Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MotUC Ninjor discussion

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

Official MotUC Ninjor discussion

Last night, I was looking over all of my original MOTU figures, trying to see which figures share body parts to try and determine who we might see sooner than others in MOTUC.

When I got to Ninjor, I was reminded that he shared a body with Skeletor. And, it got me thinking.

If we see a Ninjor in the Classics line, will he still use Skeletor's body? So far, all of the MOTUC figures we've seen have been faithful to the classic versions. But, do we want our Ninjor to have the arm fins and clawed feet? Or would we rather him be more human?

And also, since the only thing he would need is a new head and weapons, if he does end up using Skeletor's body, does that mean he's close?

Discuss!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

i would perfer a more human Ninjor.

I never had him during th vintage years. Now correct me if i am wrong but the pics i have seen from the minicomics show him as more human. All I can say is that i am going to get him no matter what
    Last edited by Kinghsss456; February 12, 2009 at 04:41pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, I want him with the arm fins and clawed feet. If not, he's "Ninja" - not Ninjor.
    ne jabba no badda!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    "A Ninjor with the Skeletor body is Classic" which is all the explaination that version needs.

If you want a Ninjor with normal body parts or at least an explaination of the Skeletor parts (it could be just a costume), that would be a 200X version of Ninjor. No such thing, I know, but the 4H always explained or changed the rampant non-sensical parts re-use that the original line tended to do often. With MOTUC, we'd see no such changes so expect Ninjor with the Skeletor parts.

I think the ONLY changes we might expect would be even more ninja weapons and aspects on his costume.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 12, 2009 at 10:09am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I wouldn't mind him using stratos' feet instead, but either way i'm fine.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

No human parts make him classic. One of the main reason I like ninjor is cuz he's a creature ninja. Besides human parts would make him look more good then evil IMO.

I'll probably get flamed for this...but Ninjor is one of those characters that I never liked. He didn't seem to fit with the rest of the "Universe." Again, just my opinion. Either way, I'm a completist and if/when they get to Ninjor, I will purchase him, and, in the "classic" way, I hope he has the Skeletor parts.

Heroic Master Of Bad Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    I'll probably get flamed for this...but Ninjor is one of those characters that I never liked. He didn't seem to fit with the rest of the "Universe." Again, just my opinion. Either way, I'm a completist and if/when they get to Ninjor, I will purchase him, and, in the "classic" way, I hope he has the Skeletor parts.
    nah, i don't like Ninjor either, BUT, if have to choose, i'd prefer him with Skelly's body
    We are ka-tet. We are one from many

Don't hesitate in make deals with: JeMaBo2, air23cnhit.

I'm fine either way. I liked Ninjor a lot as a kid, but not because of his feet or arms. I'm indifferent to them. And I can get behind the demon-warrior angle (hence the arm fins and Skeletor feet) or the regular human angle.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    That would be cool. If they abandoned the arm fins, they could give him Stratos' feet. He's probably the most fitting character for the "sock feet" treatment.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I do agree that they will most likley use Skeletor's body since that's what the classic did. And I too am fine with that.

So how about his costume. Think they'll still go the cloth route? I'm sure they would have to in order to be done the right way.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian30 View Post
    I do agree that they will most likley use Skeletor's body since that's what the classic did. And I too am fine with that.

So how about his costume. Think they'll still go the cloth route? I'm sure they would have to in order to be done the right way.
    Sculpt it. I think it'll look better. Figures rarely use cloth anymore. And besides, we can get an alternate unmasked head.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Well who's to say that Ninjor is a creature type guy? I mean, he's a ninja! Couldn't he be weaing gloves with sharp fins on it and claws? And the boots...wouldn't those be boots with clawed toes on them so he could scale walls (combined with his clawed hands, perhaps he could).

I say, leave it the same! Your imagination can make him a monster or just a ninja wearing some ninja gear for fighting and climbing.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    i agree with this as well.

however, i like jitsu more and when i was little i always thought ninjor was jitsu before he got his fancy gold hand
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

now you've got me thinking he could easily be an exclusive SDCC figure....

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Clawed feet

Clawed hands/Fins

No cloth jacket - should be sculpted on

and 2 Heads!

In the 200x redesigns I wanted him to be more human but in MOTUC use Skelly parts.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Ninjor had the more modern evil legs. So I think he is likely to have different feet to Skeletor.

A big fan of Slush Head
    I hope he gets the clawed feet. I want him to be humanoid.
    If he is a plain human it takes the mystery out of the character.
    And like Joe-or said then he would only be a ninja.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Clawed boots and human is good for me.

I'm very excited to see this character in MOTU and hope he can show up in year two. (if not sooner!)

I'm trusting whatever the 4H decide to do with him, will be the right choice.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Like I said earlier they all should look like they jumped of of their 80`s cardbacks!! everysingle one of them. If they didn`t get a figure there are other references such as mini comics or card art, like how He Ro is depicted on Megator`s box I`d like them to be closer to the cardback than the actual figure

Ninjor isn't one of my favorite characters. Making him more human would enforce my lack of caring.
    I think it's cool if he has whacky skeletor legs and clawed hands. Were he more of a monstrosity, the more I'd be down with him.

Human - just another Ninja.
    Monster - something fun for MotU.

Rio blast is in a similar boat for me too.

Make him more robotic, and I like him better.
    Make him just a human with cool gadgets? Meh, no thanks.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Skeletor body style for me, that's all that makes him unique in the deluge of Ninja's we got in the 80's. It's those parts that make him 100% MOTU!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

I don't like being negative on this forum, but I am not a big fan of Ninjor either ...

Pixel Dan - I know this is avoiding your original question, but just thought I'd give my opinions here anyway ...

Ninjor, to me, is just a generic Ninja - I feel the same about Jitsu, despite his rivalry/relationship with Fisto ...

Both Ninjor and Jitsu just didn't really do it for me, and they seem too similar - especially when you reveal Ninjor's face from underneath his cloth mask ...

I don't own either of the classic figures and, even though I did as a kid, Ninjor (and Jitsu) don't seem to stick out as being ''cool'' to me when I think of MOTU ... to echo other peoples comments, Ninjor is a bit 'normal' and I suspect he was produced to fill a gap of sorts in the line or to fill a current trend that was being set in the 80's ...

Pixel Dan - to answer your original question, I would like to see a more 'human' Ninjor if he is released (i.e. not using Skeletors body with clawed feet and arms fins) because to me, he is essentially just a 'human' character in the MOTU world ...
    Last edited by tmc1984; February 12, 2009 at 05:41pm.
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian30 View Post
    Last night, I was looking over all of my original MOTU figures, trying to see which figures share body parts to try and determine who we might see sooner than others in MOTUC.

When I got to Ninjor, I was reminded that he shared a body with Skeletor. And, it got me thinking.

If we see a Ninjor in the Classics line, will he still use Skeletor's body? So far, all of the MOTUC figures we've seen have been faithful to the classic versions. But, do we want our Ninjor to have the arm fins and clawed feet? Or would we rather him be more human?

And also, since the only thing he would need is a new head and weapons, if he does end up using Skeletor's body, does that mean he's close?

Discuss!
    Geez you just love rubbing it in that you have all the figures! Kidding!

I say leave him with the evil body and give him the cloth outfit. I always liked the idea that he could use his clawed feet to climb walls and stuff. Besides, that body is the "evil" body. Zodac had it because he was supposed to be evil originally and Ninjor, Scareglow, Stinkor, Webstor, Kobra Khan and Merman got it because they were evil. (and cheap to make )

I think he should totally have the clawed feet and fin hands! Cloth mask would be cool too. I would think it would be cheaper than a 2nd head and it would remain faithful to the vintage figure.
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!