Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MOTUC Stinkor Speculation and Discussion Thread

I thought Mike Bock did a great job showing what the repainted head could look like:

I really hope the figure doesn't have the stink. That would keep me from buying it.

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Whats wrong with the stink guys?
    The original had it.
    It was/is one of my favorite things about Stinkor(and Moss Man).

He has to have his smell
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Raining Light View Post
    Because I don't want to smell it all the time. I have my MOTUC figures set up near my computer and every time I sit at it I'm not that interested in getting a big whiff of Stinkor.

Like I said, I'll absolutely not buy the figure if it has the smell. Same for Mossman.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I thought Mike Bock did a great job showing what the repainted head could look like:

I really hope the figure doesn't have the stink. That would keep me from buying it.

Thanks a lot man!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Because I don't want to smell it all the time. I have my MOTUC figures set up near my computer and every time I sit at it I'm not that interested in getting a big whiff of Stinkor.

Like I said, I'll absolutely not buy the figure if it has the smell. Same for Mossman.

I'd hate to be Mattel, always trying to make us happy but no matter what someone is gonna hate them.

I guess just stick with the staction, I want that smell!
    Thats what makes him who he is.
    I can live without it but...

BTW I dont mean to come off rude or anything like that.
    We just differ in out prefrences and enjoyment.
    Maybe you can wash off his scent some how.
    It would be a shame for you to pass on what I am sure will be a great figure just, cause of a smell.
    Last edited by Raining Light; February 11, 2009 at 08:46pm.

Maybe you can wash off his scent some how.
    Maybe you can roll yours in something nasty? Or buy a can of "fart spray" and give him a blast.

It doesn't matter, because he likely won't smell. Mattel, I believe, already said so. Plus you have people that have allergies or sensitivities to odors/chemicals.And Mattel has had enough hassles, that I can't see them wanting to invite another.

Maybe you can roll yours in something nasty? Or buy a can of "fart spray" and give him a blast.

It doesn't matter, because he likely won't smell. Mattel, I believe, already said so. Plus you have people that have allergies or sensitivities to odors/chemicals.And Mattel has had enough hassles, that I can't see them wanting to invite another.
    Well they are talking of trying to give Moss Man his smell, so...

And I dont want to have to spray him ever day-lol. But Im sure you dont want to have to wash him off all the time either.
    Maybe they can offer 1 with and 1 without. Since it wouldnt cost retooling or anything, just chemical spray or whatever.
    Dont know how they would do this but hey I dont know how to make figures.

i want him to come with ODIPHUS!(my spelling is bad) i love that he was this timid lil guy in the 2002 series. make him a pack in JUST LIKE the staction or give him a little articulation. i think that would be PERFECT!!!!

i dont want/need a new head. give him a gas mask and you'll never know plus the armor covers most of his face

i dont need him to stink either as i dont need my toys to smell. that will get old fast in my office.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

You know my Stinkor as a child never had a strong smell.
    Only if I was playing close to my face or was purposely smelling him(and Moss Man) did I notice it.
    Maybe mine was just weak compared to others.
    But if it was like my 80s toy he'd never be stinking up a room or anything like that.
    He never did in the 80s why would he have to be that strong now?

But yes he should come with Odiphus, or someone should.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    i want him to come with ODIPHUS!(my spelling is bad) i love that he was this timid lil guy in the 2002 series. make him a pack in JUST LIKE the staction or give him a little articulation. i think that would be PERFECT!!!!

i dont want/need a new head. give him a gas mask and you'll never know plus the armor covers most of his face

i dont need him to stink either as i dont need my toys to smell. that will get old fast in my office.
    Great idea!!!! He does need to come with Odiphus!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian30 View Post
    I don't think he needs a second head for the 200x look. I think if they included a removable gas mask, that's all you'd need.
    Not a bad point. I want the tanks and all that fun 200X jazz, as i loved the new take on Stinkor. If they can add all that, make him smelly (highly important to me!), and throw in an Odiphous, I would just about have the warmest cockles around! ...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Same here. I like Stinkor and Moss Man, but I won't buy them if they stink.

I think we have enough nostalgia from this line, 200X, and the commemorative series. MOTUC doesn't need everything that the '80s line had.

The original had it.
    It was/is one of my favorite things about Stinkor(and Moss Man).

He has to have his smell
    I know what you're saying, but the originals had a lot of things, but I don't think that means MOTUC needs them all. Smell would be one of them I don't think it needs.

I would MUCH rather see the tooling money go to something else, like Odiphus, or a gas mask like Pixel Dan said.. Or even to another figure that I think needs the tooling money more.. If it came down to it, I would much rather have attachable spider legs on Webstor over a second head for Stinky pete.

I love Stinkor, but that head is already perfect IMO.
    www.mattycollector.com

Faker Coming March 16th
    Mer-Man Coming April 15th
    Zodac May 15th
    Hordak June 15th
    Man-At-Arms July 15th
    Tri-Klops August 17th

With Stinkor being my favorite character, I'm fine with the Mer Man repaint head. Mattel needs to know that a vast majority of Stinkor fans want their MOTUC figure to stink!!

Does anybody know what scent Mattel used for the classic version? Is it possible, as an accessory, to include a little bottle of the "classic scent" so fans have the option to use it or not?
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Didn't they already tell us there would be NO stink?

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    With Stinkor being my favorite character, I'm fine with the Mer Man repaint head. Mattel needs to know that a vast majority of Stinkor fans want their MOTUC figure to stink!!

Does anybody know what scent Mattel used for the classic version? Is it possible, as an accessory, to include a little bottle of the "classic scent" so fans have the option to use it or not?
    I'm pretty sure I've read here (and it's been a long time) that they made the smell my infusing the plastic with patchouli oil.
    If you find something patchouli scented, maybe a candle at target or something, take a wiff of that bad boy, and you'll get an instant trip down memory lane.

And I think a lot of us are on the same page then, as far as Stinkor stinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Didn't they already tell us there would be NO stink?
    They did, but the said the same thing about Moss Man, and at the panel the 4H said they're looking into how to give him his pine scent.

The more I look at that repaint of Mer Man's head,
    it just looks wrong some how.
    I think it's the mouth.

Do they have to do a 2nd head?
    No.
    But I would take one.

On the other hand, if they keep that head and add the gas mask and tanks I would be happy with that.

And the smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
    Yes, a 200X head is needed. Skunkor should look like a mammal, not a fish.
    Agree. Stinkor
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

I love Stinkor and was one of my faves growing up.

I think they should be able to go all out for Stinkor as I believe all his parts are already made unless mek comes after.
    I wouldnt mind two heads for Stinkor they already have one.
    Gas tanks/face mask/tubing are fun, I just hope that they are removable. I personally never cared for all that.
    I really really want smell for Stinkor,I dont recall the original toy ever being overpowering.

Even if Stinkor is a straight up repaint,I dont think it will take away from his individuality,but knowing the horsemen he wont be a straight up repaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Same here. I like Stinkor and Moss Man, but I won't buy them if they stink.

I think we have enough nostalgia from this line, 200X, and the commemorative series. MOTUC doesn't need everything that the '80s line had.

I know what you're saying, but the originals had a lot of things, but I don't think that means MOTUC needs them all. Smell would be one of them I don't think it needs.
    I couldn't disagree more. In fact I may not buy them if they don't smell. If they make him stink and give us two heads then great but if they have to choose one or the other then I'd strongly prefer that he stink.

Movie mayhem!
    yes imo he should.

I think the head is fine, but the pirahna teeth would have to be painted differently. I can't believe so many people are anti the smell - patchouli oil is awesome - I love that Stinkor smell. The toy should have it.

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MC Modulok View Post
    I can't believe so many people are anti the smell - patchouli oil is awesome - I love that Stinkor smell. The toy should have it.
    I'm not against the smell, I think it would be a great touch of added nostalgia. But it will vanish eventually - my vintage Stinkor does not smell anymore from 10 years ago maybe, lol. So using the $$ to add an extra head wouldn't be such a bad idea, to please the 200x fans (I'm going to use the "mer-man'ish" head anyway); you could buy patchouli oil and bath the AF into it to add the scent.

Heroic Warrior
    Mark me as one who does not want him to smell. Even if giving up the smell meant we wouldn't get anything in return I'd still want no smell. I display my figures in a display cabinet and I'm not keen on the cabinet getting stunk up. Now, if the smell is very mild to where you can only smell it if you put it close to your nose then I'd be okay with that. Don't get me wrong, I'll buy the figure either way, just would prefer no stink.

Heroic Warrior
    new head for me please!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    Here's the thing. The old Merman had a face that looked like a green Skunk.
    I love what they did to the new head. It has a more piranha look to it. I like it way more than I expected.

Now the problem. I feel that the head for Stinkor would look like a black and white fish, caused by the stuff around the eyes, the barracuda teeth but especially the lack of a nose:

Don't get me wrong, I still want it, because of vintage/tribute reasons. But I would love a 200X or at least a more Skunk face as an extra head.

Don't you?