Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 254

Thread: Official MotUC Ninjor (Ninja Warrior) discussion

  1. #26
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,740
    Quote Originally Posted by joe-or View Post
    Yes, I want him with the arm fins and clawed feet. If not, he's "Ninja" - not Ninjor.
    I agree. I want him to be an otherworldly ninja, not your average, run-of-the-mill cul de sac ninja.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

  2. #27
    Heroic Warrior Kevin L.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Edge of Reason
    Posts
    138
    I never had the Ninjor figure but am a big fan of the "Search for Keldor" mini-comic in which he's depicted as more human. So I'd be fine if they made him without the fins and claws. If they do, no big.

  3. #28
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris
    Posts
    1,159
    Personally? I would dig a much more human looking NINJOR with those ninja boots with the split toe design. I loved 'movie' Ninjas in the 80's.

    Realistically, we will get a NINJOR made with SKELETOR's body because that was what was originally done. There's simply no question about it. I don't mean that to sound arrogant... I'm just basing it on what we have already seen.

    Still, I'm sure he will be extremely cool looking because the HORSEMEN rarely disappoint.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

  4. #29
    Unemployed BURTDAWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Ninjor isn't one of my favorite characters. Making him more human would enforce my lack of caring.
    I think it's cool if he has whacky skeletor legs and clawed hands. Were he more of a monstrosity, the more I'd be down with him.

    Human - just another Ninja.
    Monster - something fun for MotU.

    Rio blast is in a similar boat for me too.

    Make him more robotic, and I like him better.
    Make him just a human with cool gadgets? Meh, no thanks.
    Thats prtty much what MAA is,a human with gadgets,he does'nt have any powers,except a mind for science,but anybody can do that.I'm just saying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian30 View Post
    Last night, I was looking over all of my original MOTU figures, trying to see which figures share body parts to try and determine who we might see sooner than others in MOTUC.

    When I got to Ninjor, I was reminded that he shared a body with Skeletor. And, it got me thinking.

    If we see a Ninjor in the Classics line, will he still use Skeletor's body? So far, all of the MOTUC figures we've seen have been faithful to the classic versions. But, do we want our Ninjor to have the arm fins and clawed feet? Or would we rather him be more human?

    And also, since the only thing he would need is a new head and weapons, if he does end up using Skeletor's body, does that mean he's close?

    Discuss!
    Well to me he never shared Skeletors body,because they all shared the same body,so you can't really say it's Skeletors and his alone.But the 80's Ninjor actually shared the same body as Fisto and Jitsu,and those body/torso sculpts were a little different in size.The were wider in the shoulders,and in the chest a tad bit.You have to look close to see it,and because the had to make room the pulling back of the arm mechanism for the punch,chop,or sword slashing/nun chucking.But to answer your question,I'd like him to be the same as his 80's counterpart.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

  5. #30
    Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sweden, Northern part
    Posts
    5,846
    I would prefer him with differently sculpted clawed hands and feet.

    So... I guess I would have him later in the line, when they can afford more tooling. I see it as Ninja fake-clawed hands and boots tho, to scare his enemies, thinking some kind of beast is stalking them. And that thing with scaling surfaces is a pretty good idea too.

    So, I would like him to have these new parts:

    1. Gloves
    2. Feet
    3. Torso ( no cloth)
    4. Masked head
    5. Pony-tail head

  6. #31
    Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,170
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post

    Pixel Dan - to answer your original question, I would like to see a more 'human' Ninjor if he is released (i.e. not using Skeletors body with clawed feet and arms fins) because to me, he is essentially just a 'human' character in the MOTU world ...
    I agree completely.

    ninjor just seemed to me like a normal human type character, that only used the skeletor parts to cut costs (why not he-man parts??). IMO, it makes no sense to have skeletor's clawed feet & hands on a guy who looks human under his mask. jitsu used the human parts, so should ninjor, imo. give him a ton of weapons and he'll still be cool regardless.

    Ninjor is one of those figures that appears to me like Mattel was really reaching in terms of coming up with new figures. clamp champ is another one of those type figures imo. reused parts, at the end of the toyline...
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

    Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

  7. #32
    Heroic Warrior mistaloko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    965
    I hope the do it in the "classics" way. With skeletor body parts.

  8. #33
    Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Verona, Italy
    Posts
    719
    Yeah, Skeletor's arms and feets for me, because that's closer to the old action figure. I'm a little bit disappointed for the yellow parts on Mer-man limbs and the round wristband on Tri-klops (the classic figure had the same amor as He-man on the left arm) because that's different from vintage figures. So I do not wish to see a human-feeted Ninjor.

  9. #34
    Merchandise Collector jmb410s's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,972
    Quote Originally Posted by kenobi96 View Post
    I think he should totally have the clawed feet and fin hands! Cloth mask would be cool too. I would think it would be cheaper than a 2nd head and it would remain faithful to the vintage figure.
    Keep him non-human with skeletors body please
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

  10. #35
    Mattycollector.com The_Robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Mattycollector.com!
    Posts
    896
    I'm another one that wants the Skeletor fins and feet! I love these threads, because it gives me a good feeling knowing toyguru goes through here, and most likely takes note on these kinds of things.

    "Clawed feet and fin arms?...check"...
    www.mattycollector.com

    Faker Coming March 16th
    Mer-Man Coming April 15th
    Zodac May 15th
    Hordak June 15th
    Man-At-Arms July 15th
    Tri-Klops August 17th

  11. #36
    It says ICEMAN oICEMANo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    9,277
    He's gotta have the claws and fins!
    And it would be cool if they painted his eyes red or orange or something evil.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

  12. #37
    Master of Good Hair Eamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Irish but live in UK
    Posts
    16,274
    Oh Ninjor has gotta have the creature side!
    May as well just call him "Ninja" otherwise!

    Tis funny, I was thinking about what likely figures we will or could get from the parts already released as well:
    Clamp Champ, Stinkor, King Randor, Fisto, Jitsu, Webstor, Mekaneck, He-Ro, Evil Lyn, Sorceress.

    Did I miss anyone there?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

  13. #38
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Khan View Post
    Yeah, Skeletor's arms and feets for me, because that's closer to the old action figure. I'm a little bit disappointed for the yellow parts on Mer-man limbs and the round wristband on Tri-klops (the classic figure had the same amor as He-man on the left arm) because that's different from vintage figures. So I do not wish to see a human-feeted Ninjor.
    One of the best things about MOTU Classics is that now Mer-Man, Tri-Klops and the rest look the way they should have looked in the 80s. The cardback art is how they were supposed to be.

    But yeah, Ninjor should be more creature than human; I don't want a regular ninja, i've got enough of those from the GI Joe line already.

  14. #39
    T-Man tmc1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England, U.K.
    Posts
    2,044
    Quote Originally Posted by BURTDAWG View Post
    Thats prtty much what MAA is,a human with gadgets,he does'nt have any powers,except a mind for science,but anybody can do that.I'm just saying
    I do agree with that - however, MAA still had a 'robotic' feel to him (if that makes sense) due to his armour and weaponary ... In my way of thinking anyway, which is why I go for the Ninjor being 'too human' idea ... We all knew MAA was human when we watched the cartoon, but upon first viewing he could have had a robotic element to him ...

    Maybe I'm just making something out of nothing!

    Great thread anyway ...
    Last edited by tmc1984; February 13, 2009 at 06:21pm.
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

    USE YOUR ILLUSION

  15. #40
    Heroic Warrior Co-Lec-Tor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    173
    This all depends on if Mattel has the 4H re-create the evil warrior legs that did NOT match the 8-back artwork or not. If all the evil warriors, from now on in MotUC, are going to share those original 8-back artwork limbs, then I'd prefer them to give Ninjor human legs (maybe not hands as him with evil clawed gloves is cool). If they actually go the extra mile & re-sculpt the original toy design, then give him evil clawed boots & hands.

    Wait a second!?!?! Guys, check this out:



    O_O Does he have the original 8-back style hands & feet in this artwork?? Maybe they COULD get away with using those parts then & wouldn't have to re-sculpt the toy-styled ones...

    Also check out the box art on the front of the box:

    Ninjor MOC (Front)

    There he again is depicted with the 3 clawed toed "boots" & gloves. Mattel can probably save themselves some $$$ by using the MotUC 3-toed foot & clawed hands & just sculpting new shins & forearms for MotUC Ninjor. They could probably get away with the MotUC evil forearms though, but either way it'd look like the original card art AND box art. If they're really trying to bring the 80's card back art to life, they should go by the card art on the front of his card, as that's a cooler depiction of the character & never done before.. The only time Ninjor is depicted with his evil warrior toy feet (evil warrior toy feet having 1 toe on each side of the foot btw) is on the cardbacks for the figures of that year. At that time, that artwork was basically 95% accurate to the toy- what you saw drawn on the back of the card basically was what you got.

    ~Co-Lec-Tor
    "Heroic Master of Collecting!"

  16. #41
    Unemployed BURTDAWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    I do agree with that - however, MAA still had a 'robotic' feel to him (if that makes sense) due to his armour and weaponary ... In my way of thinking anyway, which is why I go for the Ninjor being 'too human' idea ... We all knew MAA was human when we watched the cartoon, but upon first viewing he could have had a robotic element to him ...

    Maybe I'm just making something out of nothing!

    Great thread anyway ...

    I can see your point if your refering to the 2x MAA,he did have a robotic feel to him,but the classic 80's figure really didnt,same goes with both Filmation and MYP versions in the cartoons.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

  17. #42
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,791
    Myself, I'm quickly getting tired of the new three toed skeletor feet. I think it was fine for Skeletor, but I REALLY hope the create the original Evil 3 prong boot. I know they're about the same, but I'm getting tired of the visible toes... And the way its going, I think we're going to see a LOT of toes running around

    That said, I would like the Alien boots and original fins for ninjor.

  18. #43
    Heroic Warrior LEE-RO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    I do agree with that - however, MAA still had a 'robotic' feel to him (if that makes sense) due to his armour and weaponary ... In my way of thinking anyway, which is why I go for the Ninjor being 'too human' idea ... We all knew MAA was human when we watched the cartoon, but upon first viewing he could have had a robotic element to him ...

    Maybe I'm just making something out of nothing!

    Great thread anyway ...
    I never saw the cartoon untill well after MOTU had been and gone. So when I first played with MAA figure I thought it really strange he had green skin and normal head.
    Because if you took his armour off and put him next to he-man they looked identical.
    Maybe they should have painted his hands like Mek-a-neck??
    So i really liked the fact the 4H made his suit tech looking.

    Ninjor with Skeletor limbs is fine, but I'd prefer he looked more human.

    After all, Skeletor cast a spell which brought 2 of the greatest and evil warriors from time and space. So he must be from ancient japan?
    I think that's what they were implying. Great excuse to include a ninja.
    They just used the claw boots because they were the cheapest option.

    The whole concept of MOTU was there were not limits to what they could include. Sci-fi, Fantasy all rolled into one awesome toy line.

  19. #44
    Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom of Eternia
    Posts
    3,203
    There are plenty more characters I'd like to see released before we get to late-in-the-day characters like Ninjor. Like others, I'll loyally buy him, but won't be over-fussed.

    Either 'Skeletor' or 'human' body will do me, but maybe I do prefer the 'clawed' version slightly more, it gives him a subtle 'alien' look. There's nothing to specifically to say he is from Earth - maybe a parallel Earth were ninja skills also developed.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

  20. #45
    Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Clawed feet

    Clawed hands/Fins

    No cloth jacket - should be sculpted on

    and 2 Heads!
    that's exactly what i want & i hope mattel does it sooner than later. (besides it would be really cheap for them to produce! )
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

  21. #46
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,156
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Myself, I'm quickly getting tired of the new three toed skeletor feet. I think it was fine for Skeletor, but I REALLY hope the create the original Evil 3 prong boot. I know they're about the same, but I'm getting tired of the visible toes... And the way its going, I think we're going to see a LOT of toes running around

    That said, I would like the Alien boots and original fins for ninjor.
    I hope that they sculpt those hands/feet soon too.

    Kobra Khan, Whiplash, and Webstor should all get those parts, not the 8-back style ones.

  22. #47
    Architeuthis dux Squid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,921
    I would much perfer the original semi-monster Skelly style over a more human aproatch any day.
    And as for his costume, I'd go for cloth.
    A plastic one could interfear with his articulation ...
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

  23. #48
    Heroic Master of Stuff Cammor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Like I said earlier they all should look like they jumped of of their 80`s cardbacks!! everysingle one of them. If they didn`t get a figure there are other references such as mini comics or card art, like how He Ro is depicted on Megator`s box I`d like them to be closer to the cardback than the actual figure
    I totally agree with you. The cardback art should be the inspiration for EACH of these figures.

  24. #49
    Heroic Warrior Eagledmasters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    222
    My Ninjor moment:

    A good while after I was done collecting Masters, I saw Ninjor at Pick N Save (foodstore) and got him in the summer of 1987. It was the last figure I'd get.

    So, I was watching a home movie from 1987 yesterday (!!!) and it is the "1st day back at school/ kids going to the bus stop" video:

    As my sister and I walk to the bus stop, with our backs to the camera, I take something out of my pocket, and show my sister. My mom, about 40 ft. away, is filming this and yells , "Pete.....what do you have there?"... I turn around and say "It's nunchuks, Mom!!! ....... From a He-Man guy! ..."

    Like she knows what nunchuks are.

    I was showing off my Ninjor nunchuks for the first day of school that day.
    I literally just saw this video yesterday, and couldn't help but post this great Ninjor memory. I think I was really into the sculpt of those nunchuks.
    I'm a musician, and if you'd please check out my music, I'd be so grateful. Like it on facebook here:
    www.facebook.com/peterdamoremusic

  25. #50
    Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Neuthonian Suburbs
    Posts
    2,558

    Feet

    This seems to me like more of a 200x question than anything.

    classics should be kept that way.

    if a statue is made of 200x, i say try something new maybe. (make it actually look like little feet booties with claws on them for climbing, but from behind you can see he has feet.)


    this question could have been echoed with zodak if it hasnt already, cause i did like his update. (200x)
    but i do appreciate the ORIGINAL sketches and stuff that showed him more like an alien.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •