Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MOTUC Stinkor Speculation and Discussion Thread

I just don't like that the stink will seep into other toys that are stored with or around him. Petuli oil is no joke. My Father-in-law still wears it and it permeates everything he owns. Seriously, I know when he has been in a room. I'm fine using my imagination on the smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post
    I'm fine using my imagination on the smell.
    I'm with you on this. A feature like that was fine when I was like 4 and I didn't care about the smell seeping into my big box of toys, but as an adult, I don't really need a smelly figure. I understand it was part of appeal when you were a kid, but I don't need that now.

Personally, I can't wait to get a Stinkor, he is just one of those guys that stands out in my head for some reason. (maybe it was the smell...)

Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    Well don't forget they could use whatever hands they wanted to. I imagine they would use Skeletors clawed hands and Stratos' toeless feet. Besides there are tons of things that look "horribly wrong" on the classic designs: Stratos's feet, He-Man's fleshlets, and Skeletor and Zodac's finned/spiked forearms (which I can only assume were unpainted gloves).

They are seperate, but there is an indentation on the forearm that the bracers fit onto. Simply removing them would leave an awkward trench between the hand and wrist, and whatever you put in there would have to be similarly shaped or oversized to fit over the rest of the forearm.
    Oh yeah I know they will use different parts, I was just laughing at the Stinkor art!! I`ve always thought was hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Aside from the left hands, Beast Man arms = Stratos arms
    Now I could say that I said it because of the left hand... But I thought Stratos arms were longer like the 200x one. I don't have Stratos yet, so I assumed wrong

Stinkor was my favorite figure growing up second to only Mer-man.I hope they use Mer-mans body minus the gills just like they did in the vintage line.They can make a second version utilizing the beastman body to create a 200x look ,though was he ever really that furry? I know in the 200x he had tufts of fur but wasnt covered in thick fur like beastman.I dont mind the tanks and mask so long as it is removeable.I know we will get a Mer-man head repaint, its just to easy not too and perhaps a more 200x mamalian head.He must smell.

From the german WTFWTK 1.05

If you want you could read here http://www.planeteternia.de/cgi-bin/...D=1497;sprID=1
    ToyGuru said...

{4) Wenn sie erscheinen sollten, werden Stinkor und Moss Man neue Köpfe erhalten, oder wie in den 80ern nur mit neubemalten Beast Man und Mer-Man Köpfen erscheinen?

Wahrscheinlich werden diese Charaktere jeweils sowohl einen neubemalten "Originalkopf" (von Beast Man und Mer-Man) erhalten, als auch einen neuen Kopf mit einem leichten 200x-Flair.}

That means
    Stinkor and Mossman will have a new original head and a modern head with 200x flair.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman79 View Post
    That means
    Stinkor and Mossman will have a new original head and a modern head with 200x flair.
    Beautiful! That's just what I like to hear. Thanks for the info Merman79.

Wow, that is exactly what I hoped for!

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    I'd likr for Stinkor to use most of Beast Man's body. The use of Skeletors lower arms (for the gloves) and Lower legs for the boots works for me. As long as he gets like Stratos feet or something of the like if they make them full boots and not just leg guards.
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

If you want you could read here http://www.planeteternia.de/cgi-bin/...D=1497;sprID=1
    ToyGuru said...

{4) Wenn sie erscheinen sollten, werden Stinkor und Moss Man neue Köpfe erhalten, oder wie in den 80ern nur mit neubemalten Beast Man und Mer-Man Köpfen erscheinen?

Wahrscheinlich werden diese Charaktere jeweils sowohl einen neubemalten "Originalkopf" (von Beast Man und Mer-Man) erhalten, als auch einen neuen Kopf mit einem leichten 200x-Flair.}

That means
    Yay!!!!
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Awesome news!!!

Something may be getting lost in translation, but I hope what they mean on Moss Man is TWO new sculpts, with one just based on the Beast Man head, and not the actual, unchanged Beast Man head.

That is good news, can we try to get confirmation from Toyguru here?
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    That is good news, can we try to get confirmation from Toyguru here?
    The news are from ToyGuru

Just for clarification, this was the original text:

Q: When they get released, will Stinkor and Moss Man feature repaints of the Mer-Man cardback head and the Beast Man head, or will they feature new head sculpts?

A: Likely those characters will get the original toy head repaint and an all new head with a bit of 2002 flair.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior
    I think this is where MOTUC might get in trouble. So far they sticking so close to the originals that smart choices like giving stinkor fur will like not get done.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody1898 View Post
    I think this is where MOTUC might get in trouble. So far they sticking so close to the originals that smart choices like giving stinkor fur will like not get done.
    I think we should have faith in the Horsemen here....
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Well maybe they can mod the Beasty head a little bit, but definitely cool there's confirmation on two heads for each.

Go to the Matty website & look at Zodac. Check out the front & back pictures.

He's got the Skeletor arms & legs with the Beastman torso, (just like the original figure.) I think that would work well for Stinkor.

I'm not sure if Bestman's upper arm & leg would fit with Skeletor's forearms & calves but I can see how that would make a furrier Stinkor. I'd prefer him to have furry arms & legs but if they just go the Zodac route, I'd be happy with that.

Honestly, I wouldn't gripe if Matty just repaints Merman again.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    I think if we do see Stinkor it will have Mer-mans second head I'd like to see it have beast mans body up to the elbows and knees then Skeletors forearms and knees if that is even possible.
    Completely agree
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    I agree also. It should be easy enough to do. i see no reason why they couldn't.

ToyGuru said...

That means
    YES!!!!!! Awesome!!!! Great news!!!!
    Last edited by Multibot; March 6, 2009 at 02:34pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Also, I think the Hordak 3 toes foot would look pretty cool instead of the painted Skeletor foot.
    The Hordak feet look more like the 200X staction feet, and i think the 200X Stinkor was the figure the Stinkor Character deserved.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    From (very vague) memory, didnt Stinkor on the card backs have 'Furry' stlye boot feet? if so then I think red versions of Stratos feet would work best
    and definetly a repainted (possibly modified, to remove the 'Coral' effect sculpting around the eyes) mer man head, but a more Animal type new head sculpt as well, similar to the Stactions.
    Just a thought, cheers aj

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    My only question here is: How do we know what Stinkor was? I mean, he was patterned after a skunk, but in the old days, there was nothing to say what type of creature he was. The 2002 toon definitely portrayed him as a furry creature, i.e., mammalian, but the original could have been any stinky species. The picture makes him look furry, but the figure definitely wasn't.

I know, technically, the answer to my above question is:Stinkor was an easy re-paint that required no new tooling. But honestly, I think they'd be best using the Merman body, because they'd really need the Beast Man for Moss Man, and I think the figures would look better spreading the re-used parts around (likely one reason why they used Merman for Stinkor in the first place).

Thing is, it may come down to cost. If the Merman head and body parts are part of the same mold, they might need to go that way to justify the extra expense of a new head mold for the second head.
    Last edited by scott metzger; April 17, 2009 at 10:58am.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Just give Stinkor his gas tanks from 200X and I'll be happy.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Hoi Scot,
    At the moment we only have 2 torsos; the sleek Heman, skeletor, merman torso and the hairy beastman,stratos,zodac body.. So I dont understand saving it for mossman.
    Also, tooling costs are for new parts, not complete bodies. And reusing parts dont cost money. Whether you go for hairy or not hairy, the parts already exist and therefore no extra costs.
    So I dont understand your point?