Thread: IDENTITY THEFT: *BARBIE Literally STEALS STARBURST SHE-RA's Identity!

IDENTITY THEFT: *BARBIE Literally STEALS STARBURST SHE-RA's Identity!

Just saw a SHOCKING NEW Barbie commercial w/ a VERY FAMILIAR feel!

BRAND NEW from Mattel: *POWER PRINCESS BARBIE dolls + Pets!

I look up at the screen while some Tweeny show on Nickelodeon cut to a LOUD commercial grabbing my attention!

*New PRINCESS POWER Barbie doll, & she has an "ALL Brand New Gimmick" (rolls eyes), She has a BIG Bright CAPE w/ STARS on it that unfolds in an instant to be displayed like wings when you pose you "Power Princess" Barbie's Arms out beside her it looks awfully familiar!

But the Bright STAR BURST CAPE isn't all "POWER PRINCESS" Barbie has, get this original idea; she has a bright fuchsia TIARA that when taken off & turned up-side-down, becomes a MASK for your Princess Power doll. She has 2 Friends w/ original gimmicks (& Lil pets that are def NOT POP inspired!)

Princess Power Barbie's 2 friends are 2 different hair colored "Butterfly Fairy type gals"! The both have the smaller fair type wings/gimmick but in a Butterfly motif I'd say. They don't have the removable tiara turned mask like Princess Power, but paint accents on their faces.

This is going to be a whole "Princess Power" Barbie thing w/ a DVD coming soon & a website you can visit now (with your Parent's permission) to check out this NEW & novel Toy idea! There's an interactive "Comic" section there & a play to post pictures of YOU being "Super". I find the website advertised on this commercial to be not fully running properly yet, or else just a preview as I'm not finding pics of anything yet. I will try to add pics now if I can find them elsewhere on the net.

MODS, if this needs to be moved, I'm sorry as I have never started a thread here.....at least I don't think I ever have.

Here's what makes this MOTUC related to me, WHY NOT just have Mattel release the VINTAGE POP Dolls at retail? Or Updated POP / She-Ra Toys/dolls since Mattel OWNS She-Ra/POP? Or why not at least make SHE-RA Barbies like so many of girls & boys have suggested here over the years?

If I don't get a Vinatge TOY Catra, Panther form Catra & Vintage TOY She-Ra w/ parts to make STAR BURST She-Ra in MOTUC (out of sub is fine w/ me), but BARBIE gets an horrible looking "Wannabe" PRINCESS POWER toy line, I'll just scratch my head. I KNOW this is aimed at Li'l girls & retail, BUT why not use SHE-RA in her ANNIVERSARY year (OK 2014 was She-Ra's Anni...but that's when these were probably being planned/designed)?????

*Maybe They'll release the *He-KEN line next, Barbarian Ken along to help Princess Power Barbie, her twin Butterfly allies & Masked Pets!

EDIT: There is a KEN dressed in all ble, couldn't find a big enough pic & 2 little girl ones w/ scooters?

Hope these pics load! (Mods I tried to search the .org to see if this was already mentioned but it says search disabled?)

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************
    0-Princess-Power-Barbie-Adora.png
    0-Princess-Power-Barbie-B.png
    0-Princess-Power-Barbie-C.png
    BRB-SuperPrinzessin-Freundin6.jpg

Website for PRINCESS POWER Barbie: besuper.com
    Last edited by invisibleboy; February 4, 2015 at 07:06pm.
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

I'd be down for a He-Ken!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

You know, despite the gimmick and the name, these look like they're moreso trying to steal Jem's identity than She-Ra's! They look VERY '80s and not in a good way, ha ha!
    The Next 13 I Need To Have: Lord Masque, Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Crita, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Compactor, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Tallstar I believe posted about this somewhere already.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    You know, despite the gimmick and the name, these look like they're moreso trying to steal Jem's identity than She-Ra's! They look VERY '80s and not in a good way, ha ha!
    That is exactly what I thought -- I was surprised at how 80s they look. Starburst She-Ra can still kick their butts.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Me too actually, lol, if he had hands able to hold the He-Ken barbaric weapons, but I found the corresponding Ken to this series & he's wearing some full on bright/light blue bodysuit/jumpsuit thingy. Definitely MORE "New Adventures of Ken-Man" than "He-Ken, Most Fashionably Powerful Man in the Universe.....of Malibu!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    You're right zodak74, it looks like GEM & SB She-Ra had a baby! I blame Jem's A.I. "SYNERGY" & The Sorceress for allowing CATRA & PIZZAZZ to "CLONE" a GEM+She-Ra Baby & then sending her to Earth 2015. For more info one that........... Keep Reading the Bios! Pretty Cool Huh? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    That is exactly what I thought -- I was surprised at how 80s they look. Starburst She-Ra can still kick their butts.
    ^ Oh Heck Yeah! Even Vintage Star Burst She-Ra standing @ 5" would KICK the CARP outta 11.5" Princess Power Barbie!
    ************************************************** **************** ^^^ (Yeah, I said: CARP )
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

Heroic Warrior
    I wish Mattel would do more to exploit and capitalise upon the She-Ra brand (and the He-Man brand to be fair).

She-Ra "Barbies" and He-Man "Hot Wheels" seem like obvious choices. A combined Fisher Price (or whatever the Mattel version of that is called) MOTU/PoP line also seems like a pretty obvious choice.

I don't think they need cartoons or live-action movies to support PoP and MOTU. Pack-in comics, low-budget online comics, mini-episodes, biographies, etc would be sufficient. In some instances, like Fisher Price toys, they would arguably need no other support since those lines already include random barbarian, knight, wizard, monster, etc characters.

The fact that Mattel will take concepts from MOTU and PoP and use them for existing lines instead of showing some faith in their own brands is disappointing.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Me too I "am" He-Ken

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    I "am" He-Ken
    That's true!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Saw these at Target yesterday; they actually look really...bad, like someone putting together a really cheap cosplay suit. Definitely a sad attempt to cash in on the super hero genre. If they wanted to revive the '80's and do a super line, they could have resurrected the abandoned Wonder Woman and the Star Riders line, as they have the DC license. Would have been better than these.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    it's too bad they rely so heavily on barbie, they should have just introduced she-ra as barbie's friend. then they could still sell barbie but also get she-ravers to buy barbie dolls. what a missed opportunity
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It's not so much that they did it with Barbie, it's that they did it so badly. I saw some super Monster High figures a while back that were actually pretty cool, but they apparently put some actual effort and thought into those. These looked like their design phase took all of two minutes...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    it's too bad they rely so heavily on barbie, they should have just introduced she-ra as barbie's friend. then they could still sell barbie but also get she-ravers to buy barbie dolls. what a missed opportunity
    I'm still surprised they didn't do a special edition She-Ra in the Barbie line back in the '80s.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I'm still surprised they didn't do a special edition She-Ra in the Barbie line back in the '80s.
    In the mid-90's a trademark was filed for a "Princess of Power Barbie", but sadly she never materialized.

Anyhow, a couple episodes back on Roast Gooble, Scott explained that the Barbie department doesn't consider the DC MOTU comics a big enough of an entertainment medium to go forward with something like a She-Ra Barbie. To me, the solution would be to put out a straight-to-DVD Princess of Power movie, like they do with a lot of their Barbie lines, but I feel like that department is being hindered because of the idea that "He-Man has to come first!"
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."