Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MotUC Ninjor (Ninja Warrior) discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    And also, since the only thing he would need is a new head and weapons, if he does end up using Skeletor's body, does that mean he's close?

Discuss!
    This thread was started over four years ago... and yet still, with all of his presumed shared parts... NO NINJOR!!! I would think that 2013 would have to be his year though... maybe October or December's figure? With all the unique tooling required for Ram Man and Mantenna, the few remaining slots seem like they'd have to go to characters that'll be cheap for Mattel to do. I look forward to him... we've yet to have a figure in this line clad in black (Stinkor's the only one I see on my shelf that's mostly black), and the red boots and gloves are sure to be eye-catching. Hoping for demon feet, a maskless head, and nunchucks with an actual chain!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    This thread was started over four years ago... and yet still, with all of his presumed shared parts... NO NINJOR!!! I would think that 2013 would have to be his year though... maybe October or December's figure? With all the unique tooling required for Ram Man and Mantenna, the few remaining slots seem like they'd have to go to characters that'll be cheap for Mattel to do. I look forward to him... we've yet to have a figure in this line clad in black (Stinkor's the only one I see on my shelf that's mostly black), and the red boots and gloves are sure to be eye-catching. Hoping for demon feet, a maskless head, and nunchucks with an actual chain!
    Exactly my thoughts! the next figures to be announced could be Ninjor and a 200x character. I think the reason for the delay is that they use low tooling figures to compensate high tooled ones, and with the announcement of Mantenna, clearly Ninjor is the logic choice for the next character

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Mattel COULD reuse Preternia He-man's Chest Armor to save on new parts. Dragon can be a tampo (like Faker's Chest tape deck)
    ..."eh"... nah.. rather have them take that chest tho, and sculpt on a dragon emblem in 3D. Then that I could REALLY get behind!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    would Ninjor benefit by having Bow's articulated bow string hand?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    would Ninjor benefit by having Bow's articulated bow string hand?
    I was against it when it was originally suggested somewhere in these pages, but I've tried multiple weapons in the hand and he can hold pretty much anything! So yeah, I'd say he would benefit from it due to it's ability to hold regular weapons and it would be great for any throwing stars or knives they decide to add (here's hoping).

Problem is that it would probably be matched with Bow's left hand, which is WAY too open to hold anything tightly that doesn't have the shape of his bow. Pretty much all the weapons I try just fall through or flop around in the left hand. So I'd be up for the drawing hand, but not the left one.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I was Ninjor for Halloween the year he came out. My Mom sewed the whole costume for me.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I was against it when it was originally suggested somewhere in these pages, but I've tried multiple weapons in the hand and he can hold pretty much anything! So yeah, I'd say he would benefit from it due to it's ability to hold regular weapons and it would be great for any throwing stars or knives they decide to add (here's hoping).

Problem is that it would probably be matched with Bow's left hand, which is WAY too open to hold anything tightly that doesn't have the shape of his bow. Pretty much all the weapons I try just fall through or flop around in the left hand. So I'd be up for the drawing hand, but not the left one.
    yeah, bows other hand is large & very open than the other hands.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Snappy Threader
    Ninjor, being one of my all time favorite evil warriors, will be a welcome addition to my collection when he is announced this year. Hopefully.

Heroic Warrior
    How cool would it be to see Ninjor come with two heads; one hooded and one unhooded? The unhooded head could look just like the vintage head, which was Jitsu's. So if you wanted, you could put the unhooded head on your Jitsu if you're unsatisfied with the head he came with.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    How cool would it be to see Ninjor come with two heads; one hooded and one unhooded? The unhooded head could look just like the vintage head, which was Jitsu's. So if you wanted, you could put the unhooded head on your Jitsu if you're unsatisfied with the head he came with.
    While i do agree, a hooded and un-hooded head for Ninjor would rock, Ninjor's head and Jitsu's head weren't the same.......BUT.....if unhappy with Jitsu's current head yeah that could work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I do agree that they will most likley use Skeletor's body since that's what the classic did. And I too am fine with that.

So how about his costume. Think they'll still go the cloth route? I'm sure they would have to in order to be done the right way.
    Maybe they can use the some of Preternia Disguise He-man can factor into this, since they probably won't be using cloth?
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    Well that's weird...all these years I thought they shared the headsculpt. Oops.

You're not the only one. I didn't realize it was different until I was researching the vintage figure to make a custom Classics Ninjor.

http://insidiouscustoms.blogspot.com...t-masters.html
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

i never had ninjor as a kid...so i welcome him in MOTUC.

on a semi-related note...

it occurs to me that both japanese-inspired characters are evil? what is this? a 1930's serial?
    frankly, in my continuity, jitsu and fisto are buddies and are both good...

jitsu is totally evil, though...
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    i never had ninjor as a kid...so i welcome him in MOTUC.

on a semi-related note...

it occurs to me that both japanese-inspired characters are evil? what is this? a 1930's serial?
    frankly, in my continuity, jitsu and fisto are buddies and are both good...

jitsu is totally evil, though...
    Huh? Are you saying in your continuity Jitsu is good, but in reality Jitsu is evil? Or did you mean to say Ninjor is evil?

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Well that's weird...all these years I thought they shared the headsculpt. Oops.
    Well all asian people do look the same...just kidding.
    Not that the original Jitsu sculpt was very PC.

I can't wait for Ninjor, and I think the Bow articulation for his wrists would be a good idea and help round out his value seeing as he'll be about 75% re-used parts.
    I really hope he has Ninja feet and not the monster feet. Maybe he could come with clip on feet so vintage purists can re-create the original.

My Ninjor wish list:
    2 heads. Hooded and unhooded.
    New vest similar to preternia disguise He-man with sculpted dragon.
    Nunchucks with real chain
    Bow, arrow and quiver?
    newly sculpted sword. (Zodac and Kobra Khan got individual weapons)
    And what ninja from the 80's would be complete without some throwing stars??

Snappy Threader
    That's it Lee-Ro....perfect Ninjor.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by LEE-RO View Post
    I really hope he has Ninja feet and not the monster feet. Maybe he could come with clip on feet so vintage purists can re-create the original
    The Stratos feet would be perfect here.

Heroic Warrior

Ninjor

Sorry mods tried the search ,

Just wanted to say how much I'm looking forward to Ninjor,

Here's hoping they pump him up a bit like Eldor,

I'm thinking old ancient Japan style demon ninja
    With rope belts, and tattered robes and non tech style bow, here's a figure that's screaming for two heads, hooded and non hooded, it would be great to have new interchangeable hands with Kung-Fu poses and claws, also new feet would be great , still demon style but with the ninja toe style socks, the tunic should have cool little stuff on the belt, throwing stars etc,..

Yep, if done with the same attention to detail as Eldor, it should be great !!!!!

I see Ninjor as in the first quarter of 2015 batch of figures. We already know he's coming, and I agree he'll probably be cool, but he's not one I'm personally fired up about. But the Horsemen have constantly made lackluster OG figures shine and made me want them, so I have a feeling I'll be one of the converted once we see him.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Looking forward to this figure, the demon feet have always been weird to me but I'm sure they will still be present. I may grab an extra Fang Man and switch out the boots.

Heroic Warrior
    Ninjor was one of my favorites back in the day, and I really am looking forward to seeing him redone in Classic style! I will let him and Jitsu team up, for some double martial arts trouble..!

I grew to like the demon feet because I decided that he and Zodac are from the same alien humanoid race, and not "Human" like Adam & Teela are. Since he & Zodac have the same feet but humanoid appearance.

I prefer Zodac from the GL two-pack with the Keldor boots so I don't quite have that angle on it. I like the monster feet on Ninjor because I thought he was merged with a demon or dragon or something and not a purely human guy. Don't know why him being a demon hybrid ninja doesn't excite more people actually given how often I see objections to something as Earth-bound as a ninja being on Eternia.

And he's one of the few vintage figures I'm most interested in finally getting so I hope he's coming soon!!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I always felt Jitsu and Ninjor were related.