Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ninjor confirmed available for Day-Of-Sale!!! Wow!!

Ninjor confirmed available for Day-Of-Sale!!! Wow!!

Matty has been confermed Ninjor day of sale! Finally I can buy 2 more copies extra sub!!
    I'm very happy

It makes enormous sense to have 'day of' sales for highly in-demand characters like Ninjor/Ninja Warrior. Encouraging new buyers should always be a strategy. Creating artificial dearth is certainly a sales strategy, but it truly only benefits the diehards and those hoping to later flip these figures for maximum profit. At this point the line needs to be stretching out to the casual buyer in a big way. Glad to hear there will be 'day of'.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior
    This is great news! I'm glad to see that someone at Mattel seems to be overwriting what I believed to be a cheap sales tactic during the sub sales of this year and years past..

It was stated Ninja Warrior would not have day of sales in 2015. They have lied and that is not cool.

So glad to be done with these games by of the end of the year.

EDIT: Huntara is now the no day of sales figure. From what explanation was given, it sounds like the Huntara stock must be split and some of the quota won't arrive in time for the sale. They quoted the situation with the Doomsday Unleashed figure back in December...

I seriously hope my quarterly subscription isn't held up because they won't have the full stock of her in hand by the renewal time!
    Last edited by blackiecats; January 29, 2015 at 02:57pm.
    6 characters I still need: 6/Granita, 5/Filmation Leech, 4/Filmation Tung Lashor, 3/Twiggets (Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina), 2/Hunga the Harpy, 1/Dylamug.

This makes me happy, and a bit afraid, since I am sure another demanded figure may get placed in the "No Day Of" category.

I have this feeling that any available Ninjors may be extra overage from the production run, so there may not be many and he may sell out lightning fast.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Does this means worse for any chance at next year figures? Usually they would be figures for next year's outside of sub
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    This makes me happy, and a bit afraid, since I am sure another demanded figure may get placed in the "No Day Of" category.
    Another figure has. It's Huntara
    6 characters I still need: 6/Granita, 5/Filmation Leech, 4/Filmation Tung Lashor, 3/Twiggets (Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina), 2/Hunga the Harpy, 1/Dylamug.

I posted this in the Huntara thread, but I'll repost my innocent "conspiracy theory" here!

*^^ This makes sense, as HUNTARA ended up "accidently" getting OOLAR's Axe, & Oolar is the Sub exclusive, so at least initially (Before Matty inevitably releases the extra Huntara figs later) there won't be a bunch of extra axes that were created to go w/ the exclusive figure. So Maybe the axes were only produced in the same amount as the OOLAR figure, therefore making Huntara also produced in lesser numbers? +PLUS Let's face facts, MATTY will make way more LOOT $$$ on NINJOR DOS then on Huntara.

Also, I agree w/ the above poster, WHY didn't HUNTARA get her hooded head??? She couldn't possibly be over budget w/ the 2nd head included?
    *Some people may have bought a 2nd Huntara for:
    1.) a HOODED HUNTARA to display, or
    2.) bought a few extras to have HOODED back up SILAXIAN bounty hunters.
    3.) Jus Say'n Matty!
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by invisibleboy View Post
    I posted this in the Huntara thread, but I'll repost my innocent "conspiracy theory" here!

*^^ This makes sense, as HUNTARA ended up "accidently" getting OOLAR's Axe, & Oolar is the Sub exclusive, so at least initially (Before Matty inevitably releases the extra Huntara figs later) there won't be a bunch of extra axes that were created to go w/ the exclusive figure. So Maybe the axes were only produced in the same amount as the OOLAR figure, therefore making Huntara also produced in lesser numbers? +PLUS Let's face facts, MATTY will make way more LOOT $$$ on NINJOR DOS then on Huntara.

Also, I agree w/ the above poster, WHY didn't HUNTARA get her hooded head??? She couldn't possibly be over budget w/ the 2nd head included?
    *Some people may have bought a 2nd Huntara for:
    1.) a HOODED HUNTARA to display, or
    2.) bought a few extras to have HOODED back up SILAXIAN bounty hunters.
    3.) Jus Say'n Matty!
    Stop using common sense and logic! They have NO place in this toyline!

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I have this feeling that any available Ninjors may be extra overage from the production run, so there may not be many and he may sell out lightning fast.
    That could be.

But my guess (which is only a guess... I could be wrong) is that the past "no day-of-sale" figures actually had a higher production run beyond just what they needed to cover the subs plus only a small percentage for potential customer service issues. I think they still did the same "normal" run for those figures that they would have done anyway if they had gone on sale on the 15th, but just heald the stock back. The only difference was that they heald them back to be sold later, and when they did go on sale, they were availble through early access first, then to everyone else (normally when a new figure in-sub figure is available day-of, they don't make them available via early access), with this being done as a sales tactic to get people to subscribe.

Some of the past figures that had no day-of sale were pretty popular, but when the remaining stock went up for sale later, many of them didn't sell out very quick (if at all). I personally find it hard to believe that was strictly the left over customer service stock that they produced to cover the sub orders. I could be wrong about this, but that's what I think.

In the name of the Lloyd!

I am selling my Huntara but now thanks to ineptitude I am going to be missing the axe that should be included with a figure I am keeping. I don't see why I should keep a figure I don't want because of a stuff up. Now the "exclusive" nature of Huntara will probably make it harder to track down a loose axe. Big round of applause.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    I am selling my Huntara but now thanks to ineptitude I am going to be missing the axe that should be included with a figure I am keeping. I don't see why I should keep a figure I don't want because of a stuff up. Now the "exclusive" nature of Huntara will probably make it harder to track down a loose axe. Big round of applause.
    I don't really buy the whole thing about it being an accident that the axe comes with Huntara. Maybe I'm wrong, but they love putting other people's accessories in with figures they think will have a smaller audience to drive sales. It's not a terrible strategy, but it is super annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post

EDIT: Huntara is now the no day of sales figure. From what explanation was given, it sounds like the Huntara stock must be split and some of the quota won't arrive in time for the sale. They quoted the situation with the Doomsday Unleashed figure back in December...

I seriously hope my quarterly subscription isn't held up because they won't have the full stock of her in hand by the renewal time!
    Ehhhh...now I'm worried about subscription Huntaras being delayed, like the bulk of November and December figures. Ugh. I'm not interested in February, so I've been looking forward to Huntara as my next shipment to feel excited about.

Btw- Can I ask where you found that information? All I've found is the confirmation of DOS Ninjor on Ask Matty.
    Some remaining, post 2016-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Garth, Master Sebrian, Lodar, Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Granita, Lady Slither, Dylamug, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, Horde Mummy, Quakke, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

Not cool at all that he's available. Why? Because it was stated that he wouldn't be. End of story...Some of you can come up with a thousand excuses if you'd like which are ALL irrelevant at the end of the day since that's NOT the issue here. It's about integrity..

I'm sorry if I'm a black and white guy, but I take things no matter what it is for how it's portrayed. When you've got cheerleaders pitching things in a certain light like the sub. it's a REAL slap in the face to then go in an opposite direction AFTER the fact....It's gonna die, this or that..SUB. AGAIN as this may be it!!

You as the buyer then try to find ways to rationalize ANOTHER purchase for the good of things...Yes, you can thank the naive people like myself now for buying another sub. when we really didn't want to and falling victim for these shenanigans yet AGAIN!...

Well...I, like I'm sure MANY others used the whole no Ninjor DOS as ONE of the reasons to sub. again, not the ONLY but yes one to try to justify it. Then this....

I realize Matty is scum for lack of a better word and should NEVER be trusted, but again this is what happens when you put faith into something that has NO integrity or value. My fault for that...

Well, with the old brand manager out and a new one in, I would expect some of the things we were once told were true or impossible to be quite the opposite going forward!
    In this particular case, I think it's great that "something" has changed (whatever it may be) and that more folks will have a crack at getting their Ninjor figure(s)!
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Well, with the old brand manager out and a new one in, I would expect some of the things we were once told were true or impossible to be quite the opposite going forward!
    In this particular case, I think it's great that "something" has changed (whatever it may be) and that more folks will have a crack at getting their Ninjor figure(s)!
    You're missing the point though...It's about "integrity" and in this case if something was sold to people in a certain light those policies should be honored regardless if Scott is still there or not...He acted on behalf of THEM as a whole and represented them...

Is Matty in turn offering to take any extra unwanted subs. back now due to the change? Of course not because none of this was in the contract so they don't have anything legally to worry about...But as a so called "professional" company they should act accordingly and HONOR what was sold to the people...Fat chance huh?...

It's MATTEL. We should all know by now... they have no integrity.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    That could be.

But my guess (which is only a guess... I could be wrong) is that the past "no day-of-sale" figures actually had a higher production run beyond just what they needed to cover the subs plus only a small percentage for potential customer service issues. I think they still did the same "normal" run for those figures that they would have done anyway if they had gone on sale on the 15th, but just heald the stock back. The only difference was that they heald them back to be sold later, and when they did go on sale, they were availble through early access first, then to everyone else (normally when a new figure in-sub figure is available day-of, they don't make them available via early access), with this being done as a sales tactic to get people to subscribe.

Some of the past figures that had no day-of sale were pretty popular, but when the remaining stock went up for sale later, many of them didn't sell out very quick (if at all). I personally find it hard to believe that was strictly the left over customer service stock that they produced to cover the sub orders. I could be wrong about this, but that's what I think.
    I agree that the production numbers are probably similar, but I think the "logistics" excuse is valid - they likely have the figures arrive in two or more shipments. If the a shipment is late, then you have a Doomsday Unleashed situation where people end up waiting months. Or, who knows, maybe something goes wrong with a vendor and it delays some amount of figures from getting made.
    Last edited by SonOfHeMan; January 29, 2015 at 07:40pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    You're missing the point though...It's about "integrity" and in this case if something was sold to people in a certain light those policies should be honored regardless if Scott is still there or not...He acted on behalf of THEM as a whole and represented them...

Is Matty in turn offering to take any extra unwanted subs. back now due to the change? Of course not because none of this was in the contract so they don't have anything legally to worry about...But as a so called "professional" company they should act accordingly and HONOR what was sold to the people...Fat chance huh?...
    I don't have the type of animosity about this that you do...or any really, but you are correct. No DOS was used as a selling feature and should be honored by whomever is now in charge.

I have a feeling this will not be the last time that TG (or some of his decisions) will get thrown under the bus by the new team. But at the end of the day, whether it be new leader or old leader, the bottom line is selling as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    It's MATTEL. We should all know by now... they have no integrity.
    So some decisions are made that you don't have a full explanation for, and your reaction is to insult the entire company?

I realize folks need to vent at times, like right now where the no DOS for Ninjor was a selling point to get cherry pickers to sub instead. But such a comment is still extreme and unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post

That could be. I've always speculated that they round production up to an even increment. And covers both the CS stock and extra DOS stock. But it's tough to say if those production numbers are uniform per figure.

Perhaps they even altered the quantity after Scott left. He left in early/mid-October. They ship stock over about 2 months before sale date so Ninjor was on the boats around early/mid December and was being produced while Scott resigned. That's a production change that could have happened post-Scott due to something a simple as miscommunication.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

DOS = 3 ninja warriors

Better be quick with the computer mouse fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    Btw- Can I ask where you found that information? All I've found is the confirmation of DOS Ninjor on Ask Matty.
    No problem

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...188#2311087188

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Not cool at all that he's available. Why? Because it was stated that he wouldn't be. End of story...Some of you can come up with a thousand excuses if you'd like which are ALL irrelevant at the end of the day since that's NOT the issue here. It's about integrity..

I'm sorry if I'm a black and white guy, but I take things no matter what it is for how it's portrayed. When you've got cheerleaders pitching things in a certain light like the sub. it's a REAL slap in the face to then go in an opposite direction AFTER the fact....It's gonna die, this or that..SUB. AGAIN as this may be it!!

You as the buyer then try to find ways to rationalize ANOTHER purchase for the good of things...Yes, you can thank the naive people like myself now for buying another sub. when we really didn't want to and falling victim for these shenanigans yet AGAIN!...

Well...I, like I'm sure MANY others used the whole no Ninjor DOS as ONE of the reasons to sub. again, not the ONLY but yes one to try to justify it. Then this....

I realize Matty is scum for lack of a better word and should NEVER be trusted, but again this is what happens when you put faith into something that has NO integrity or value. My fault for that...
    I completely agree. It would be nice if they at least offered it to subscribers first, during early access.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Lodar, Hunga the Harpy, Sharella, Snake Goddess & Hawke

FILMATION ruined my He-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    So some decisions are made that you don't have a full explanation for, and your reaction is to insult the entire company?

I realize folks need to vent at times, like right now where the no DOS for Ninjor was a selling point to get cherry pickers to sub instead. But such a comment is still extreme and unnecessary.
    I think this post is extreme and unneccessary quite honestly. How is it wrong to question integrity when someone or something doesn't do what they say they will? He isn't name calling or cursing. And who's integrity should he question if not Mattel? It may be one person, but we don't know. What we do know is they are acting as a representative of Mattel. It is normal for a company to take the heat for the actions of their employees. A company's culture often influences their employees' actions and vice versa.

I'm not sure how an explanation would change anything.

Also, it didn't just coerce cherry pickers into subbing. Many subbers ordered more in hopes of using Ninjor to offset costs. Several people in the bst forum have preorders from other members at inflated costs.
    Last edited by foots_mcgee; January 29, 2015 at 09:32pm.