Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SPINNERELLA Arrival Thread

SPINNERELLA Arrival Thread

Been waiting a very long time for today!!!

Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice!

How well does the crown piece fit? Snugly? A friend received her and said it doesn't fit snugly
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Buzz-Saw Hordak, Dragstor, Perfuma, Dare, Snake Mountain, Prahvus, Ceratus, King Chuboolu, Flying Fists He-Man, Terror Claws Skeletor, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    How well does the crown piece fit? Snugly?
    It's a lot more snug than I expected. So much so, that I have a hard time securing it on. It's a tight fit. You kind of have to snap it on really good.

Bodice paint is a little sloppy on both samples. But my biggest complaint is that her hair wasn't molded in plastic that matches her actual hair color. Mine has faintly painted areas and scuffs where the blue plastic shows through.

She looks very beautiful. I hope I get a decent copy. How are her ankles?

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    She's stunning!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Has anyone taken and exacto and tried separating the strips, cutting off some of the excess plastic between them? I haven't done any touch-up on any of my figures yet (and I've been collecting since day 1 at SDCC 2008), but I feel like that would help the slits in her strips soooo much.

Got mine today and i like her.

The color applications bother me a bit. The painted hair is a weird and i´m afraid the crown will rub some of the color off but i decided to pose her with out the crown. I was planning on having her wearing it before i got her but as always in hand those figures are different than what i expect them to be so i changed my mind.

Her ankles are tight and all the articulation is good. The hair is heavy as she has a lot of it but with the one pose i found for her it does´t bother me and even the arm tassels are working out great for me like that.

All in all i´m really happy with that figure and even though i am a big POP fan it´s the first time for me that i have a Spinnerella figure
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Cult View Post
    It's a lot more snug than I expected. So much so, that I have a hard time securing it on. It's a tight fit. You kind of have to snap it on really good.

Bodice paint is a little sloppy on both samples. But my biggest complaint is that her hair wasn't molded in plastic that matches her actual hair color. Mine has faintly painted areas and scuffs where the blue plastic shows through.
    I wonder if my friend's was just warped then. Thank you for the info. . I might use a clear sealant on her hair before I start using her to pose in my display.

The quality control on this figure seems low, and there's no excuse for that. She's $30!!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Buzz-Saw Hordak, Dragstor, Perfuma, Dare, Snake Mountain, Prahvus, Ceratus, King Chuboolu, Flying Fists He-Man, Terror Claws Skeletor, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The quality control on this figure seems low, and there's no excuse for that. She's $30!!!
    This is where I am coming from too! For $30, we should not have to do any kind of alterations to her. The hair paint looks kind of clumpy too. Would it have killed them to mold her hair in light purple, with a dark purple wash?

Praying that Mermista doesn't look too ghetto.

Gah! I hate the spear!
    Why didn't they give her the vintage sword that she should of come with?
    *sigh*

Hey Oz - do you have a website or a facebook page. I've seen so many of your awesome repaints / pictures / sets around but I want to have a look at any I might have missed. Love your repaints / poses etc - the Adora / Glimmer faces that you've repainted look fab! Big fan.
    He-Man & She-Ra Stop Motion Video - Princess Adora's New Internet Song - now online on Youtube

Spinerella has arrived. The tassels on her arms being stiff doesn't make her look too good if she has her arms down.

Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    Spinerella has arrived. The tassels on her arms being stiff doesn't make her look too good if she has her arms down.
    Annnnd, there's another ill-fitting crown piece.

Looks like Mattel may have, in fact, reduced the budget on the club Etheria figures there seem to be corners cut .

Widget
    Thankfully the crown fits snugly on mine. The only downside is the "ponytail" piece is so loose that a strong breeze knocks it off.
    image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender875 View Post
    Thankfully the crown fits snugly on mine. The only downside is the "ponytail" piece is so loose that a strong breeze knocks it off.
    image.jpg
    That's because the hair is put on incorrectly. It is too far back on the head. If I were you, I would send this picture to Digital River/Matty, and get a replacement. Since the hair is far back, the ponytail points downward, and gravity makes it slip out. I would return this poor sample. they didn't even finish painting yours! The eye shadow under the eyes is missing, and the glaze gloss hasn't been put on the face!

I can't believe they actually put that in a package and shipped it to a customer. $30!

Mine hasn't even shipped yet...
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    That's because the hair is put on incorrectly. It is too far back on the head. If I were you, I would send this picture to Digital River/Matty, and get a replacement. Since the hair is far back, the ponytail points downward, and gravity makes it slip out. I would return this poor sample. they didn't even finish painting yours! The eye shadow under the eyes is missing, and the glaze gloss hasn't been put on the face!

I can't believe they actually put that in a package and shipped it to a customer. $30!
    Ya that's pretty bad.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Heroic Warrior
    Aaah crud. Matty had been doing so well with quality control from about sept 2012 until august of this year with both dcuc and motuc. But they started slipping again. I had to send one of my two razzed back twice, one of my flutterina three times. Eldor once, one of my three super powers wonder women three times, a dcuc superman once and one of my mxytzplk as well before getting acceptable replacements. I also ordered two unleashed doomsdays on the cyber sale and one of the two had some stray glue but that one I just said screw it and kept it given the fact that I was fortunate enough to actually receive mine--I've been reading about back orders and such-- plus digital river told me that any item purchased as part of the cyber sale even one like doomsday that was at full price would only be refunded with no replacement. Spinnerella and mermista are two of my biggest pop wants I hope mine arrive to my liking quality wise

These downgrades in quality seem to have been implemented between Sdcc and now,because the sample some of us handled at Sdcc was really really nice. The hair was perfect.

image.jpg
    Yikes. Looks like someone had a sleepless night! That face paint is definitely incomplete.
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

WHERE'S CRITA???? C'MON MATTY! DO THE RIGHT THING!

Court Magician
    I sliced off the plastic streamers from her bracers and applied ribbon. I'm planning on adding them in sections, and I need to find a darker purple ribbon.

DSC_0166_zpscceff4fd.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg
    Mine is too snug. When I removed it, some of the paint came off with it and I can see the blue plastic underneath. Now I have to repaint the hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Zord of Protection View Post
    I sliced off the plastic streamers from her bracers and applied ribbon. I'm planning on adding them in sections, and I need to find a darker purple ribbon.
    Looks amazing - can you post more pictures of her - yours seems to be the nicest one released so far. And props on the ribbons - they look super cool - how did you attach them - and the hair - could you explain that again....Thanks
    He-Man & She-Ra Stop Motion Video - Princess Adora's New Internet Song - now online on Youtube

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by RafiS View Post
    Looks amazing - can you post more pictures of her - yours seems to be the nicest one released so far. And props on the ribbons - they look super cool - how did you attach them - and the hair - could you explain that again....Thanks
    Thanks! Both of my figures have superb paint jobs, aside from the hair. I sprayed over the pink areas with glitter spray paint. I also painted her bracers and belt with silver chrome paint, followed with silver glitter blast paint. I'm not crazy about the "Hidden Mickey" on her belt, so I painted over it. The ribbons are adhered with tacky glue. It takes forever to dry.

The figure comes with the crown piece attached. When I removed it, some of the paint came off. They painted her hair lilac instead of making the base color of the plastic match her hair. The hair is molded in blue plastic :-(

Thanks! Both of my figures have superb paint jobs, aside from the hair. I sprayed over the pink areas with glitter spray paint. I also painted her bracers and belt with silver chrome paint, followed with silver glitter blast paint. I'm not crazy about the "Hidden Mickey" on her belt, so I painted over it. The ribbons are adhered with tacky glue. It takes forever to dry.

The figure comes with the crown piece attached. When I removed it, some of the paint came off. They painted her hair lilac instead of making the base color of the plastic match her hair. The hair is molded in blue plastic :-(
    Thanks - I had a look at the picture again - it really does look nice. Post a few more - fun to see customs

DSC_0166_zpscceff4fd.jpg
    fantastic! are you planning on replacing the skirt ribbons as well?