Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MOTUC Stinkor Speculation and Discussion Thread

Release Stinkor with a retooled head, classic armor and stink. None of the 200x gas bottles and mask concept, please.

Have the figure come with some kind of scented packet or something. You can either apply the scent or not, up to you. That way, everybody's happy and can have them the way they want.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

i could go either way with the patchouli scent. i like the smell and i used to love stinkor as a kid partly because of the smell. but my love for the character has been established now - if released, i'd buy him with or without the scent. but it would be nice to have a way for those with allergies to be able to enjoy stinkor as well.

Heroic Warrior
    Two heads are better than one. I'd like two head - classic and 200x

Heroic Warrior
    The Mer-Man head sculpt is fine with me. I'd love for the figure to have the "stench of evil", though.
    ne jabba no badda!

Heroic Warrior
    lets see.... on one hand I could have an extra head that would make sense and have my skunk monster man actually look like a skunk instead of a fish....
    or I can have a rancid smelling figure that in time will loose all scent and basically be a waste of production money

A big fan of Slush Head
    Stinkor definitely needs two heads, but I feel the classic head still works fine.
    The horsemen knew how to do it in order for it to work.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I'm not bothered about the stink ether way and I really think Stinkor and Beastman wont come with re-sculpted heads.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Now thatI saw the 200X version next to the repaint, and Mike B.s repaint (not my mspaint attempt) they aren't that much different when the mouth would be covered with the inhaler. But I still like a new head and the Merman thrown in as an extra. It is free, right? No tooling needed since it is already there... or is that reverse logic?

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Give him his tanks on his back with the gas mask & hoses like the 200x version. make him with the 'furry' molds from Stratos/beastman, except the hands & feet. give him his own head rather than repainting a fish guy head for a mammalian character. and throw in a little Odephus figure along with his blue shield.

No actual stink, please. My nose doesn't work anyway, so I've never been able to smell Stinkor's 'stench'. Just make a great Stinkor action figure and I can always just pretend he stinks ''worse than 100 skunks''. I don't need Stinkor & mossman to actually have an odor...it's kind of a waste imo. I'd rather have more parts & accessories than making figure smell bad.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Anybody that wants the patchouli stench. They sell it at Bed Bath Beyond or Yankee Candle. You might even find it in liquid form. Just go grab it!

Yes Stinkor should have two heads…a straight up repainted head of Mer Man's like the original and a head that's more akin to the staction from a few years back. If they go that extra mile with Stinkor, I think it's possible that he might also have a more unique armor like the staction did as well. At the very least just add some tanks to the back of the armor. I don't really care either way about the stink smell. If I want it, I can always just get some patchouli oil.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    Give him his tanks on his back with the gas mask & hoses like the 200x version. make him with the 'furry' molds from Stratos/beastman, except the hands & feet. give him his own head rather than repainting a fish guy head for a mammalian character. and throw in a little Odephus figure along with his blue shield.

No actual stink, please. My nose doesn't work anyway, so I've never been able to smell Stinkor's 'stench'. Just make a great Stinkor action figure and I can always just pretend he stinks ''worse than 100 skunks''. I don't need Stinkor & mossman to actually have an odor...it's kind of a waste imo. I'd rather have more parts & accessories than making figure smell bad.
    I agree wholeheartedly with Paragraph One. Not so much with Paragraph Two, as I want smells!
    Oh, and I'm sorry about your olfactory situation, Multibot.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I just realized that if they base Stinkor off of the cardback art they'd use Beastmans body. I was hoping we'd see the furry parts used where appropriate, but we may get a more true-to-the-packaging version.

I am honestly cool w/ it being as close to the original (parts and all).
    My OLD Stinkor still smells. I would love it if they could make the new one smelly, too.
    Do they just spray the figure with chemical or is it embedded in the plastic or what? I doubt it works like the science of scratch and sniff stickers, but it might be similar.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I won't be able to get behind Mer-Man's head on the Beast Man body until I have Mer-Man in hand next month and give it a shot.

Really, I wouldn't mind reuse, but keep in mind, the bodies are slightly different so if Mekaneck's armor is designed around the He-Man body it might not look 100% on the Beast Man body. And so on.

Ideally, I'd say use the Beast Man body with new forearms/hands styled similar to the Staction, new lower legs, Mekaneck armor modified to fit gas tanks on his back, and a new head sculpt similar to, but not exactly like Mer-Man's if his doesn't look right as is.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    ugh.... i hope they make Stinkor look ALOT better than the old vintage one.

They should use furry beastman parts where appropriate, he's a skunk man afterall not a figgin fish! Why anyone wants Stinkor to use merman's parts is beyond me... Do mammals have gills?? I don't think so...

Merman has gills (the new one does anyway). I don't want a mammalian character to have fish/reptile parts when they have a furry torso/arms/legs already made. he could have the skeletor hands/forearms & skeletor calves/feet, but the rest of him should be Beastman/stratos parts.

maybe the classic merman head repainted would be alright, but I'd much prefer a new head sculpt for Stinkor (and mossman). i don't want to have 2 characters with the same damn head.

put the front part of mechaneck's armor on him, give him the gas tanks on his back (which could also be used for Snout spout) and the oxygen hoses & gas mask to fit over his face. the back for mechanecks armor could be different from stinkor's, (the armor clips on & off anyway, so they could have Stinkor/snout spout share the back part of the armor for the oxygen tanks while mechaneck would have a diff back maybe from MAA armor to hold his club or other weapons he might come with). throw in his blue shield, and the 200x gun from the prototype stinkor figure and he's good to go.

Ditch the 'stink' odor... i don't need my action figures to have a smell, much less a bad one. I can pretend he smells bad, i don't need an actual odor to be there.

I just hope they make him right and not strictly stick with the vintage design or the vintage toy design. It's not the 80's, they can make these characters right rather than take the cheap way out on some of them.

For $20, it better be a whole new toy not a repainted Merman with mechaneck's armor. i think the character and us collectors deserve better than that.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

If Stinkor is just a Merman repaint, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

First, I don't even care much for Stinkor to begin with. He has always been the lamest character in MotU to me, and I'm just not a fan.

Now, if they used the Beast-Man body, and then did a Stinkor-specific head, I could be more onboard with the figure in MotUC.

A repainted Merman with Mekanek's armor didn't interest me in 1986 and it doesn't interest me now.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    I just realized that if they base Stinkor off of the cardback art they'd use Beastmans body. I was hoping we'd see the furry parts used where appropriate, but we may get a more true-to-the-packaging version.
    That just looks just horribly wrong, boots and gloves painted over fur and toes!

It just occurred to me...

It sounded like, from the Stratos review by Poe Ghostal, that the wrist bands on Beast-Man/Stratos are separate from the arm itself.

If so, then they could potentially be eliminated from a Stinkor figure.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    That just looks just horribly wrong, boots and gloves painted over fur and toes!
    Well don't forget they could use whatever hands they wanted to. I imagine they would use Skeletors clawed hands and Stratos' toeless feet. Besides there are tons of things that look "horribly wrong" on the classic designs: Stratos's feet, He-Man's fleshlets, and Skeletor and Zodac's finned/spiked forearms (which I can only assume were unpainted gloves).

Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    It just occurred to me...

It sounded like, from the Stratos review by Poe Ghostal, that the wrist bands on Beast-Man/Stratos are separate from the arm itself.

They are seperate, but there is an indentation on the forearm that the bracers fit onto. Simply removing them would leave an awkward trench between the hand and wrist, and whatever you put in there would have to be similarly shaped or oversized to fit over the rest of the forearm.
    Last edited by Battle_Brak; March 2, 2009 at 07:39pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm thinking Beastman body for sure, add the short gloves from the original proto, integrate the Skeletor boots somehow and keep the pointy feet and Mekanek's armor

Two heads, one more skunky, the other a Merman repaint, keeps everyone happy

Stinky is a necessity, it's what makes the original toy so endearing; the fact that the smell is engrained into the plastic and that it still smells 20 years later, I want the classics one to still smell 20 years from now

Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post

Yep, so they could replace the wrist band/wing piece with a gauntlet piece that slips snugly over the forearm, and then sculpt new hands to preserve the articulation.

If the line keeps selling out, there's no reason why we couldn't get AT LEAST that many new parts for Stinkor when we get to him.

Merman head, Beastman body, Stratos arms would make the most sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    Beastman body, Stratos arms
    Aside from the left hands, Beast Man arms = Stratos arms