Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MOTUC Stinkor Speculation and Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Yeah, the gas tanks were really cool. I would be okay with Mekaneck's armor with those additions, even though ideally I'd like a whole new sculpt of armor. I liked the spin that 4H did on the 200X design in general, really.
    Giving each figure their own unique armor would be an easy way for Mattel to create a more individual look for each character given the body parts reuse. Fingers crossed here…but even if it's Mekaneck's armor with a few changes/additions here and there that would be cool too. He's certainly got to have the gas tanks…i'd be interesting to see how it would look in this "new" classics style.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I like the idea of Beast Man's body for Stinkor because of the fur, but I don't know if it would work because Beast Man's lower arms have the arm bands at the wrist which don't really go with Stinkor. I thought about a mix and match, but having furry legs and torso and plain arms probably wouldn't look good. Plus, Beast Man is kind of hunched with a neck that juts forward which also might not suit Stinkor.

All that said, I'm good no matter what Mattel chooses to do, so long as we get Stinkor eventually.

A big fan of Slush Head
    I wonder if they are going to give Stinkor and Mekaneck soft armors.
    Cause I don't think hard plastic should be a an option. These figures have too many points of articulation.
    I am thinking something similar to 200x Fisto's armor.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Official MOTUC Stinkor Speculation and Discussion Thread

Here's the thing. The old Merman had a face that looked like a green Skunk.
    I love what they did to the new head. It has a more piranha look to it. I like it way more than I expected.

Now the problem. I feel that the head for Stinkor would look like a black and white fish, caused by the stuff around the eyes, the barracuda teeth but especially the lack of a nose:

Don't get me wrong, I still want it, because of vintage/tribute reasons. But I would love a 200X or at least a more Skunk face as an extra head.

Don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    I love what they did to the new head. It has a more piranha look to it. I like it way more than I expected.

Now the problem. I feel that the head for Stinkor would look like a black and white fish, caused by the stuff around the eyes, the barracuda teeth but especially the lack of a nose:

Don't get me wrong, I still want it, because of vintage/tribute reasons. But I would love a 200X or at least a more Skunk face as an extra head.

Don't you?

If it came down to an extra head, or the figure having a scent, I couldn't care less about him having an extra head.
    But both would be awesome, and otherwise, I feel like they haven't let us down yet.

i would be okay with him having the same head. his lack of a nose could help explain why he can put up with his own overwhelming stench, which he should not be immune to since he was not born with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    i would be okay with him having the same head. his lack of a nose could help explain why he can put up with his own overwhelming stench, which he should not be immune to since he was not born with it.
    LOL, that would be a good explanation if we would only get one head

I'd rather him be stinky than come with an extra head, but if they can do both, I wouldn't say no.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, a 200X head is needed. Skunkor should look like a mammal, not a fish.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post

Don't you?

There really isn't much difference between vintage Stinkor and 200X Stinkor's heads. I'd rather Stinkor have his tank than an extra head or a smell. (I don't need action features)

I'm assuming that the 4H will add the gas canisters onto Mekaneck's armor.
    The gloves and boots will probably be a combo of Stratos' arms and legs with Mer-Man's forearms and hands.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 11, 2009 at 05:26pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Stinkor doesn't need another head. They already made the right head for him. I'd rather see Mattel spend the money needed to make sure Stinkor has his smell.
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I definitely think Stinkor should have a new skunk-like head. Stinkor only has one single accessory anyway, so I don't see how they wouldn't be able to make an extra head as well, and not just the stink.

And here's a good question..! Do we actually WANT him to stink?? How powerful is the odor actually? I've heard all sorts of stories trough the years here on the .org, and sometimes it seems almost all-powerful. ( He-man better watch out! When this bad-boy joins Skelly, he won't need to lay a single punch to knock He-man out)

I used to want his staction to stink, but I'm not so sure anymore...

I'd rather him have a new head than the smell. Ideally, I'd want both, but I prefer the different head over the smell. Unless they give him a gas mask, then the mouth won't be such a big deal for me.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I have a feeling that, aside from exclusives, the Horsemen won't reuse heads for unique characters. Yeah Merman and Stinkor shared heads in the classic lines, but as others have mentioned the classics MerMan head is much fishier due to the added detail. I wouldn't be surprised if Stinkor had a unique more mammalian head and I also think it would be cool to use the furry Beastman/Stratos parts for texture.

Evil Master of Arcades Gamutstreet's Avatar
    Smell only please.
    Always remember the dark days of 2004 with no new MOTU in sight...

Only 4 more that need updating:

Saurod, Blast Attak
    Dragstor, Multi-Bot

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I don't think he needs a second head for the 200x look. I think if they included a removable gas mask, that's all you'd need.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I'm REALLY hoping that all figures like he and Moss Man just get their own original head.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I'd like to see an extra, more skunk like head. Doesn't have to be 200X design, I'd love to see something like the original but pushed more... mammilian? Is that a word?

They could include the Merman toy head as the original.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Stinkor has always been one of my favorite characters. I never liked how they made Stinkor sensitive to his own scent, the vintage one didn't have that problem in his mini comic. I always assumed that Stinkor was born that way much like a real skunk is.

I like Stinkors vintage/Merman head. I like Mer Man's card back head and feel since MM has that head, Stinkor should keep his vintage one. Regardless, I always thought that head looked more like a cat then a fish or a skunk but I like it on Stinkor.

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    I like the staction head better, but I want the smell more than a extra head.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Stinkor looks similar to a skunk and is obviously influenced by what a real skunk looks like, but he's from Eternia, which probably wouldn't have such an animal. Therefore, I don't see the need for his face to look like a skunk's.

I'd be fine with no extra head and no stink. Or an extra head and still no stink. Or just no stink.

I would rather a head closer to the 200x one and the gas tanks. But I hope he smells too.

I agree with what another member said on the forums, Stinkor and Moss Man, while in the vintage line were only repaints, should have their own unique head in the Classics line.
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I'm REALLY hoping that all figures like he and Moss Man just get their own original head.
    Yeah, I really hope Faker was the exception not the rule, and that each individual character will have a unique head sculpt. I understand and appreciate the use of part sharing in MOTUC, but reusing heads would really take away from the individuality of characters like Moss Man & Stinkor. In a line that has already established the use of extra heads I really hope the 4H & Mattel use the feature whenever appropriate.

No need for another head in my opinion.

The Mer-Man head is fine. Best to save the tooling dollars for a figure who really needs an extra head.

Like Two-Bad.