stinkor now.

even though stinkor didnt use beast man's body originally i REALLY think he should do so now due the the dif in sculpting between merman and beast man.

and he should look great with mekanek's armor as well
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfTheUK View Post
    It should be Mer-Man, afterall we do want them to stay true to the original line, and what this line is all about isnt it?
    I think the main reason Mer-Man came with two heads was because Mattel always planned to use the Mer-man classic head for Stinkor. Otherwise, I doubt they would have commissioned two heads to be made. It was a savvy move on their part, because they knew collectors would be more apt to buy two figures (I know I will be!), and they could also justify the expense of making the head because they would continue to make money from that mold with Stinkor sales.

That Merman head being reused for Stinkor is A-ok in my book. Looks great.

Thanks for the pic, Mike!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I think the main reason Mer-Man came with two heads was because Mattel always planned to use the Mer-man classic head for Stinkor. Otherwise, I doubt they would have commissioned two heads to be made. It was a savvy move on their part, because they knew collectors would be more apt to buy two figures (I know I will be!), and they could also justify the expense of making the head because they would continue to make money from that mold with Stinkor sales.
    haha quoted for truth more than likely. i would not doubt one sec this was the REAL reason they "threw the fans a bone". lol i will take it and like it though
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I would prefer Beastman's body, with an all-new head, based on Mer-man's.

Hey, if other characters get to have unique heads, then why doesn't Stinkor? You could do the same as with Mer-man if it's too much of an issue, and include a regular repaint-head in there.

Heroic Warrior
    I wouldnt mind this idea. They could make 2 heads available as well.

Mike Bock's pic looks amazing! I am totally cool with using MM's head for Stinkor. I don't particularly care which body they use, really. I just hope his armor looks nifty. Maybe they could start with Mekanek armor, but add some gas tanks, as I really enjoyed that aspect of his 200X version.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Yeah, the gas tanks were really cool. I would be okay with Mekaneck's armor with those additions, even though ideally I'd like a whole new sculpt of armor. I liked the spin that 4H did on the 200X design in general, really.

Heroic Warrior
    It better have mermans body and it better stink. Stinking is not an action feature.

oh, I beg to differ! lol