Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MotUC Ninjor (Ninja Warrior) discussion

This is the classics line so I feel he should be designed after the original. If he did have regular feet and no fins on the arms for me that would take a little fun out of the figure and make him more boring like a regular everyday ninja. To roll with skeletor and his minions he needs that stuff to fit in haha.

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    To be honest the only part of MOTUC Skeletor i dont like is the 3 finger feet.
    While vaguely reminiscent of the furry booted originals, mattel decide 2 make them "barefeet". On ninjor they could, actually, look better than on Skeletor, as if hey keep the original colour scheme they'd b obviously boots.
    I hope they mold the cloth on, as a removable cloth would just detract to the overall feel.
    An unmasked head could be an option, but that would have to b different from the one used on Jitsu, or simply just give us a masked ninja head. That would do.
    I'd love the bow accessory to b there too.

Heroic Warrior
    Here are my thoughts about Ninjor :

First, I reallly liked him when I was a kid. And I still do.

They should keep the clawed feet and fin arms, in my opinion. Ninjor is evil, so it gives him a specificity and a mystery that suits a ninja. It also gives him some kind of evil spirit/demon look.

What I really want to see is the SAME head and look he had in the 1980's toyline. Included (and most of all) with his hood on ! I believe it would be better if his ninja shirt and hood would be in cloth. But we all know Mattel said there wouldn't be any cloth used. Anyway, if they go for a plastic shirt and hood, they really MUST keep the very same and exact look he had as an 1980's toy. I really liked the way his hood looked like. It made Ninjor really awesome and special compared to the ninjas of other collections ! Please also keep his dragon decal on his armor !

And PLEASE, avoid at all costs the stupid "pointed hood" he sported in the mini-comic, because that made him look ridiculous.

I expect him to have his nunchuk, his Jitsu-style katana sword and his bow. Now, I hope Mattel and the 4 Horsemen will work properly on this accessory (the bow). I'm impatient to discover how Ninjor will look like.

I also believe we could see him being produced soon, maybe even in 2010 if we're lucky, because Ninjor wouldn't need many new pieces (a head, shirt and hood, and the 3 weapons)... Personally, I don't see any need for 2 heads for Ninjor.
    Last edited by Spectror; December 8, 2009 at 06:26am.

I prefer 2 heads to a cloth hood/sweater myself. I had the original, and the garment was of poor quality, never stayed in place and came apart too easily. Simply having a plastic costume and extra hooded head would solve all that.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mock23 View Post
    This is the classics line so I feel he should be designed after the original. If he did have regular feet and no fins on the arms for me that would take a little fun out of the figure and make him more boring like a regular everyday ninja. To roll with skeletor and his minions he needs that stuff to fit in haha.
    I don't know any regular everyday ninjas

Quote Originally Posted by Terry75 View Post
    I don't know any regular everyday ninjas
    It's true, all the big ninja companies went out of business during the dot-com crash of 2001.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

Because of his old outfit, Ninjor doesn't seem so easy an option for the 4H as I see it.

Sure the body cast is easy - regular shorts and torso, webbed feet and arm fins. Emphasises that Skeletor summoned him from another dimension, he is not Eternian human.

But the ninja outfit is the tricky part. Making 2 heads would be easy, hooded and bare-head versions. But how to treat the vest. One of the cool features of the old cloth vest was not only the hood but the fact you could make a black belt for Ninjor. That feature would need to be included with the new figure, potentially making a cloth suit the best, most functional option. Plus, the cloth vest always seemed to me to tie in with the concept of a ninja.

The one change I might suggest the 4H consider with MOTUC Ninjor, is whether to give his face a slight light blue skin colour, as a tip of the hat to the 200x series.

As much as I'd love to have him, I fear a MOTUC Ninjor is a way off while 4H work out how to handle the vest.

I think it would be cool if he used the Skeletor body for various reasons:
    1) It will match his classic appearance
    2) Being that he was summoned, he is probably not human but most likely an oni (Japanese demon)
    3) Finally the one thing I notice probably redundant though is that most of the evil warriors I guess for the original line had the webbed feet and finned wrists to set them apart from the good guys. Obviously Zodac did not fall into this category because he was neutral.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Mattel proved with Stratos that they'd prefer to stick closer to the original cardback art so I assume Ninjor will have Skeletor's body. I hope he has rubber garments.

The thing I really want to know about Ninjor is... when will we get him?!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Just wanted to post some more Ninjor pics, showing how differently he has been portrayed

What's people's preference for his arms?
    Skeletor's,
    Hordak's,
    He-Man's,
    or new arms sculpted to look like the vintage toy?
    Last edited by claw guy 3; December 15, 2009 at 06:55pm.

Thanks for posting that, Claw Guy 3! I am really looking forward to Ninjor. It seems from most representations, he was intended as more of a basic, human ninja, but I personally like the idea of him being some sort of quasi-demonic-ninja-feller.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmm... no good shots of his feet

Personally while I'm REALLY curious where that first picture comes from... I hate the white.

The Red I'm the most familiar with, but I think I like the minicomic one best... just looks coolest. Probably the artwork influencing me...

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    3) Finally the one thing I notice probably redundant though is that most of the evil warriors I guess for the original line had the webbed feet and finned wrists to set them apart from the good guys. Obviously Zodac did not fall into this category because he was neutral.
    Bahhh Zodac was Evil, and he was originally placed under the Evil Warriors heading. At least back then... I think your hitting more than missing on the Fins = Bad guy mentality of the early line
    Last edited by phantom1592; December 16, 2009 at 12:11am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar

In this pic from the mini-comic, it seems obvious that they gave the character the traditional He-Man style boots. I prefer that look for the character. Black boots look good, and more appropriate for a Ninja.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; December 16, 2009 at 10:59am.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I`m really looking foreward to Ninjor, I wish he and Scareglow were released a bit closer together since they arrived in MOTU together

The original toy seems to have the Dragon Blaster Skeletor feet (with an extra claw in back) as did Scareglow. I guess we aren't getting those. I wonder if they will make them for MOTUC Dragon Blaster Skeletor? The original were just to make Skeletor stand I suppose so maybe they aren't necessary in MOTUC?

Quote Originally Posted by suckator View Post
    The original toy seems to have the Dragon Blaster Skeletor feet (with an extra claw in back) as did Scareglow. I guess we aren't getting those. I wonder if they will make them for MOTUC Dragon Blaster Skeletor? The original were just to make Skeletor stand I suppose so maybe they aren't necessary in MOTUC?
    I hope we see the alternate evil feet somewhere. Even if it's like a booted version of the current three toe foot, I'd be happy.

I assumed that we wouldn't be seeing new feet too, with SG coming with the standard ones but then I thought maybe SG was a more expensive figre to produce due the glowing plastic, so the current feet were a compramise on costs

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    This would pretty much be my ideal version. The more weapons the better too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not bad at all, but personally, I think he will (and should) come with a rubbery tunic and two heads. I do want to see him released with his demon-like feet and hands. I like the idea of him being an oni!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

i'm looking forward to classics ninjor, with clawed feet and all, as i have yet to ever own him. i don't even recall seeing the toy until i got internet access.

because of that, and owning the 'search for keldor' comic, i never realized he had skeletor-style limbs. i assumed he had he-man style limbs, and that's a custom i'll be waiting for someone to show off (unless somone has already and i just missed it). the cool thing about the new he-man style boots is that they have a toe separation similar to a split toe "ninja-style" boot (which i'm amazed no one has mentioned in this thread yet).

also, as the parts-sharing is part of what makes MOTU so much fun for me, i'm looking forward to him having the same sword mold as jitsu.

I think if we keep condoning the making if figs with reusable parts we'll never get figs like Ram Man.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    arm fins and clawed feet with skeletors body sounds fine. will he get cloth cloths? what will his bio be like will it include RETURN TO ANWAT-GAR or something similar?

MOTUC Ninjor thread

Apaprently there were only a few polls regarding Ninjor's feet, but no official Ninjor for Classics Topic... Here it is. Discuss MOTU's Silent Assassin and what you'd like to see for him in Classics!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I would love to see Ninjor in MOTUC! I think the biggest concern/question is what to do with his ninja mask. In the original, it's a cloth mask. I would assume this might be a reason to do two heads, because a removable plastic mask/hood might look clunky.

Ah, but there IS a Ninjor thread! He's just such a good ninja that you didn't see it.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I did the search thingie and it didn't show up! He IS Stealthy! Mods, let this one be fused with the other Ninjor thread! (I swear I didn't see it...)

NINJA THREAD FUSION!

Will Ninjor come with Bow's hands? (He has a bow and arrow)
    His armor is similar to PED HE-Man.
    His body will obviously be Bad guy buck... Think Scareglow
    He shares a weapon with Jitsu.
    2 heads
    Nunchucks will probably have real chains just like we remember.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.